3-5-2

67ItHoL

I was a very frustrated supporter of Bitton when he played in centre mid, slowed the game down too much and didn't inspire me at all. Now as one of the 3 centre backs, I like him, I think he fits into that position. However for me it's not Bitton that worries me in a 3-5-2, it's the Wing Backs. In the 1st half today (apart from one header on goal), James Forrest did little to cement his place in a 3-5-2. OK, in the 2nd Half he was a bit more direct and contributed, but was that a case of Lennon telling him at half time, get your shooting boots on Son or your out!!! I don't know.

Another was Greg Taylor, oh I how wish he would just drop the shoulder, knock the ball on and for once just beat a man, alas it wasn't to be. Again in the 2nd half, he was a bit more direct but despite his efforts, he remains a poor man's Keiran Tierney for me.

How do we fix this?

1. Bring Frimpong on for Forrest
2. Bring elHamed back for Taylor

Simple, if we're gonna play Wing Backs, then we need those that have courage, determination
and above all the mentality to strike whenever they get an opportunity.

One final word, I'm in my 62nd year of supporting our Bhoys and you know whenever I see our Bhoys, it never fails me to leave an opinion, but also it never fails me to leave my love and adoration for a Club that's like no other, we are truly blessed, Celtic Supporters, don't just support your Team, live it, love it, cherish it and when you've done all that, pass it on to your Children, Grandchildren and above all else KEEP THE FAITH.

I was a very frustrated supporter of Bitton when he played in centre mid, slowed the game down too much and didn't inspire me at all. Now as one of the 3 centre backs, I like him, I think he fits into that position. However for me it's not Bitton that worries me in a 3-5-2, it's the Wing Backs. In the 1st half today (apart from one header on goal), James Forrest did little to cement his place in a 3-5-2. OK, in the 2nd Half he was a bit more direct and contributed, but was that a case of Lennon telling him at half time, get your shooting boots on Son or your out!!! I don't know.

Another was Greg Taylor, oh I how wish he would just drop the shoulder, knock the ball on and for once just beat a man, alas it wasn't to be. Again in the 2nd half, he was a bit more direct but despite his efforts, he remains a poor man's Keiran Tierney for me.

How do we fix this?

Simple, if we're gonna play Wing Backs, then we need those that have courage, determination

One final word, I'm in my 62nd year of supporting our Bhoys and you know whenever I see our Bhoys, it never fails me to leave an opinion, but also it never fails me to leave my love and adoration for a Club that's like no other, we are truly blessed, Celtic Supporters, don't just support your Team, live it, love it, cherish it and when you've done all that, pass it on to your Children, Grandchildren and above all else KEEP THE FAITH.
Gaun yersel'67ltHoL HH ☘

I like the idea of 3-5-2 but it doesn't suit Forrest or Taylor. If they're playing it needs to be in a 4-4-2 I think. Taylor is a left back and a pretty good one from what I've seen but not a wing back. Forrest is a winger not a wing back, boy cant defend, simple as that.
Bitton has been good in defence, no fannying about just gets the job done, that's what we need. El Hamed will be a great addition when hes fully fit, classy player.
4-4-2 might make the best use of our players just now?

I like the idea of 3-5-2 but it doesn't suit Forrest or Taylor. If they're playing it needs to be in a 4-4-2 I think. Taylor is a left back and a pretty good one from what I've seen but not a wing back. Forrest is a winger not a wing back, boy cant defend, simple as that.
Bitton has been good in defence, no fannying about just gets the job done, that's what we need. El Hamed will be a great addition when hes fully fit, classy player.

the good thing about us just now is our flexibility ...we are not bound to one formation unlike the Rodgers years

the good thing about us just now is our flexibility ...we are not bound to one formation unlike the Rodgers years
Cove Rangers or Barca the snake would play the same formation! Arse.
Next season for Europe I'd like to see us with a strong back 4, most Scottish games the back 3 will be fine.
But I'm glad Lenny has reverted back to having 2 strikers, that's made all the difference this year.

Cove Rangers or Barca the snake would play the same formation! Arse.
Next season for Europe I'd like to see us with a strong back 4, most Scottish games the back 3 will be fine.
But I'm glad Lenny has reverted back to having 2 strikers, that's made all the difference this year.
Always want to see 2 up front at Celtic, especially at home. Europe totally different get that but fuck me the dross in this league, always 2 up front hoops.

