What's yer true feelings about our next game

lennono

Personally I feel upbeat and looking forward to it. Would I take a draw now! No way. We will be up for this. Yes, I know, we went through a wee dark period when we struggled to finish teams off. I'm sure we are over this and starting to fire on all cylinders again. Basically a full squad to choose from, even though wee doubts aboot Calmac and Hatate feeling or being fully fit. As i said before, got a feeling Kuhn will rip the place apart. I deffo don't see a reason for hidin ahent the couch.

Personally I feel upbeat and looking forward to it. Would I take a draw now! No way. We will be up for this. Yes, I know, we went through a wee dark period when we struggled to finish teams off. I'm sure we are over this and starting to fire on all cylinders again. Basically a full squad to choose from, even though wee doubts aboot Calmac and Hatate feeling or being fully fit. As i said before, got a feeling Kuhn will rip the place apart. I deffo don't see a reason for hidin ahent the couch.
There will be no place for hiding in front of 50000 rabid huns so they better be up for it.We need to keep it tight and keep our heads!This mob are not a good football team and dont play like us but they have improved under their new manager.One thing i do know is my nerves will be shattered come Sunday!Get fucking into them Celtic .Hail Hail

I’m shitting myself like I do any game against these manky bastards
I dint fear them, I just hate watching the games and it can make your day or destroy your week
I think we’re in good shape for the game for a change

Last edited:
I think we should win, but they will throw everything at us early on in both halves so we need every player on the pitch working hard, fully focused and not doing anything stupid. No silly mistakes or gifting chances - if they do get anything then it must only be through their good play rather than any sloppiness on our part. Do not get caught out at the back as has happened too often in recent times.

They are not as shite as so many of our fans think (nor nearly as good as the media hype them to be) but we are still a more skillful team. They play to their strengths so we should not underestimate them. But neither should we fear them. If we play like we should then we will win.

I hope we don't give Beaton or Walsh any opportunity to interfere, as they are our biggest threat.

I predict a hard fought away win to the good guys.

Last edited:
The week before is always the same, the SMSM ramp up the hyperbole and rhetoric about how they are a fantastic team, and how Celtic are dealing with a crisis, as I once replied to a miscreant who attempted to mug me on platform 13 in Glasgow Central, and said he was 'going to fuck me up' "Heard it..." I can usually tell within the first twenty minutes of the kick off, how it's going to turn out, and we should be feeling good with the players who we had out injured, but are now back, like Lennono, I'm feeling pretty confident, although the usual suspects will most likely be involved on the Huns behalf. Brendan, CalMac, AJ, CCV and the Bhoys will be up for this on Sunday Mon the Hoops, we are all with you in spirit and YNWA

Love this and never tire of reading it...from 100 years ago and still relevant today

From the Glasgow Observer, reporting on a 1921
Some things never change...
> Celtic vs Rangers game...
"On the terracing at the Dalmornock end on Saturday there was congregated a gang, thousands strong, including the dregs and scourings of filthy slumdom, unwashed yahoos, jailbirds, night hawks, won't-works, 'burroo barnacles', and pavement pirates, all, or nearly all, in the scarecrow stage of verminous trampdom. This ragged army of insantitary pests was lavishly provided with orange and blue remnants, and these were flaunted in challenge as the football tide flowed this way or that. Practically with out cessation for ninety minutes or more, the vagabond scum kept up a strident howl of the 'Boyne Water' chorus. Nothing so designedly provoking, so maliciously insulting, or so beastially ignorant has ever been witnessed even in the wildest exhibitions of Glasgow Orange bigotry.....Blatantly filthy language of the lowest criminal type assailed the shocked ears of decent onlookers. There was no getting away from it, chanted as it was by thousands of voices in bedlamite yells. The stentorian use of filthy language is a crime against the law of the land. Policemen lined the track and listened to the hooligan uproar, yet nothing was done to stop it. The scandal was renewed with increased violence in London Road after the match. Is it possible the blue mob can do just anything and get away with it? Prompt official steps were taken to suppress and prosecute the green brake-club lads who dared to sing 'The Dear Little Shamrock' in Paisley Road. Yet thousands of foul-mouthed and blasphemous Orange ruffians are free to run amok over the East End of Glasgow. How do you account for it?"

