Who next ??

Weedocbhoy60

For me we are almost, but not quite, there with signings. To get CCV and Jota on board was great work. An experienced back up for Joe Hart was a good call as well, I think Ben Seigrist was a good choice.
If it was me , thank God it isn't, I would say we need a CB and a DM. I don't think we need another striker as we are covered with Kyogo, Giomakis and Maeda all capable. I don't think we need a RB as I think Josip will stay, until the World Cup at least.
So Bhoys and Ghirls am I right or have I missed something ???

For me we are almost, but not quite, there with signings. To get CCV and Jota on board was great work. An experienced back up for Joe Hart was a good call as well, I think Ben Seigrist was a good choice.
If it was me , thank God it isn't, I would say we need a CB and a DM. I don't think we need another striker as we are covered with Kyogo, Giomakis and Maeda all capable. I don't think we need a RB as I think Josip will stay, until the World Cup at least.
So Bhoys and Ghirls am I right or have I missed something ???
I actually think that our transfer business has been unbelievable to date, and could never have visioned getting both Jota and CCV on permanent deals, but we did.
Yet I still don't believe that we are finished just yet either, but certainly going to be a bit harder now imo.
A CB is still possibly needed and without any game guaranteed still, would rule out any loan deal as such, so Dan Murray will be given an opportunity to see if he can step up for consideration to the 1st team squad next season, as would be very surprised for us to spend big money in the position still imo.
A defensive midfielder could well be on the cards still, and still the possibility of a loan to buy deal could still be on the cards, so couldn't rule souza out still, even if young Lawal might be given his chance along with guchi in pre season to see what they can offer us potentially in the role imo.
Offload ajeti, and free up wages for young Larsson would be a no brainer imo, yet could still be a long shot but not impossible either, I would say

I actually think that our transfer business has been unbelievable to date, and could never have visioned getting both Jota and CCV on permanent deals, but we did.
Yet I still don't believe that we are finished just yet either, but certainly going to be a bit harder now imo.
A CB is still possibly needed and without any game guaranteed still, would rule out any loan deal as such, so Dan Murray will be given an opportunity to see if he can step up for consideration to the 1st team squad next season, as would be very surprised for us to spend big money in the position still imo.
A defensive midfielder could well be on the cards still, and still the possibility of a loan to buy deal could still be on the cards, so couldn't rule souza out still, even if young Lawal might be given his chance along with guchi in pre season to see what they can offer us potentially in the role imo.
Offload ajeti, and free up wages for young Larsson would be a no brainer imo, yet could still be a long shot but not impossible either, I would say
Good point about Murray and Lawal. Decent performances during friendlies could move them up the queue. Can we wait to see if they measure up??

Good point about Murray and Lawal. Decent performances during friendlies could move them up the queue. Can we wait to see if they measure up??
I think Ange is well aware of having 8 squad members within a 25 man CL squad with youth connections to celtic and Scottish football still.
Not 100% how it actually works still, but at present couldn't see Mikey Johnson been considered for a place within that squad so would possibly make Murray well ahead of him now.
Don't know how Lawal could be classed still yet already have calmac, Ralston, Welsh, Taylor, Forrest, Bain and Turnbull already who you would expect to be part of that squad still, so only possibly 1 place available to keep the harmony within the squad intact imo.

I think Dane Murray is still out injured, a legacy from last season where he missed the last couple of months. Bosun Lawal should get a chance this week in the opening couple of friendlies in Austria with CCV only just coming back this week and Starfelt injured.
Even if Lawal does well can see him, and Murray when fit, heading out on loan. I would expect 2 more signings, a left sided CH and a DCM, possibly two loans with options to buy. Other than that it'll either be replacements for anyone who is in Ange's plans but is sold or there is a serious injury over the next 2 months.
We need to get Jullien, Bolingoli, Soro and Ajeti off the wage bill.

I think Ange is well aware of having 8 squad members within a 25 man CL squad with youth connections to celtic and Scottish football still.
Not 100% how it actually works still, but at present couldn't see Mikey Johnson been considered for a place within that squad so would possibly make Murray well ahead of him now.
Don't know how Lawal could be classed still yet already have calmac, Ralston, Welsh, Taylor, Forrest, Bain and Turnbull already who you would expect to be part of that squad still, so only possibly 1 place available to keep the harmony within the squad intact imo.
We currently have 5 first team squad players who are home grown (McGregor, Forrest, Ralston, Welsh and Johnston) and 4 who meet the association developed criteria (Bain, Taylor, McCarthy and Turnbull) so have scope to take one out, most likely Johnston, and still keep within the numbers.
Moravcik67 did a very good twitter thread on this last night. Even keeping Johnston, but getting rid of Jullien, Boli, Soro and Ajeti, still gives us three spaces in a squad of 25 for CL.

We currently have 5 first team squad players who are home grown (McGregor, Forrest, Ralston, Welsh and Johnston) and 4 who meet the association developed criteria (Bain, Taylor, McCarthy and Turnbull) so have scope to take one out, most likely Johnston, and still keep within the numbers.
Moravcik67 did a very good twitter thread on this last night. Even keeping Johnston, but getting rid of Jullien, Boli, Soro and Ajeti, still gives us three spaces in a squad of 25 for CL.
Do you actually know when these rules are going to be implied properly Gary as I was under the impression that using the so called B squad was a way of getting around the problem, but also now under the impression that uefa were actually going to tighten up upon the rule with so many clubs abusing the rule as such

Definitely need centre half cover as Welsh is nowhere near good enough (yet? Or ever) and with Biton gone, we are a utility man down
This is where lawal may well be looked upon as filling the void in the biton role imo docco, even if I wouldn't class biton as much of a CH but still was useful to have in an emergency situation still.
Think lawal only signed a 3 year contract so something has to happen for him this coming season, or another young player could be gearing up for the off, as lowland league football and his so called potential is hardly a good mix as things stand imo.

