Which non Scottish or Irish players really got what Celtic are all about

BILLCOWIE1958

There have been some wonderful players who have graced the Green and white hoops over the years
Recently more and more non Scottish players have played for the Club with varying degrees of both success and loyalty
Which non Scottish or Irish players totally got what playing for Celtic was all about not only on the pitch but the whole ethos of the Club?

Larsson would be my top pick but who would yours be?
HH?

Last edited:
There have been some wonderful players who have graced the Green and white hoops over the years
Recently more and more non Scottish players have played for the Club with varying degrees of both success and loyalty
Which non Scottish or Irish players totally got what playing for Celtic was all about not only on the pitch but the whole ethos of the Club?

HH?
chris morris

HH?

One non indigenous ghuy who got it brilliantly for me was Didier Agathe - who following the home leg of the 2003 UEFA Cup Semi Final against Boavista when the fans turned on Neil Lennon for not playing the ball forward or quickly enough ( yes it did happen to the extent that Lenny’s father stormed out of the stadium vowing never to return ) was asked about this crowd reaction by the Scottish Press and memorably replied “ the fans don’t hate us - they love us too much “ - that summed us up succinctly I thought . ?

So many have totally got what it means to be a part of Celtic FC
Big Bad John, gets my vote, he came to us after not being signed by Lazarus FC and boy, did he love scoring against them
Heis my choce because he's still the same, when it comes to loving Celtic

HH?
Marc Reiper

Members online

Latest posts

Back