Taylor's being asked to play three positions Docco.lb/lm and l/w,i'd move Forrest over to the left, they were developing a great understanding with scotland,KTcould rampage, but he had sinclair backing him up, Taylors got nobody.🍺

I'd play a 3-5-2 formation at Ibrox. We need to win the midfield and Brown Calmac, Christie Rogic and Ncham are a match for anything they put on the pitch but couldn't all be on the pitch at one time. . I'd put on two midfield subs at 60 minutes assuming they replaced players who had already given their all. When we put four goals past them then the shoogly peg is beckoning Slippy to shuffle off.

4-4-2 would be my formation of choice, Hoopy. When it's done properly with the right players, then you have stability in the back line and options up top.

I think Lenny has got himself in a wee bit of a pickle by trying to squeeze his big names into a starting line-up and the current formations mainly let him do that.

In fairness though, I stated that I think Sparky should have been put out on loan in January and that Jamesie should take a seat for a couple of games. I also said to friends that it looked like Broony was towing a caravan, so going with my track record, I'd pack Fra' back off to Southampton, give Eddy a free transfer, punt Corpus to Aberdeen and bring back Carlton Cole.

How do we fix this?

I'll bet he's a half decent goalie as well.

How do we fix this?

When he got a run in the mid under Ronnie, the whole team were a bit one-paced and sideways thinking.

I don't blame Ronnie, he just didn't realise the expectations of Celtic fans and was used to a different attitude to football.

The first signs of big Nir having a bit about him was in the first 5-1 game against the huns. He was sharp in the tackle. His passing was on point and he looked top quality. He picked up a knock soon after and then had that viral thing. Glad to see he's making a mark now though.

Football irony: at the start of the season, when we played a back four, Boli played just ok and everyone said, "Give him time - he's a wing-back, not a full-back." Now we're playing a back three, Taylor is playing just ok and everyone is saying, "Give him a chance - he's a full-back, not a wing-back." Horses for courses?

On the other side... I'd play Frimpong next week. I love Forrest - in ten years time we'll talk about him as the most effective Celtic winger of his era - but he's not optimal in this formation.

I think the 3-5-2 formation/experiment has been devised to slay the Zombies twice before the end of the season. In both of these fixtures, we need to win the midfield, knock the life out of them, before we think about stretching them with subs like Forrest.

The match on Saturday is a 6 pointer in that after the game we will be on a 10 point lead if we lose and a 16 point lead when we win. The opposition know that to keep their job then they have to win. We have to close them down and win the midfield. It's a simple game. If we score more goals than them then we win. If we play the way we did yesterday then I'm very confident of a great result.

3-5-2 you’re trading griff for Elyounoussi, who was playing well before his injury. I don’t think he’s quite ready to be starting at ibrox. It also has Forrest playing as a wingback, which he can do, but I think he’s better at just being a winger/LF. Christie hasn’t been his usual self since his op, he brought a lot of energy to the team. I don’t think Lennon has necessarily worked towards playing this formation, despite his comments about Oneil days, I think it’s more so injuries have forced his hand. You would’ve have brought Elyounoussi in to play in a 3-5-2.

the midfield is definitely where we’ve struggled past 2 games. Like a comment above, I think brown is struggling just now. I’ve seen him written off and come back better numerous times, but I think it really is coming to that time. He’ll captain 10IAR though I’m sure.

frimpomg hasnt dome much since his injury either. We’ve coped with a lot of injuries this season. I think Elhamed, if he’s fully fit, will be a big difference this weekend. I think he’s a class player.

can we no just play 4-5-2??

3-5-2 you’re trading griff for Elyounoussi, who was playing well before his injury. I don’t think he’s quite ready to be starting at ibrox. It also has Forrest playing as a wingback, which he can do, but I think he’s better at just being a winger/LF. Christie hasn’t been his usual self since his op, he brought a lot of energy to the team. I don’t think Lennon has necessarily worked towards playing this formation, despite his comments about Oneil days, I think it’s more so injuries have forced his hand. You would’ve have brought Elyounoussi in to play in a 3-5-2.

the midfield is definitely where we’ve struggled past 2 games. Like a comment above, I think brown is struggling just now. I’ve seen him written off and come back better numerous times, but I think it really is coming to that time. He’ll captain 10IAR though I’m sure.

frimpomg hasnt dome much since his injury either. We’ve coped with a lot of injuries this season. I think Elhamed, if he’s fully fit, will be a big difference this weekend. I think he’s a class player.

Ah've been sayin' for years cheezy, 4-5-2 is the way to go,we're visionary's pal HH🍺

Ach, cheezy, we've done them wie 10 and we can do so again.

Broony goes kamikaze on Kunt in the first 5 minutes and then let the natural order take it's course.

Members online

Latest posts

Back