Whats the best individual performance

Aye, that’s one I was gonna put forward. If I mind right, he wasn’t playing so much and he’d asked to be played. Seemed like a last go at showing what he could do. Megging for fun
Sutty was outstanding that night too, but Lubo was on another level.

This nonsense that Juventus played a weakened team, but it was still full of internationals including World Cup and Euro winners.

Lubo shone that night and it was a masterclass in touch and arrogance.

Jinky, second half against Red Star Belgrade! 🍺
Another game I was at in my teens
Jinky was unbelievable that night
he story goes that he didn't like flying and big Jock told him if they won the game comfortably, he didn't need to go to Yugoslavia, for the second leg
Apparently, when the Red Star coach found out, Jimmy was not going to be there, he said to Jock, "The people of Belgrade, deserve to see the genius of Jimmy Johnstone !"
Here's a clip and Jinky, telling the story

I thought there was some footage of Jinky against Red Star on You're A Tube, was gonna put it up but cant find it. 😾
Davie Marshall against Barca, that was a freaky performance!
But best I've seen was probably Henrik in Seville.
Found this on Twitter
Jinky was unplayable that night

Aside from all the usual answers, heres two

Dziekanowski v Partizan Belgrade - to score 4 goals in a european tie ...and be knocked out was criminal but what an effort
David Marshall, Nou Camp V Barcelona...Year after Seville....Best goalkeeping performance ive ever seen. Still have the paper with the Marshallona headline

Aside from all the usual answers, heres two

Dziekanowski v Partizan Belgrade - to score 4 goals in a european tie ...and be knocked out was criminal but what an effort
David Marshall, Nou Camp V Barcelona...Year after Seville....Best goalkeeping performance ive ever seen. Still have the paper with the Marshallona headline
Yeah Marshall was a good one. Did he no chip a player passing to a defender? I’m sure rab Douglas had a good game as well, possibly Valencia, where he saved a hunner shots

Yeah Marshall was a good one. Did he no chip a player passing to a defender? I’m sure rab Douglas had a good game as well, possibly Valencia, where he saved a hunner shots

Kennedy had his best game in the hoops that night too

Back