26+6=1 on Celtic doing the right thing re booze and betting brand sponsorships

Can't argue with anything 26 has said here. Unfortunately our board are cut from the same board as sevcos, IMO, if not a little bit smarter....but cash is king. Values and the like don't come into it unfortunately. I mean, what would our founding fathers, who started the club to put food on the table of the poor, have to say about our club voting to not pay our own staff the living wage while taking massive bonuses for themselves?
Until its made illegal, or another sponsor that's isn't booze are gambling, comes forward we are stuck with it. Don't count on our board to do the right thing otherwise.

Personally I've never been a fan of advertising on a club shirt in the 1st place as it devalues the look of it in the 1st place imo.
However it's seen as a valuable income stream upon such a fashionable clothing for many a long year now.
This issue for myself personally is all about putting money ahead of people's welfare.
As someone who had plenty of issues with the addiction to alcohol, would always class addiction as a mental health issue that tends to go unnoticed due to the vast incomes that addiction brings into the economy as such.
Even in the treatment centre gambling within the younger generation was fast overtaking that of alcohol and that within Ireland.
So yes I would be a big supporter of Celtic turning there backs upon companies that unfortunately aid so much in helping destroy so many life's sadly.
Don't hold any of these companies or products responsible for a worldwide problem, just think our club doesn't need to aid them also by accepting blood money either.
Addiction as far as I'm concerned is a mental health issue, and would prefer the club to walk away from such money and promoting the reason as to why more so imo.

Personally I've never been a fan of advertising on a club shirt in the 1st place as it devalues the look of it in the 1st place imo.
However it's seen as a valuable income stream upon such a fashionable clothing for many a long year now.
This issue for myself personally is all about putting money ahead of people's welfare.
As someone who had plenty of issues with the addiction to alcohol, would always class addiction as a mental health issue that tends to go unnoticed due to the vast incomes that addiction brings into the economy as such.
Even in the treatment centre gambling within the younger generation was fast overtaking that of alcohol and that within Ireland.
So yes I would be a big supporter of Celtic turning there backs upon companies that unfortunately aid so much in helping destroy so many life's sadly.
Don't hold any of these companies or products responsible for a worldwide problem, just think our club doesn't need to aid them also by accepting blood money either.
Addiction as far as I'm concerned is a mental health issue, and would prefer the club to walk away from such money and promoting the reason as to why more so imo.
I too don’t like the look of sponsors logo oan the hoops shirts, but I’m a realist and we have to maximise income streams to pay players wages etc, so what can you do, cant be down the millions per year by not having a shirt sponsor, look at the Huns shirts, it’s like a patchwork quilt with hunners o sponsors, some going bust as soon as the put them on there, so desperate as the Huns for anyones shady cash🤷‍♂️

I always buy the top without the sponsor on it nowadays. If that wasn’t an option I wouldn’t buy one. I’m sure I’m not the only person who’s life has been impacted detrimentally by such products. Our club is supposed to be a standard bearer in the sports industry but unfortunately mr diamond is right ‘money talks’ 🎶

Last edited:
I too don’t like the look of sponsors logo oan the hoops shirts, but I’m a realist and we have to maximise income streams to pay players wages etc, so what can you do, cant be down the millions per year by not having a shirt sponsor, look at the Huns shirts, it’s like a patchwork quilt with hunners o sponsors, some going bust as soon as the put them on there, so desperate as the Huns for anyones shady cash🤷‍♂️

It’s a conundrum. Should we only accept revenues generated from “ morally” acceptable sources.
would we accept Saudi money, or Israeli?
You know everyone has a diverse view on what is acceptable, meeting their personal standardsand to be honest I am happy if our club marries commercial reality with its attention to social justice.
I think we do reasonably well as a club and as a support to maintain our founding fathers values and to be honest will leave it to our current custodians to maintain that.
Though we need to be watchful on balance.
HH

I think the issue is more about the companies and the products that they represent.
These companies more likely offer the biggest sponsorship deals as a guess, but would have also thought that there was plenty of other companies that could offer just as good as a deal, especially with the amount of coverage our kits bring in advertising on a worldwide level also.
Thought that the Asian Market could be a very profitable market for us to explore into on sponsorship income imo.

2 simple things you have to remember..(ok four)

I: Advertising works.

2: They wouldn't pay all that money out if they didn't get at least a hundred times more back.

3: Gambling is really addictive and can empty your bank account quicker than a missus with a bad Amazon addiction.

4: Alcohol can be bad for you too. but its not as bad as being a hun.

I always buy the top without the sponsor on it nowadays. If that wasn’t an option I wouldn’t buy one. I’m sure I’m not the only person who’s life has been impacted detrimentally by such products. Our club is supposed to be a standard bearer in the sports industry but unfortunately mr diamond is right ‘money talks’ 🎶
At the school where I work here in Prague, students may wear any football top they wish to wear except those featuring advertizing for alcohol or betting sites.

I’m the same TT , I always buy the top without the sponsors logo. I think it makes the top look a lot better 👍

I’m the same TT , I always buy the top without the sponsors logo. I think it makes the top look a lot better 👍
Im the same, bought the lions 50th anniversary top, couldnt find one without dafabet on it so just steam ironed the shite out of it…it literally peeled off…dont know if this might work on other tops?

Members online

Latest posts

Back