Whats New?

Brimcbhoy

Whats New??
Its a good question and I thought a good title for the thread.So to me this is the question Ive been asking myself. WHAT has changed since last season? We brought in a couple of players Ajeti,Laxalt, Barkas, loanees Duffy, Moi... Most were reasonably happy with these additions to the Squad.
Now there was one major, imho, difference in the backroom staff that I think has barely been mentioned and could have had a significant part in our slump in form and performances. That is the departure of Damian Duff and the arrival of his replacement Gavin Strachan.
It is the only thing I can see thats different from the last couple of Seasons at Celtic Park. I have no axe to grind regarding GS but surely first team coach is an important role at any club. It seems the arrival of GS and the drastic change in our style of play cannot be a coincidence.
So how did this former Peterborough Utd assistant manager get such an important job at such a big club as Celtic? Has his Dad still got some influence in the boardroom? Surely there must have been better qualified candidates out there when Duff gave his notice to go join the ROI as assistant?
I am only pointing this out because no one else seems to mention it and I am not making excuses for Neil Lennon, JK or PL. I never wanted NL to get the job in the 1st place and was vilified on here for saying so, it was a backward step in my opinion but the Lenny lovers all weighed in at the time. However I'm not going to say I told you so but I just did. NL, JK and especially GS should ALL be picking up their P45s TODAY. HH.

P.S Damian Duff wouldn't be a bad shout for Manager, IF he's ready to step up.

Hi Brimc - I'm not sure if you haven't been reading too much on here for a wee while, but the loss of Duff has been discussed a lot on the Noise. I have no doubt that it is a massive factor as Duff was apparently very popular with the players and had an obvious attacking flair. yet we let him walk away to his dream job - I never heard of any compensation package for him either. Can you imagine Celtic poaching someone from another team/association and not have to fork out good money for them?

I think the problems we're having on the pitch must be down to the training regime.
As I said before Lennon isn't telling players to go out and play pish and whatever has changed is affecting the whole team, Eddy, Moi, Frimpong, Christie all look shadows of the players they were 10 months ago.
The terrible defensive displays can't be helped by trading Forster for the Greek Ghost, hes hardly going to make the guys in front of him feel confident.
The problem we have is if the team are now badly trained, possibly not at their fittest it's not something that could be turned around overnight by a new coaching team.
Duff always seemed involved with the team from the sidelines, Kennedy just sits on his arse looking moody, as for Strachan Junior not sure if I'd know him if he was stood in front of me!

Hi Brimc - I'm not sure if you haven't been reading too much on here for a wee while, but the loss of Duff has been discussed a lot on the Noise. I have no doubt that it is a massive factor as Duff was apparently very popular with the players and had an obvious attacking flair. yet we let him walk away to his dream job - I never heard of any compensation package for him either. Can you imagine Celtic poaching someone from another team/association and not have to fork out good money for them?
Thanx BB, no ive not been on for a while thanx for the heads up. Glad to hear it has been discussed though. HH

I think the problems we're having on the pitch must be down to the training regime.
As I said before Lennon isn't telling players to go out and play pish and whatever has changed is affecting the whole team, Eddy, Moi, Frimpong, Christie all look shadows of the players they were 10 months ago.
The terrible defensive displays can't be helped by trading Forster for the Greek Ghost, hes hardly going to make the guys in front of him feel confident.
The problem we have is if the team are now badly trained, possibly not at their fittest it's not something that could be turned around overnight by a new coaching team.
Duff always seemed involved with the team from the sidelines, Kennedy just sits on his arse looking moody, as for Strachan Junior not sure if I'd know him if he was stood in front of me!
HH Hoopy, Not any have come out with much credit in the past few games, even Eddy looks out of sorts. But, and this is a must, we have got to bench Frimpong imo, his attacking wing play was the reason we liked him has deserted him, he cant get a cross over, cant get past a man, doesnt even look that quick anymore. Thats nothing compared to his defensive frailties, pushed off the ball too easily, too small to head a ball, always out of position. Needs dropped pronto.

