££s in the Bank or success on the field?..?

Danny Bhoy

Why do we even turn up for these CL games. We have very good idea how it will pan out. We have the money to strengthen the squad with some high profile player. But we nick pick young potential projects hoping to cash in at a later date. I will not be at any of the home games. I refuse to pay out anymore money for it to go into the clubs bank accounts and stay there. That was so bad last night. I changed it over to a film on Netflix half way through the second half.

As ever it’s a balance.
You go out and pay £15m for a player they want £60k a week, salary scales internally then fxxxxx.
But we should be able to get experience eg Mooy who have a bit of class about them.
Mooy sitting alongside Callum would have released Hatate and particularly OReilly to do some damage last night.
You have to look at the big picture imo. It’s Scottish football and there has to be a balance
HH

IMO the teams we play at times in CL ,none of the teams outwith the big guns, i reckon we do not know half of the players names they must be on similiar wages to what we offer yet they turn up and beat us.
I believe there is no competition in scottish football to challenge Celtic, which i believe hampers us as we are lead to play the same systems in europe and teams exploit it. Until our football in Scotland improves then IMO we are fucked.
Nice wee tricks and a false sense of domestic success leads us into a false sense when we come up against new tactics or systems we cannot come to grips with.CL.
Scottish football like we will witness when we play Livingston does nothing to improve our A game. 10 man walls is turgid and dire and i understand it teams have to survive or go bust or languish in lower leagues, but it does not help us going forward.
Celtic need two teams each setup to combat different opposition one domestic and one european, until then we are going to add aquisitions who become dragged into a style of play which leaves us exposed.
We need to become hard to beat away from home or at least become a team that can get draws away even if it means a defensive setup, all we are doing is gifting at times teams that are not much similiar to ourselves, but have a european style about them in these tournaments. Just my opinion.

I think most of us are able to grasp the fact that we have to work within certain constraints when it comes to player recruitment/wages etc .
We're not asking the club to risk spending money we don't have. History has shown that could be suicidal.

However, I think if you look at the value added to our squad by the signings of Jota and CCV. Two first team ready players of decent, if not world class quality. And with the bonus of a sell-on value when the inevitable happens.

Also has to be said, if, as we're led to believe, we are signing prospects on five year deals, and they don't make the grade, we could easily end up top-heavy with players who are quite happy to take a wage without contributing

It's a gamble either way I guess. I just feel we at the very least, would find it easier to move players on if they have even a modest pedigree.

Board want to participate in CL but not compete.
That costs a lot more money than they are willing to spend.
IMO the teams we play at times in CL ,none of the teams outwith the big guns, i reckon we do not know half of the players names they must be on similiar wages to what we offer yet they turn up and beat us.
I believe there is no competition in scottish football to challenge Celtic, which i believe hampers us as we are lead to play the same systems in europe and teams exploit it. Until our football in Scotland improves then IMO we are fucked.
Nice wee tricks and a false sense of domestic success leads us into a false sense when we come up against new tactics or systems we cannot come to grips with.CL.
Scottish football like we will witness when we play Livingston does nothing to improve our A game. 10 man walls is turgid and dire and i understand it teams have to survive or go bust or languish in lower leagues, but it does not help us going forward.
Celtic need two teams each setup to combat different opposition one domestic and one european, until then we are going to add aquisitions who become dragged into a style of play which leaves us exposed.
We need to become hard to beat away from home or at least become a team that can get draws away even if it means a defensive setup, all we are doing is gifting at times teams that are not much similiar to ourselves, but have a european style about them in these tournaments. Just my opinion.

I agree with most of your post.My point is we should be signing better players than they have. Push the boat out a bit more. Spend some of the money lying in the bank account. Speculate to accumulate. That’s all

Why do we even turn up for these CL games. We have very good idea how it will pan out. We have the money to strengthen the squad with some high profile player. But we nick pick young potential projects hoping to cash in at a later date. I will not be at any of the home games. I refuse to pay out anymore money for it to go into the clubs bank accounts and stay there. That was so bad last night. I changed it over to a film on Netflix half way through the second half.
Both out of the question I guess ????? What's the point of money in the bank of we can't attract players with experience ???
Or is it to pay our manager's ( Rhat, used car salesman, smug lying toerag) wages???

What happened to us last night is what you get when you go into CL games with projects and your fingers crossed . The board will show no ambition as long as we are willing to swell their bank balance and bonuses and accept whatever dross they put in front of us. Like the Whites before them they totally abuse and take for granted the loyalty of the fans 😡😡

I agree with most of your post.My point is we should be signing better players than they have. Push the boat out a bit more. Spend some of the money lying in the bank account. Speculate to accumulate. That’s all
I think regardless of who we sign scottish football catches them up, England have a decent squad to pick from at international level, but when you scan them in the domestic level and european level, most of their players are imports as is their managers and they get success.
But some spend astronomical amounts and go into debt to get there. Not gonna happen in CL for scottish clubs, Also i believe every team that enters tournaments should be looking to win it, that is missing across the board,with exceptions of the same CL winners year in out. We are bottom feeders.

To reiterate the point someone made last night
We’re a football club
Every fecking penny that comes into the club is through supporters is given in the basis that they put out the best team they possibly can.
We were lucky to avoid a real doing last night against a very poor opposition.
I’ve seen in the flesh many a drubbing in Europe but the teams we were playing were the top class sides, miles superior to last nights opponents.
In a summer we’ve went back years meanwhile we’re in rude financial health.
We could have done much more in the summer but didn’t
Somebody somewhere made that decision

Rodgers said the team needed a bit of strength added to it and he never got it, there are players that can be brought in without having to spend £20 mill that can bring the experience needed to push the team on. I don't know that the January window will be up to much unless the team are struggling in the league and the automatic spot for the CL is under threat.

Rodgers said the team needed a bit of strength added to it and he never got it, there are players that can be brought in without having to spend £20 mill that can bring the experience needed to push the team on. I don't know that the January window will be up to much unless the team are struggling in the league and the automatic spot for the CL is under threat.
Who are these players?

Do they want to play in Scotland?

Are they actually better than what we have?

If they make Celtic better then maybe they have better offer elsewhere?

Which high profile player can we afford? Does he make a difference last night?

Who are these players?

Do they want to play in Scotland?

Are they actually better than what we have?

If they make Celtic better then maybe they have better offer elsewhere?
Mibbies the club CEO and Liarwell could’ve come out and said we tried to sign this player or that player TET but no when the manager was unveiled we all as a support thought finally they’re taking the CL seriously. But we know now they were talking Pish they were selling the new manager.
Because they knew we were pissed off if it was BR so they sold the support a pup with the usual support from their friends in the Media.
We buy projects hope they become 8 figure sales.
If our current board told me it was Wednesday I’d check the calendar they tell that many porkies.

HH 🍀

I’m always suspicious of a member that only shows up after a bad result, always starts a new thread asking a disparaging questions of the club/board/team, only posted 58 messages in 2years, nothing positive, not even one after that impressive Glasgow derby win, or on the world record 8th treble…….

Bhoys and ghirls I smell a journalist planting stories and ideas….

Keith Jackson?…….

Members online

Latest posts

Back