Why We Welcome The Chase.

Humf

On Sunday 12 May 2019, during our second nine in a row, Stevie G’s Rangers beat us two nil at Ibrox after the we had won the league. The talk on Follow Follow that day, was not their win, but Adrian Durham’s next day Talk Sport programme where he would, “ram it down” Celtic’s throat.

Most folk, like me, would not consider Adrian to be ‘sympathetic’ to Celtic and probably viewed him as a bit of a teddy bear. He may or may not be, or maybe he was a canny radio presenter and knew how to ‘wind folk up’. Well for some strange reason I heard him the next day on the Monday and he was correct when he said that, ‘the result meant nothing’. Who would have thought it? And you know what, Adrian was right!! The bears were fizzing!

Very little has changed since 2019!

There’s an ex-Rangers manager, (I think), who said that when Rangers years ago were ahead of Celtic, said, “We welcome the chase”. Well, that analogy doesn’t just belong to Rangers, right now it belongs to us. I want Celtic to win every game, but if that were really the case then the league, technically, would mean nothing! On the law of averages then yesterday could be the best result for us.

Ange is no fool, he knows what’s ahead. I’m not suggesting yesterday was the best that that could have happened to us but we’re still ahead of them. It’s a run in Europe next season as well as the league and like most of us of us, I’m still very confident. They’re piping up Cantwell as a 20 million player to Burnley next season, (not really Rangers fault), but that’s because they can only focus on one or two players, we have a full team to focus on!

We’re odds on to win a treble this season and by a country mile and I would rather be in our shoes than theirs! Let’s be honest, we welcome the chase, not because they are rubbish, but right now we have a better team a better depth and a better manager!

As I suspected, letting them win the last Darby game, has made them back to be world beaters, now they’ve “closed” the gap, they won’t “need” to spend big, watch out for 4 months of we’re coming, Beale has ange’s number, etc etc, incoming free agents, over the hill English players, recovering crock’s and academy players being sign and touted as the £25million players🤡💩

A think I’m in the minority humf?…a don’t welcome any chase from they hun cunts!!a would love nothing better than them going into liquidation out of business,yesterdays reaction by the press and their supporters rips ma knitten…life would be sweeter in a hun free glasgow☘️

Is the gap between Man City and Celtic getting bigger? Of course we are the best team in Scotland but our form will dip from time to time. We need to look to Europe and beyond. We have outgrown Scotland and the SPFL but there are no current options for change. I sense there will be major changes in European football and I welcome our European visitors. We need to prove we are European class this next season. ie coming first or second in the group stage and heading to the next round. That is our Chase. We have left the noisy neighbours in our dust

A think I’m in the minority humf?…a don’t welcome any chase from they hun cunts!!a would love nothing better than them going into liquidation out of business,yesterdays reaction by the press and their supporters rips ma knitten…life would be sweeter in a hun free glasgow☘️
Here was me thinking I was the only one... Welcome aboard ESP... If I ever see another hun it will be to soon...

Members online

Latest posts

Back