Your analysis of the game

I wasn't too impressed with our creativity when we had man advantage. Very lax and Sinclairs lack of ability to get round players is worrying for me.

Thoughts Hayes was much better than Sinclair and was weird sub with so many players struggling for fitness.

Glad to get any win but wasn't overly impressed yet again by our lack of ability to pass the ball with guile in attacking areas.

Sinclair can't do anything with his left foot very often, id rather see him in number 10 hole to see if he has more joy than inside left.

Generally crossing still very poor. played reasonably well until they went extreme counter with 10 and to start with ntcham who hasn't kicked ball in weeks. Tierney also looked off his usual pace.

The ease with which Kent burst into box for goal was alarming.

Thought we got out of jail a little. Think we should have won by more with possession but we rely on mistakes too often to create goals rather than excellent football.

Suspected it would be tight affair but we just look over confident too often when we get goal up instead of getting 2 or 3 goals up.

Thankfully Morelos is thick as mince
Thankfully wee Forrest finished cooly.

Some of our play was pleasing until they get near the box. lack of proper wing play needs sorted. had jack scored with his chance it would have been total disaster.

Can see why Lennon put Sinclair on as counter threat but for me he was dire.

And fact we had Tierney getting booted often with already no 100 percent that s
removal of Hayes was poor sub imo.

Also fact ntcham aint match
fit meant he was always likely to last around an hour at most.

Lack of exciting goalmouth activity always annoys me.

And I would much rather have 2 up front than have number 10 neither misfielding or attacking effectively. especially at home in front of full house.

corners free kicks and generally 40 yard crosses are still very ordinary considering we have some huge guys at set pieces

I would like to see the team change style to proper 442 tactics at least occasionally at home.

Well summed up, TET

Listen a wee word to all celtic bhoys and Ghirls on “the noise”today !whatever your opinion on today’s glorious pumping is?voice it,get it off your chest that’s what this Site is for,but don’t be falling oot just cause you don’t fancy someone else’s take on it,,,,we won!!enjoy it,have a drink of whatever your thing is ,tea,?stella?and gloat like fuck,,peace✌️

Agree with much of what TET says - though I thought Ntcham had a good game considering his long lay off .
Dead right about the subs - didn't want Hayes before the game but he was solid . Sh*t a brick when he took him off at halftime for Sinclair ! Tierney showed signs in first half that he was struggling so drop Hayes back and bring on ...? Burke ?
Rogic sub was a mystery - game at that stage crying out for a pacy forward - ready made for Burke/Weah , but poor decision made by management .

Over the moon that we won INSPITE of everything .

HH

7 games potentially 9 the semi and final, still need to have the likes of Burke and Christie getting a longer rest, Ntcham wee runout, Rogic wee workout, neeed wee Hayes up to speed with Tierney maybe down, so when the dust settles we have used wisely big Joso or Benkovic in for Byotta if his hamstrings gone. So we are doing alright, warriors today. Back to work tommorow savour the moment tonight.

We were all over them up to the sending off and half time. Taking Hayes off ruined it, Sinclair cuts inside too much, narrows the pitch and slows everything down. They were getting no joy down that side as Hayes and Tierney had them pinned back. If he was going to take anyone off it should have been Tierney for Burke
Rogic looked slower than usual and not sharp touch wise so that is another strange substitution.
Overall if that is an audition for the managers job Lenny fluffed it imho. I thought 2nd half we were lucky. But hey no, scum put to the sword today and the league is all but done and dusted. Fuckem?

