Why cant we score from corners?

Please no.... Charlie mulgrew??? That would be a serious backward step. I'll never forgive him for walking off the pitch and later claimed
How's things going at St Michael's, Frank?
Asked the priest 2 weeks ago...said he will give an update after Lent..so hopefully ,it will be good news.. but will resurrect the post ( oops)..at Easter ,I hope.

Our big physical players are pretty much marking themselves at set-pieces because they're so close together.

You have to break the lines at set pieces, one big man hitting the back post, one hitting the front, then one late runner hitting the penalty spot.

Everything is jammed up and it's a dawdle to defend against.

Agreed
Have someone hanging back around the 18 yard line and someone on the outside
Players all going for the same ball, get jammed up by defenders and opposition outfiled players who clog up the box
Waste of time and energy lamping the ball over constantly
I'd also like to see players taking a shot from 25-30 yards out and make the keeper work
We're too predictable at times

What really frustrates me is the lack of any kind of imagination, its the same thing over and over again. A corner is basically a free cross into the opponents area, ok they've got time to set their defence but we have time to get the big guys up too. There are many options available to use yet we just go for the punt it into the box and hope for the best every time.

Our Corners are are like our cross's fired in like exorcet missiles seriously would any of use want to put your head to it that's if you could react quick enough and jump 10ft

Fk knows why we can't cross a ball and find the target ,it really is easy , so is a throw in by good we make these things look hard
even looking up before we cross would be a great idea cos most of the time there's nobody to cross to

I said it yesterday, why not opt for a short one occasionally or what happened to the near post flick on with the head? And when the corner taker raises one arm as a signal to the rest of the team does that mean its going beyond the back post? If so why the fuck doesnt anyone drift back into that area just in case he really means it? Lost count of the amount of times thats happened. Grrr, wheres that fking knitting?

Our big physical players are pretty much marking themselves at set-pieces because they're so close together.

You have to break the lines at set pieces, one big man hitting the back post, one hitting the front, then one late runner hitting the penalty spot.

Everything is jammed up and it's a dawdle to defend against.

Yep!

The quality of the delivery needs to improve too...

Back