Who runs this site? Get your act together......

The ads are targeted to your own particular interests and browsing habits, the targeting of such ads by whoever is placing them could also be better so that they reach their target audience, which other than obsessed lurkers, isn't to be found here. The fact that we are eating into their budget is good. Every little helps. But if you want my resignation you can have it.
Handled, with your usual style, & panache, Captain
HH

The ads are targeted to your own particular interests and browsing habits, the targeting of such ads by whoever is placing them could also be better so that they reach their target audience, which other than obsessed lurkers, isn't to be found here. The fact that we are eating into their budget is good. Every little helps. But if you want my resignation you can have it.
So if every click on a Sevco ad costs them maybe 0.0005p and this thread has been viewed 190 times and half those people clicked one of those Sevco ads 5 times a day.............Carlsberg don't do insolvency events but if they did.............

Or,use an adblocker!
Good suggestion, Michael. I use my tablet at work and I don't have an adblocker set on it. So when I visit the Noise, I get all kinds of clothing and bedding (?) adverts -- one that even says, "A bed like no other." But at home I use an adblocker on my computer, and I see no ads at all. So six of one, half dozen of the other.

If anyone knows, and maybe the Captain can confirm this: If the ads are Google generated or even depending on the algorithm used by whomever is responsible, then I think the Huns get charged for every click-through they get, so . . .

Oh, and Winning Captains, don't you dare go anywhere :D

Back