“Why I Am Sad This Morning,” David Potter – “It is now time for us to start looking up again”

I'm sad that things have turned out the way they have but I'm not sad to see Lenny go. His departure was long overdue, necessary and inevitable.

Truth is there is no joy to be found in any of this…relief maybe…but certainly no joy because despite what any of us may think of the man, his abilities as a manager, whether he should've walked away earlier etc. he does genuinely care about this club and he will be hurting at how things have turned out. So while I might not be sad to see him go I'm not celebrating it either (and I say that as someone who was utterly opposed to Lenny being given the job in the first place) because there are no winners in this whole sorry mess.

Is Lenny solely at fault for this clusterfuck of a season? Of course not BUT he along with Lawell and that sorry excuse for a board are the chief architects of this monumental shit show (which has been in the making for years) while Kennedy, Strachan and the players most definitely played starring roles in it too so as things stand right now...apart from maybe 3/4 players...I wouldn't be sad to see the majority of them both in the boardroom and the changing room follow Lenny and Lawell oot the door.

Is anyone else tired of the eulogising of figures like Lennon and McCann by people like David Potter who have put themselves forward as fan representatives?

McCann didn't save Celtic. As ever it was us, the real fans, who stepped up to the plate. I didn't line my pockets with millions of pounds for the shares I bought but couldn't afford. But Fergus did. I don't believe he was entitled to profit from the club.

Lennon wasn't Celtic through-and-through enough to resign when our season could be saved, when it was clear his presence was toxic to the vast majority of the support. He's gone now, at the end, when it no longer matters.

These people seem to me to care only about themselves. Let's stop pretending they are heroes.
None of the writers on The Celtic Star speak for anyone but themselves and we have always made that clear. David speaks for himself and himself alone, as indeed does other writers such as Matt Corr, Niall J, Liam Kelly and many more.

When I organised the advertisement to go into the Sunday Herald before our first ever meeting with the new Ibrox club six years ago this was carefully worded, stating that it was a Statement from Celtic Supporters - not a statement from The Celtic Support - we only presumed to speak for those who supported the initiative and crowd funded the advertisement.

Back