Your fave Celtic player and Why

This is one of those times when I wish I could let my heart rule my head and tell you the impeccable,
person,player,manager,and human being Tommy Burns but we all know Tommy would not want that,so that being the case my choice has to be the great George Connolly..
If you have never seen any videos of George playing you can see him play against Rangers and score a great goal 1969 Scottish cup final,I think he would be about 19..Celtic 4-0..
The reason I chose George was because he was a fantastic cool player who looked as if nothing ever fazed him,,but at the time we did not know George was suffering from depression,I think he finished playing at 25....what a loss to British football..
Thankfully George is still alive today..HH

Got to tread carefully His dad's a HUN
Rory started school last week so I'll be monitoring any HUN bias emerging as it's a non denominational school not a million moles away from Govan but the 1st hint of HUNNERY from him I'll be nipping it in the bud with a good erse kicking ???

HH?

You made me lol there Bill, thanx. Needed that. ☘️??

Bertie Auld,Possil Bhoy,gallus bastart, hard bastart,took no shit from anybody,referees included,if any of our players were being roughhoused, Bertie was there to sort the feckers out! Dec 29th would never have happened if we had Bertie in the team,even at his age! tweet tweet!
Got to agree whit a left peg first saw Bertie before he got transferred about 1960 i was 9years old cried when he went to Birmingham ,hero to me then always my favourite player even with the lions the brains of the team i think that’s my opinion. Remember going to to Scottish cup final in 65 by the way in they days school boys enclosure south stand at Celtic end was 14 then .Bertie ran the show that day and the rest is history

Got to agree whit a left peg first saw Bertie before he got transferred about 1960 i was 9years old cried when he went to Birmingham ,hero to me then always my favourite player even with the lions the brains of the team i think that’s my opinion. Remember going to to Scottish cup final in 65 by the way in they days school boys enclosure south stand at Celtic end was 14 then .Bertie ran the show that day and the rest is history

The original 'Midfield General'

Wiz winching there’s a word fae the past ? a wee burd and her claim tae fame wiz her maw used tae go out with the bold bertie?? wonder why she used tae break into the Celtic song for nae reason ??

Jimmy Mac for me.I remember him as a lad at St.Rochs and watched him on his debut for the hoops.I even followed him to the bankies when he went on loan.Nobody has come close since.

Lenny said he hopes to have 2-3 players in by Tuesday so they can go to Sweden with the squad and get to know each other...this tells me he wants them for next Sunday
Talk is RB and LB Killie boys....if there is a third ??.. Who..??..HH

Not my favourite player but I loved big Bobo
never seen so many long balls and crosses where so many opposition strikers ran away from the ball looking for a knock down from their partner who was at the other side e the park thinking the same thing ,,,,,
Bobo's baw ????

As a player it has to be Henrik for reasons that don't need to be explained obviously! But as a character it has to be Bertie Auld, His enthusiasm for life, his humour, his singing, his love for Celtic, his gallusness! I just love the man!

Some Great players mentioned, But for me Paul mcstay not Only a fantastic footballer but was Committed to the Club in Our darkest moments. Me personally love the loyalty he showed Celtic and what the Club meant to him.Beacon of light in a Era of Darkness. Thank you maestro.HH☘☘☘

Its got to be Jock Stein, because not only did he play for us and went on to become our greatest ever Manager, he done it in spite of the traditional background he was supposed to follow.
What a man.
Not being a cunt here but by his own admission wasn't the greatest player to grace the hoops.the Welsh league where he came from wasn't the greatest was it? Manager immortal..player No.average at best.

Not being a cunt here but by his own admission wasn't the greatest player to grace the hoops.the Welsh league where he came from wasn't the greatest was it? Manager immortal..player No.average at best.
Sorry, but the thread title was 'who was you're FAVE Celtic player' It didn't say ' the greatest' did it?

T o be honest my fave was jinky, cos I met him once and he was a massive player in my youth.

Members online

Latest posts

Back