Why Ntcham STILL Matters

Ntcham is a player. I have no doubt of that. He has lost form and that can be fixed. I’m not sure if he wants to stay though. That could be the main issue.
That's the major issue, he looks like a boy who isn't enjoying his football in Scotland and it's a difficult thing to wind that back.

It's a pity, as there is definitely a player in there, but if he doesn't fancy it, then it's another empty shirt.

As much as I'm one of Lenny's advocates, I'm not sure his style of man-management suits boys like Olly, so perhaps it would be mutually beneficial if a deal could be struck that suits both player and Celtic.

Have to agree with Duncans comment at the end of the article,dont think he likes a physical battle and he would be more suited to Spanish or Portuguese football were he'll get more time on the ball.

That's the major issue, he looks like a boy who isn't enjoying his football in Scotland and it's a difficult thing to wind that back.

It's a pity, as there is definitely a player in there, but if he doesn't fancy it, then it's another empty shirt.

As much as I'm one of Lenny's advocates, I'm not sure his style of man-management suits boys like Olly, so perhaps it would be mutually beneficial if a deal could be struck that suits both player and Celtic.

Lennon needs to learn it’s not the fucking 70’s and bawlungvand shouting isn’t the answer. Reverting to that mode tells me he can’t manage players today who won’t put up with that bollocks.

Tear a strip by all means when needed, but if they aren’t doing what you want how much is they down to his guidance and appreciation of what players can do?

That was my worry about appointing him, the game has moved on. I’m not sure if he can and get the best out of them. He certainly failed to improve the performance level since coming in. It was the same slow as a week in the jail shit we’ve watched for over a season.

Lennon needs to learn it’s not the fucking 70’s and bawlungvand shouting isn’t the answer. Reverting to that mode tells me he can’t manage players today who won’t put up with that bollocks.

Tear a strip by all means when needed, but if they aren’t doing what you want how much is they down to his guidance and appreciation of what players can do?

That was my worry about appointing him, the game has moved on. I’m not sure if he can and get the best out of them. He certainly failed to improve the performance level since coming in. It was the same slow as a week in the jail shit we’ve watched for over a season.
I'm sure Lenny will work out who can take a bollocking and who needs a wee arm round the shoulder.

Nowadays HR is usually between HR (or your manager first) but should be dealt confidentially and in private.

Underperformers are usually put on a personal improvement plan and if they show they cant do the job by improving then their usually out the door.

Thats a threat to your income.
Its different with footballers other teams are reluctant to touch them if their shite.

So what do you do? Bench them?

Look at compper..... every other player knocking their pan in for the cause and that fucker getting all his dough sitting with his feet up.

The bhoys on the pitch trying are usually hung out to dry if their pish but it must be seriosly demotivating for them watching that ghost of a lazy bastard do sfa.

Nowadays HR is usually between HR (or your manager first) but should be dealt confidentially and in private.

Underperformers are usually put on a personal improvement plan and if they show they cant do the job by improving then their usually out the door.

Thats a threat to your income.
Its different with footballers other teams are reluctant to touch them if their shite.

So what do you do? Bench them?

Look at compper..... every other player knocking their pan in for the cause and that fucker getting all his dough sitting with his feet up.

The bhoys on the pitch trying are usually hung out to dry if their pish but it must be seriosly demotivating for them watching that ghost of a lazy bastard do sfa.

It’s not Comperr I blame. It’s that useless cunt Rogers for buying him, Hendry, Tolijan and Gamboa. That’s where the ire should be directed. Comperr is not there doing fuck all because he decided to. Rogers couldn’t see a defender if the cunt was teabagging him.

Yes thats what im getting at in a round about way.

That manager ran our other bhoys into the ground but brought in others to put their feet up?

Always like looking at the celtic by numbers stats. The drop is alarming. He wasn't on it in the first half of the season but the second half is where I noticed the biggest change. I said to my cousin months ago
"Ntcham hasn't kicked a ball since he didny kick a ball against the huns in January"

Without the data in front of me I can't back up my point ?
Its hard to know what sources are genuine if any when it comes to what price we will sell at. It was 7-8m then 10m with a few clickbait efforts chucking in 15-17m Euro.
We have him wrapped up under contract which is the only fact.
Any club watching his displays in the second half of this season won't be coming in at 10m. If they do then they are fucking mental.
If Ntcham smells a move and starts putting in a shift in pre season and qualifying then it's a clear sign he plays when he wants.
I just can't accept his performance levels over the last while being that bad if he hasn't chucked it.
I can see this rolling on all summer as I don't think teams will be clambering over each other to get him signed up. Not unless his performances pick up.
The risk with that is will Lenny (pressure from PL) play him to raise his value when he doesn't deserve to be in the team?
If he is to be punted we need to get it done ASAP. Have a sit down with him and ask if he wants a move. If yes ghtf. MD(no cover) and DB (no dough/no cover) are prime examples of us fucking it up.
Its no use to us him moving in the twilight hours of the window. The funds will disappear and be written off come January as they always are.
If he decides to kick about because he wants CL football... Again ghtf.
If we don't make it he may fire in a transfer request and we will no doubt take a bid to soften the £ blow of not making the groups.
The longer this goes on the higher chance of us being down a first 11 player.
My gut is telling me PL would be quite happy for Bitton to take his place and bank the dough.
What a rant! The window isn't even open and listen to that! ?