Definitely need centre half cover as Welsh is nowhere near good enough (yet? Or ever) and with Biton gone, we are a utility man down
This is where lawal may well be looked upon as filling the void in the biton role imo docco, even if I wouldn't class biton as much of a CH but still was useful to have in an emergency situation still.
Think lawal only signed a 3 year contract so something has to happen for him this coming season, or another young player could be gearing up for the off, as lowland league football and his so called potential is hardly a good mix as things stand imo.
Not so sure Gary as I still don't know if you have to go with the 3 goalkeepers, which if you didn't would possibly rule Bain out.
At present we seem to have already a very strong 22 with 2 players covering the 433 formation and that allowing for Murray to replace Jules.
So potentially another 3 could be added still, but could well depend on getting the likes of Jules, ajeti, soro and boli out of the door first also.
That could still remain easier said than done still, with the money they are currently on

Do you actually know when these rules are going to be implied properly Gary as I was under the impression that using the so called B squad was a way of getting around the problem, but also now under the impression that uefa were actually going to tighten up upon the rule with so many clubs abusing the rule as such
The B List is for players under 21 and who have trained with the club for 3+ seasons, eg Dane Murray would be on the B list, as would the likes of Owen Moffat, as they have been within the academy system more than 3 years, but Bosun Lawal, and the likes of Joey Dawson or Johnny Kenny, would not as they haven't been at the club for 3 years.

As things stand CL squad A List would be

Hart, Bain, Siegrist
Juranovic, Ralston, Taylor, Bernabei, CCV, Starfelt, Welsh
McGregor, Ideguchi, McCarthy, Hatate, O'Riley, Turnbull
Forrest, Abada, Jota, Maeda, Giakoumakis, Kyogo, Johnston

23 players excluding Jullien, Soro, Bolingoli, Ajeti, Shaw, Urhoghide who even if they are still at the club don't need to be included and most probably wouldn't be.
5 academy trained and 4 association trained so meets the requirement for 8 in total
Leaves 2 spaces in A list (new CH and CDM?)

B List
Olumayemi, Murray, Otoo, Carse, Summers, Wylie, Moffat, Vata, Brooks and any other youngster under 21 who has been at the club 3+ years

The B List is for players under 21 and who have trained with the club for 3+ seasons, eg Dane Murray would be on the B list, as would the likes of Owen Moffat, as they have been within the academy system more than 3 years, but Bosun Lawal, and the likes of Joey Dawson or Johnny Kenny, would not as they haven't been at the club for 3 years.
So in theory then Gary clubs can still get away with using a squad beyond the 25 and thought this is where uefa wanted to tighten up that rule as such, with bigger clubs hoovering up younger players to be used in just making up a quota but still not representing the club in a senior capacity as such unless they use the league Cup as such, thinking of EPL clubs along with the scum in mind as it still remains an issue for ourselves not to bothered about for the time being either.

As things stand CL squad A List would be

Hart, Bain, Siegrist
Juranovic, Ralston, Taylor, Bernabei, CCV, Starfelt, Welsh
McGregor, Ideguchi, McCarthy, Hatate, O'Riley, Turnbull
Forrest, Abada, Jota, Maeda, Giakoumakis, Kyogo, Johnston

23 players excluding Jullien, Soro, Bolingoli, Ajeti, Shaw, Urhoghide who even if they are still at the club don't need to be included and most probably wouldn't be.
5 academy trained and 4 association trained so meets the requirement for 8 in total
Leaves 2 spaces in A list (new CH and CDM?)

B List
Olumayemi, Murray, Otoo, Carse, Summers, Wylie, Moffat, Vata, Brooks and any other youngster under 21 who has been at the club 3+ years
Would also be a squad well able to deal with Scottish football also for the season imo Gary even if Johnson could be hanging on by his fingernails at present.
Still leaves room to strengthen still, if them players can be got, agree especially surrounding the DM and LCB

Ange will sort it oot......looks like he is getting what he wants......good enuff fur me......exciting times ahead......I think we will take a few scalps in europe....but prob not make the last 16, but you never know....this team is going to better than last season.......

Ronaldo wants to leave Man U........he doesn't need money but a final challenge for him.....not going to happen but if he did sign, he would propel us in Europe

You can but dream
Wouldn't want him docco even if we could get him for nothing and wanted to play for nothing, got no time for players who act and think they are bigger than a club and Ronaldo fits that glove perfectly at the moment

Ange will sort it oot......looks like he is getting what he wants......good enuff fur me......exciting times ahead......I think we will take a few scalps in europe....but prob not make the last 16, but you never know....this team is going to better than last season.......
You never know Lennono, certainly in a far better position for european football next season than in many of the seasons past.
CL is going to be at a far higher level than many of the squad are use to still, but still enough quality to say its not impossible either imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Back