HH Hoopy, Not any have come out with much credit in the past few games, even Eddy looks out of sorts. But, and this is a must, we have got to bench Frimpong imo, his attacking wing play was the reason we liked him has deserted him, he cant get a cross over, cant get past a man, doesnt even look that quick anymore. Thats nothing compared to his defensive frailties, pushed off the ball too easily, too small to head a ball, always out of position. Needs dropped pronto.
Frimpong absolutely is not a right back or even a wing back, we got away with it last year when the entire team were playing better but now we need defenders who can actually defend.
And much as I like the wee guy, as you say his final ball is pish at best.

The general fitness levels also need questioned, Griff came back from lockdown out of shape, totally his fault but 4 months later apparently hes still not fit enough to start. Eddy took ages coming back from covid, was he seriously ill? Still doesn't look 100% fit. Ajeti looks knackered after 15 minutes, I think Lenny has actually said recently the players aren't fit enough, now I'm the furthest thing from being anti Lennon, I desperately wanted him to be the one to deliver 10 but to say his players aren't fit enough after he's been in the job for more than 18 months is a damning indictment on his own regime, sadly 😿

I don't expect Lenny to be breaking doon the door at MENSA anytime soon, but he can't exist by the ethos that everyone else is quite as stupid as he apparently believes they are.

We know what is played out before our eyes. We see the evidence laid out before us - no amount of spin and wishful thinking can/will alter the facts.

I believe that Lenny is on record as stating that he doesn't follow social media or the media coverage, but perhaps that is an area that he may want to address, because nobody is buying the stupid that he's selling any more.

It's the pre-match, post-match statements that he makes which confirm that he needs advice and assistance. He can fool himself, but he isn't fooling anybody else.

Even at this time, he could probably win back some sympathy if he laid out clearly the limitations that were placed upon him when he accepted the job. If he was impaired by the coaching staff foisted upon him, then he should explain that to the support. If he has been debilitated by having to get rid of players and have the chairman's choices thrust upon him, then he should explain that to the support.

It is extremely arrogant to presume that the core of the support don't know anything about the game, but the way that Lenny is transmitting his opinion would suggest that he thinks the core of the support don't know anything about the game.

Do yourself a favour, Lenny.........tell it like it is, but don't fucking patronise us with phooey

I just think the players would have more respect for someone who has played the game to a decent level. How the hell did Gavin Strachan get the job anyway? I've heard someone call him Gavin "run run" Strachan, so that's his input is it? And he's first team coach! Was anyone else considered for the position? Surely to God there must have been, or was he cheap Peter?

I just think the players would have more respect for someone who has played the game to a decent level. How the hell did Gavin Strachan get the job anyway? I've heard someone call him Gavin "run run" Strachan, so that's his input is it? And he's first team coach! Was anyone else considered for the position? Surely to God there must have been, or was he cheap Peter?
Recommended maybe by an influence who has beeen there previously, hows your lad doing, funny you should ask.
BTWthats a good point raised we sometimes get the Dad for analysis, now so far he has not gave real hard criticism when doing the analysis, wonder why, would mean highlighting the coaching staff and the laptop kids input. Nudge wink, Never was a fan of Strachan Aberdeen penny pincher sweetie paper mentality, same as Willie Miller tight fisted and full of shite.

Good point Brimc were the Lidl of Football clubs cheap. with Ambitions of the Top table wee see cheap and jump at it
Big changes needed at all Levels we need proper professionals running the club
Over to you DD
Good to have you back Brimc

HH🍀

I heard that Damien Duff wanted back to Ireland because his family lives there and they were missing him so took the opportunity to get back there when it arose.
Believe that is just another smokescreen CR hardly been involved in the Ireland set up as it stands is a great move to have on your cv, as we can't even score a goal no matter what, depending on og as things stand to maybe get a draw

Members online

No members online now.

Back