2 or 3 new players.

Lubos left peg

Now that the 5 new players needed has been downgraded to 2 or 3 new players, that we wont be paying silly money for, Lennon's (or Lawwels) words.
What positions do you believe we need to strengthen?

I thintk first and foremost a lift back speed merchant then a right back someone who works well with James .then a centre back someone in the mould of mark reiper we our close to that with big ajer but if we can get that rock in place I would be happy.

Now that the 5 new players needed has been downgraded to 2 or 3 new players, that we wont be paying silly money for, Lennon's (or Lawwels) words.
What positions do you believe we need to strengthen?

LB CB STRIKER

Bolingoli isn't defensive enough Not saying he's not a good player At £3.5 mil lhopefully he has something decent in his locker but he's no KT

We also need an out and out CB If Abt Alhamed is playing as RB we need a competent CB Ajer is developing into one but was essentially a midfielder Bitton is also a midfielder who can be utilised as CB but how will he fare against better opposition?
Julien looks the part but Simunovic altbiugh a decent defender is injury prone can't play on AstroTurf and is too erratic in some of his challenges and decision making

Having Griff back is fantastic but along with Eddy we need a 3rd quality striker

Bayo has hardly kicked a ball since he arrived and although goals are being chipped in from all over the pitch we don't want to find ourselves down to just 1 striker as we did at certain points last season Indeed once or twice with NO fit strikers

I think once Mikey Johnston bulks up and develops he'll slot in but I'd like to see Lenny play dual strikers when the circumstances suit

HH?

Really uncomfortable with that backtrack from Lennon, like he was only joking. Sounded like he'd been chided.
With Sinclair staying midfield is just fine until January. It's the defence that needs sorted. When I though Sinclair was off I said 5 players. Now it's 4. Left back first choice. Right back first choice. Centre half. Back up Striker.
Not having Hendry or Bitton having to be counted on in a really big game. One has their confidence shot the other is a deputy centre half at most but a decent midfielder.
We could get by until January without the striker but the 3 defenders are a must for me.
I agree with Gumny and McKenna and try for Meling from Rosenborg for left back.

LB CB STRIKER

Bolingoli isn't defensive enough Not saying he's not a good player At £3.5 mil lhopefully he has something decent in his locker but he's no KT

We also need an out and out CB If Abt Alhamed is playing as RB we need a competent CB Ajer is developing into one but was essentially a midfielder Bitton is also a midfielder who can be utilised as CB but how will he fare against better opposition?
Julien looks the part but Simunovic altbiugh a decent defender is injury prone can't play on AstroTurf and is too erratic in some of his challenges and decision making

Having Griff back is fantastic but along with Eddy we need a 3rd quality striker

Bayo has hardly kicked a ball since he arrived and although goals are being chipped in from all over the pitch we don't want to find ourselves down to just 1 striker as we did at certain points last season Indeed once or twice with NO fit strikers

I think once Mikey Johnston bulks up and develops he'll slot in but I'd like to see Lenny play dual strikers when the circumstances suit

HH?
(y) Spot on

Back