26+6=1 on Celtic doing the right thing re booze and betting brand sponsorships

Could Celtic remove Betting and Boozer Brands from our kits permanently?...

Aye we should be setting an example, here at least, and following suit of countries further down the order than ours.
Celtic would have no shortage of other interested sponsors given the worldwide appeal of the club.
Personally I always prefer to see the hoops with the Celtic foundation logo on it.
100% agree with 26+ and have been saying this for years.
If it's not ok to advertise tobacco then why is alcohol or gambling any better?
It's not.
All 3 have ruined countless lives.
I say this as a smoker and a boozer ( smoking? Hooked , boozing I can take or leave ) .
Of course I understand that the club will maximize revenue always but I'm not convinced that the club have actually ever sought after a better sponsorship representation on our shirts anyway.
If its possible in other countries outside the big 5 leagues its certainly possible in this country, Scotland, which has the highest matchday revenue/attendances per head of population than any other country in Europe

I get what your all saying, but perhaps its the amount of money or profit if you like that allows Alcohol, smoking and gambling companies the revenue to outbid other companies for the most part.

And really if you are waiting on a plc company knocking back the most lucrative offer please dont be holding your breath.

Re Celtic, Adult and youth strips can be purchased without sponsorship (I've done it for yrs). Really the only ways they would knock back a sponsorship deal would be on moral grounds(ha) and it put into the working constitution or if the ruling bodies banned it.

Great idea in theory, but in a land were money is king I'm afraid it wont happen at our club anytime soon.

I never buy taps wi sponsors on them but I don’t buy any gear wi big logos either I don’t like cutting about like a sandwich board but I’m old enough tae remember when the label was on the inside and folk would tell ye if it was sticking out, so I couldn’t care less who sponsors the shirt it I won’t be wearing it and I guess the highest bidder will always win out booze and gambling might not be the most desirable but where do you draw the line if Maccydees was on the shirt I’m sure some veggie wouldn’t be happy or if Morton’s rolls wis on it some gluten intolerant cunt could have a wee moan about it, fitba players don’t come cheap and unless we want to make up the difference on the price of tickets or merchandise I’d let the board do board stuff and keep the money coming in.

Back