Always like looking at the celtic by numbers stats. The drop is alarming. He wasn't on it in the first half of the season but the second half is where I noticed the biggest change. I said to my cousin months ago
"Ntcham hasn't kicked a ball since he didny kick a ball against the huns in January"

Without the data in front of me I can't back up my point ?
Its hard to know what sources are genuine if any when it comes to what price we will sell at. It was 7-8m then 10m with a few clickbait efforts chucking in 15-17m Euro.
We have him wrapped up under contract which is the only fact.
Any club watching his displays in the second half of this season won't be coming in at 10m. If they do then they are fucking mental.
If Ntcham smells a move and starts putting in a shift in pre season and qualifying then it's a clear sign he plays when he wants.
I just can't accept his performance levels over the last while being that bad if he hasn't chucked it.
I can see this rolling on all summer as I don't think teams will be clambering over each other to get him signed up. Not unless his performances pick up.
The risk with that is will Lenny (pressure from PL) play him to raise his value when he doesn't deserve to be in the team?
If he is to be punted we need to get it done ASAP. Have a sit down with him and ask if he wants a move. If yes ghtf. MD(no cover) and DB (no dough/no cover) are prime examples of us fucking it up.
Its no use to us him moving in the twilight hours of the window. The funds will disappear and be written off come January as they always are.
If he decides to kick about because he wants CL football... Again ghtf.
If we don't make it he may fire in a transfer request and we will no doubt take a bid to soften the £ blow of not making the groups.
The longer this goes on the higher chance of us being down a first 11 player.
My gut is telling me PL would be quite happy for Bitton to take his place and bank the dough.
What a rant! The window isn't even open and listen to that! ?

Ntcham needs to realise, as all players do, that getting the move they want means they have to be good. It’s down to him. He has the ability, it’s his mental attitude that leaves you scratching your head. If we sell him when he’s in a slump that’s not good management of our resources. That’s why we needed an inspirational manager. Shouting and bawling at players like Ntcham isn’t the way.

It’s not Comperr I blame. It’s that useless cunt Rogers for buying him, Hendry, Tolijan and Gamboa. That’s where the ire should be directed. Comperr is not there doing fuck all because he decided to. Rogers couldn’t see a defender if the cunt was teabagging him.
:LOL:

Has lenny been shouting and bawling at the players though? To an unacceptable level anyway.
Its well documented at hibs but he has put out all sorts of media interviews saying he had mellowed.
If he was trying to keep a lid on it after hibs but still going mental at players in training while telling the press he had sorted it out then he is a liar?
Frank McAvennie was at it a while ago saying one player had complained
"BR never shouted at us" if it's 100% true and not a 2nd hand story then maybe it was Ntcham?
His form dropped under BR and got worse under lenny. So he was on the downward spiral with both management styles.
If it's a mentality thing then sorry olivier that's a big part of being a top player at a big club. If he can't get his act together then he isn't the type of player that can do a job for us.

http://celticbynumberscom.ipage.com/why-ntcham-still-matters/

Injury disrupted the second part of Ntcham's season. His performance numbers undoubtedly suffered. But don't write him off yet.
Agree with that and we were seeing glimpses of the ntcham we know in the final league game v hearts. What dissapoints me is hes just not long, signed a long term contract and shortly afterwards he's for sale. Are we giving longer contracts so the club can demand more money when an interested club comes calling? I hope not, I hope ntcham is part of the core group of players PL spoke of. Think he's been unsettled by it all. Tapping up players comes to mind. If we end up selling him for less than the original Porto bid that would be well dissapointing. He might not have returned to form for us yet but he's still always in the French under21s squad if fit.

Have to agree with Duncans comment at the end of the article,dont think he likes a physical battle and he would be more suited to Spanish or Portuguese football were he'll get more time on the ball.
His commitment to a physical battle is questionable at times hes up for it at times not so much. Could say the same of others like Rogic. Forrest has really improved in that department

I'd like him to turn it around. I just donk know if his heart is in it. Broony can't go on playing 50 games a season forever and we really need to nail down players. We need 100% commitment or to move on quickly
I think that £3 million for Turnbull would give us some of that. He is young but so have many of our recent better players, think we should sign him.

Think ntcham is a smooth operator when he’s at himself.

If i was his manager i would find out the reason for being off the boil? Is it fixable?

If so fix it and keep a quality player, we would reap the rewards.

However if Ntcham doesn’t like Scotland or the Scottish game that can’t be fixed and for the benefit of Celtic & the player it would be futile to keep him and beneficial to sell.

Members online

Latest posts

Back