TBF we have stepped up when it matters in important games this season. Where we have struggled is not putting the ball away when we have had most of the play against other teams.
These games against them are not like that. We usually pull out the extra 5%.
Individual battles will be happening all over the pitch, Callum has been the key to link and galvanise.
If he plays I think we win.
Iwata..draw.
Nothing against the guy, he's done a good job, but .

I don't think we'll lose. A draw the most likely result, moving the 'biggest derby game in years' (copyright SMSM) forward until we play them at CP after the split.
We have the best defender in the league, the best midfielders in the league and the best striker who knows how to score against them since Larsson.
They are a decent team compared to Beale's chancers and they have Beaton and Walsh.

2 things worry me and worry me greatly.

First is the MIB. They will pounce on every chance they get to punish us or make incredibly bad decisions in the sevvies favour. A sending off or a Tavpen is highly likely and it will be a get it right up you from the SFA and the LRA.

Secondly, the huns are a big team and use that height to an advantage and use their strength to kick the Bhoys off the park.

Very nervous when we play them at their dump and has always been the case for me old or new club.
I'm the complete opposite when they come to ours I couldn't be more confident.
I've always believed the home advantage is exactly that.. an advantage ......throw in Var and a full stadium of their own and it becomes quite the task.

My hope is its still all to play for after the game and no advantage to the imposters through the usual skullduggery.

I never enjoy watching these games in real time but take great pleasure in re watching from a positive result and pour over and over the footage at least through to the Wednesday that follows with great delight.

A defeat sets me back quite considerably and takes me the week to get over.
Thankfully that has been few and far between in the last 25 years but the contrasting feelings from the result never changes for me even as I get longer in the tooth.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

this could have been written by me for me...
------
I'm usually a bit more confident if I'm going to the game. But I'd rather be safe in my hoose watching fae my couch/sofa 😅.

------

Sadly due to hunfortunate decisions made by the new club I'll once again be renewing my membership of the "RCB" .... Thats the "Republican Couch Brigade"..

Love this and never tire of reading it...from 100 years ago and still relevant today

From the Glasgow Observer, reporting on a 1921
Some things never change...
> Celtic vs Rangers game...
"On the terracing at the Dalmornock end on Saturday there was congregated a gang, thousands strong, including the dregs and scourings of filthy slumdom, unwashed yahoos, jailbirds, night hawks, won't-works, 'burroo barnacles', and pavement pirates, all, or nearly all, in the scarecrow stage of verminous trampdom. This ragged army of insantitary pests was lavishly provided with orange and blue remnants, and these were flaunted in challenge as the football tide flowed this way or that. Practically with out cessation for ninety minutes or more, the vagabond scum kept up a strident howl of the 'Boyne Water' chorus. Nothing so designedly provoking, so maliciously insulting, or so beastially ignorant has ever been witnessed even in the wildest exhibitions of Glasgow Orange bigotry.....Blatantly filthy language of the lowest criminal type assailed the shocked ears of decent onlookers. There was no getting away from it, chanted as it was by thousands of voices in bedlamite yells. The stentorian use of filthy language is a crime against the law of the land. Policemen lined the track and listened to the hooligan uproar, yet nothing was done to stop it. The scandal was renewed with increased violence in London Road after the match. Is it possible the blue mob can do just anything and get away with it? Prompt official steps were taken to suppress and prosecute the green brake-club lads who dared to sing 'The Dear Little Shamrock' in Paisley Road. Yet thousands of foul-mouthed and blasphemous Orange ruffians are free to run amok over the East End of Glasgow. How do you account for it?"

Wiz this from Keevins?…

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back