In summary, Celtic looked good the first half, looking like they were going to dish out a 3 or 4 nil hammering, did not play well for half an hour second and overall luck has gone against you some, and yet Celtic FC still make zombies feel less than and lower than dirt.
It's a station EDDIE

CELTIC FC

Ajer Broony and Eddie brilliant , ntcham played well

subs Sinclair and Rogic were empty jerseys offered nothing and Rogic looked dead on his feet , if Hayes wasn't injured he should have stayed on with KT coming off ,and burke should have been on long before sinclair

Lenny got away with it today,but each week the team selection and subs are getting stranger ,

games won

Agree with much of what TET says - though I thought Ntcham had a good game considering his long lay off .
Dead right about the subs - didn't want Hayes before the game but he was solid . Sh*t a brick when he took him off at halftime for Sinclair ! Tierney showed signs in first half that he was struggling so drop Hayes back and bring on ...? Burke ?
Rogic sub was a mystery - game at that stage crying out for a pacy forward - ready made for Burke/Weah , but poor decision made by management .

Over the moon that we won INSPITE of everything .

HH
I think Ntcham is very good player but just thought he should be coming on later rather than starter when its likely he wouldn't last more than 60 minutes, ties up one of your subs in second half playing someone who aint very match sharp.

But in the ned it worked out, but stumbled over line when it could and maybe should have been much more comfortable, their first attack was a goal and that gave them inpspiration, if their shooting was accurate they could easily have had lead with 10 men.

I wasn't having go at Ntcham, just thought it was weird to stick him straight into the big game when others have been quite good in that role recently and should have been fitter.

Lennon got the result I wanted, so hard to complain, and I hate to complain especially when I actually want him as manager. But that was a win through Tavernier making a really woeful pass when they had actually been looking capable of stealing a win.

It worked out well in end. Just hate when we get too cocky and take foot off gas when we should be ramping up the gears and nailing teams especially with ten men.

I wasn't too impressed with our creativity when we had man advantage. Very lax and Sinclairs lack of ability to get round players is worrying for me.

Thoughts Hayes was much better than Sinclair and was weird sub with so many players struggling for fitness.

Glad to get any win but wasn't overly impressed yet again by our lack of ability to pass the ball with guile in attacking areas.

Sinclair can't do anything with his left foot very often, id rather see him in number 10 hole to see if he has more joy than inside left.

Generally crossing still very poor. played reasonably well until they went extreme counter with 10 and to start with ntcham who hasn't kicked ball in weeks. Tierney also looked off his usual pace.

The ease with which Kent burst into box for goal was alarming.

Thought we got out of jail a little. Think we should have won by more with possession but we rely on mistakes too often to create goals rather than excellent football.

Suspected it would be tight affair but we just look over confident too often when we get goal up instead of getting 2 or 3 goals up.

Thankfully Morelos is thick as mince
Thankfully wee Forrest finished cooly.

Some of our play was pleasing until they get near the box. lack of proper wing play needs sorted. had jack scored with his chance it would have been total disaster.

Can see why Lennon put Sinclair on as counter threat but for me he was dire.

And fact we had Tierney getting booted often with already no 100 percent that s
removal of Hayes was poor sub imo.

Also fact ntcham aint match
fit meant he was always likely to last around an hour at most.

Lack of exciting goalmouth activity always annoys me.

And I would much rather have 2 up front than have number 10 neither misfielding or attacking effectively. especially at home in front of full house.

corners free kicks and generally 40 yard crosses are still very ordinary considering we have some huge guys at set pieces

I would like to see the team change style to proper 442 tactics at least occasionally at home.

Agree with nearly everything TET, but I thought at least 3 corners were almost Moravcic class and no one got on the end of them. 3 points, Championees, Do Zombies feel pain? Ha Ha Ha

Thoughts?

It was like watching a Bomber Brown fever dream! A bizarre game!

Started off brilliantly and looked like it was going to be a case of how many then we completely lost the plot in the 2nd half. The Sinclair substitution was the catalyst I think and we seemed to unravel because of it. Everything started to break down after that and all the good play from the first half evaporated to the point were we looked in serious danger of actually losing but the quick thinking and reactions of McGregor to play the through ball to Eddy after Tavernier's loose pass and the calmness of Eddy and wee Jamsie to get the ball in the net pulled our arses out the fire tbh.

A very strange day and as much as I would've loved to see us give them an absolute pummelling getting the 3 points is just as sweet regardless!

