‘A hymn for the dawn of the free,’ David Potter on our Wonderful Summer Of 1965

Perhaps you can make this a regular feature, WC.

Many of us may have missed the excellent pieces that appear on The Celtic Star and it also provides further exposure for these insights to a different audience.

I, myself - have only just discovered these items recently and they are a welcome distraction from the day-to-day talking points that tend to become a bit repetitive.

I believe in living for the moment, but it means nothing if you don't have historical reference points to connect our current circumstances to.

It was David that did our tour at parkhead.
He is so passionate about Celtic and is very supportive of the museum being opened as he feels sad about all the treasures going back to inception not being on show as there is just not enough room in our trophy room.

(Ooft thats got to sting the sevvies)

He particularly liked telling us about the cup we won from rangers and the many many legal letters that followed for over a decade.

Demanding then begging for it back, a very funny story.

He slagged my for wearing blue to parkead, i had to point out it was cornflower blue and not marching blue.

David was knowledgeable, intelligent, articulate and charismatic.

He has the Bertie Auld Knack of you could literally chat all day long to him and be as engaged at the end as you were st the start.

Bhoys a diamond.

Always ribbing his sevvie mum.

I'll post these more regularly going forward but also suggest that you guys go through the archive on The Celtic Star where you will find plenty of high quality Celtic content just about every day. The site is growing a quite a pace, in May it had well over 200,000 people reading - almost 3 times Celtic Park capacity, while avoiding click-bait too.

Quite proud of it really.

I'll post these more regularly going forward but also suggest that you guys go through the archive on The Celtic Star where you will find plenty of high quality Celtic content just about every day. The site is growing a quite a pace, in May it had well over 200,000 people reading - almost 3 times Celtic Park capacity, while avoiding click-bait too.

Quite proud of it really.
You are quote right to be proud of The Celtic Star - it is a fantastic site. Please share the wonderful articles as you have dome brilliant writers (headed of course by the wonderful David Potter). Keep up the excellent work - we really do appreciate it. ??

Back