I thought that in the first half we absolutely monstered them and should have got at least another before the break after Eddy's cracking goal. That wee Columbian nyaff did the square root of not a lot before his obligatory tantrum and the only surprise was that Madhun sent him off.
Second half was not so good, I don't know if Hayes had a knock but to take him off and leave KT on when we all knew he was injured was an awful decision. At one nothing up against ten men NFL should have saved him from any risk and moved Hayes back. The team seemed to Labour a bit and, if I'm honest, I could see them getting back into it, then they did, then Tierney went off, then boyata went off and we were down to ten and I thought we'd shot ourselves in the foot, but I didn't reckon on Tav and his hilariously short pass that eventually give us the winner! How Kent stayed on the pitch is a secret that Madhun will only whisper into the ear of his favourite goat, and it was nice to see Halliday 'protecting his peepel' as that scouse twat said at the end. I was never a massive fan of Stevie Me before he ventured into Mordor but now I can't stand the sight of the squeaky voiced, greeting faced dick. Where was I? Oh yeah, all in all happy with the result but we should really have gave them the absolute tanking they and their gibbering hordes so richly deserve. Nighty night bhoys and ghirls, enjoy work tomorrow ??

Agree first half we should have put them away
Totally dominated the game. But the Sending off seemed to affect us more than them.
Second half was poor we let them into it
And why Hayes went off was weird as Sinky cannot defend as KT struggled. And although great to have TR back he was nowhere near Match fit. At the time TR came on we needed pace to stretch them Burke or Weah would have been better. But we got over the line
But some strange decisions and our Fitness
Needs looking at.
On to St Mirren game and another 3 points.

HH ☘️
A wins a win mate don’t care how we get there,,,some crazy decisions way Lenny,,if Hayes wasn’t injured it’s a terrible move to take him off,,,him and kt had candyarse and Tavernier tied up first 45,,sinky too static which stops kt going forward because he blocks things up+kt having to defend on his own might be the reason he’s fecked??and goes aff......then takes a guy that’s not played in weeks off and brings a guy who’s no played in weeks on??burke or timo would have had a party today ,,
Burke should have been on, with The Rangers down to ten men his pace would have destroyed them

Thoughts?
First I was a little surprised at the starting XI lenny picked. I wasn't impressed tbh that sinky was replaced by Hayes as I think sinky always steps up for these games. Though once more a fit jonny Hayes didn't let us down. Secondly, as was the talk of the pub, no Burke, toljan or weah again. So naturally the common opinion was 'is lenny trying to show that he can do it without these players on loan to us ?' Next, i thought we were the better side 1st half but we can play a lot better than that. Also I was dissapointed at the way the ten men came back into it. Always thought starting with ntcham was a risk though again he did well enough. Rogic looked to me like this game came too soon for him. This I believe hindered our sub options as ntcham came off for rogic in the 64th minute. So when KT came off we had no option but to throw on toljan. With 18 minutes left of a frantic at times violent derby I could feel personnally we'd used our subs up early as was the case when boyata who did ok had to go off. Strangely they got better when they went down to ten. Kent can play everyone knows this but I wasn't impressed by how he scored from our defending which was awful at that moment. Stranger still boyata goes off and we up our game. Tbh I'm still unsure on lennys starting XIs not just this game either. That said it's hard to argue with the results , 1 shot on target from sevco speaks volumes. I'm thinking perhaps lenny doesn't know his best XI yet. One thing I do know or believe is that even though they got that equaliser I was never in doubt we'd score again. Also Aberdeen in the semi is going to be a tougher game (hopefully not) they lost to hearts whuch surprised me they had a chance to eat into sevcos lead and failed miserably. To summarise, we were always the better side but not at our best though still good enough to beat them. They were amateurish to say the least falling for the oldest tricks in the book 2 men sent off another will receive at least a two game ban. They lost their discipline, lost players through red cards and lost the league all at the same time. So whilst I'm not sold yet on lennys starting XIs yet hes getting the job done. A tough battle but were stronger resistance is futile 1 Scott Brown HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back