3 or 4 defenders away to Copenhagen?

Winter

We have won every game since returning from Dubai when weve employed 3 at the back , Copenhagen are no mugs our experience tells us that, should we revert to a back 4 for the away leg or stick with 3 at the back ? Frimpong might be ready but might not hopefully he is

Over the last 8 weeks and before, it was clear to most of us we needed another CB. for no other reason than providing cover for loss of form and injuries.

Ajer for me has been poor defensively for too long. Without any real pressure coming from the bench has seen him played when a rest is required. We didn't get a CB, not a cunt, or their aunty was surprised although we all knew it was a mistake. I thought Ajer was woeful defensively yesterday. His inability to tackle with his left foot has cost us a few times. He lost his man by making the wrong decision and only helped the ball get to Taylor.

Another area of concern is relying on Hayes, who too was fucking woeful and his crossing for a natural winger was way, way, beyond embarressing. Boli is another failed signing so everytime Taylor is injured we have to bring in Hayes. Not good enough.

So going into this game with the bare bones of a defence is the main worry for me. If Hatem is fit he needs to come in, even at CB as to me he is a better defender than Ajer and fucking light years ahead of Hayes.

We should have brought in a CB, but once again the do fuck all but hope board have out us on the back foot. I was going to say we need to sort this in the summer, but, what a fucking waste of time that would be.

Still hopeful of us giving ourselves a great chance to progress, but, yet again, defence us out weakness and doing fuck all to help that for the better was ignored by our Blazer wearing shitebags.

Over the last 8 weeks and before, it was clear to most of us we needed another CB. for no other reason than providing cover for loss of form and injuries.

Ajer for me has been poor defensively for too long. Without any real pressure coming from the bench has seen him played when a rest is required. We didn't get a CB, not a cunt, or their aunty was surprised although we all knew it was a mistake. I thought Ajer was woeful defensively yesterday. His inability to tackle with his left foot has cost us a few times. He lost his man by making the wrong decision and only helped the ball get to Taylor.

Another area of concern is relying on Hayes, who too was fucking woeful and his crossing for a natural winger was way, way, beyond embarressing. Boli is another failed signing so everytime Taylor is injured we have to bring in Hayes. Not good enough.

So going into this game with the bare bones of a defence is the main worry for me. If Hatem is fit he needs to come in, even at CB as to me he is a better defender than Ajer and fucking light years ahead of Hayes.

We should have brought in a CB, but once again the do fuck all but hope board have out us on the back foot. I was going to say we need to sort this in the summer, but, what a fucking waste of time that would be.

Still hopeful of us giving ourselves a great chance to progress, but, yet again, defence us out weakness and doing fuck all to help that for the better was ignored by our Blazer wearing shitebags.
Frimpong probably will be fit for Copenhagen another option and Welsh

Last edited:
Don't think taylor or ping pong will be playing in the away game , it will be a shuffle of Hatem or Jozo with Bitton squeezed somewhere
We'll be going with experience over bombscare

Boli will never play an important game again if someone else, no matter how poor, is available. He has been a complete failure as a LB. We paid £3.5m, add in four years wasted wages we are hitting circa £7m down the fucking drain by going cheap. How anybody could have watched him and thought he was good worries me greatly. In his YouTube clips, Michael and I discussed how it contained next to fuck all defending. We now know why. He can't.

Hatem is a warrior and also an excellent player. I hope he comes in. Just need to wait and see.

In the summer, we need to get rid of Boli for probably buttons, but it's worth it. Hayes will move on and shouldn't be anywhere near the defence and only is because Boli is fucking murder. Taylor isn't the finished article either, although he has come on, was pish again yesterday before he went off so, unless we have a player already there we need two left backs, one ready to go straight in. Taylor is now in a position that those waiting to take his place aren't anywhere near good enough. So literally no pressure on him either. Not good enough for a club like ours.

Hatem in though for me Thursday. But he won't be. That I am sure of.

Had written an article for TCS around the back 3 back 4 argument earlier. I don't think it maters now we have some real flexibility to change it up during games.
3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 (even 4-3-3) seem to be systems we intend to slip between, game to game and even during matches. I like the idea of removing ourselves from the rigidity of one formation. Looks like we used the Dubai break to work on it.
At the moment I think we are a little hamstrung by personnel. We have enough to play both back 4 systems ar even a diamond (though I dislike the narrowness of that system) but our weak link is having to play a 3-5-2 and without a left footed centre half in the squad and preferably one who can be a competent left back in a back four also.
We (just) about get away with it against teams more worried we'll counter attck on them and rarely gamble to test our backline much but as we progress in Europe you can be guranteed if we play a 3-5-2 Ajer will be targeted.
I'd like Ajer alternating beween the right sided centre half in a 3 or right back when we have to change to a back 4 during a game as need dictates. I feel he'll try manfully on the other side but he shouldn't have to.
I'd hope we will look to remedy that in the transfer window. In fact if we sold no-one I'd be happy with the two loanboys signed up from Southampton and one left sided centre half capable of playing full back as Ajer can on the other side.

I feel for Ajer. He can just about get away with it as part of two central defenders but when we play a back 3 he sticks out like a sore thumb on the left.

Had written an article for TCS around the back 3 back 4 argument earlier. I don't think it maters now we have some real flexibility to change it up during games.
3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 (even 4-3-3) seem to be systems we intend to slip between, game to game and even during matches. I like the idea of removing ourselves from the rigidity of one formation. Looks like we used the Dubai break to work on it.
At the moment I think we are a little hamstrung by personnel. We have enough to play both back 4 systems ar even a diamond (though I dislike the narrowness of that system) but our weak link is having to play a 3-5-2 and without a left footed centre half in the squad and preferably one who can be a competent left back in a back four also.
We (just) about get away with it against teams more worried we'll counter attck on them and rarely gamble to test our backline much but as we progress in Europe you can be guranteed if we play a 3-5-2 Ajer will be targeted.
I'd like Ajer alternating beween the right sided centre half in a 3 or right back when we have to change to a back 4 during a game as need dictates. I feel he'll try manfully on the other side but he shouldn't have to.
I'd hope we will look to remedy that in the transfer window. In fact if we sold no-one I'd be happy with the two loanboys signed up from Southampton and one left sided centre half capable of playing full back as Ajer can on the other side.
Aye Niall, big Ajer struggles a bit playin on the left,when he shows a player to the outside,he can't tackle with his left foot, and end's up lunging in across the player with his right definitely a weakness, much more assured on the right, having said that, seen him playing on the left for Norway. HH

Aye Niall, big Ajer struggles a bit playin on the left,when he shows a player to the outside,he can't tackle with his left foot, and end's up lunging in across the player with his right definitely a weakness, much more assured on the right, having said that, seen him playing on the left for Norway. HH
I think in a flat back four he gets away with it as the full back is closer to him and less room for obvious errors. He's really exposed out there in a 3. Cracking player when we use him properly. Wouldn't hang him out to dry when he's having to take one for the team at the moment-a new summer signing would help him and he can go back to the right.

I'd be happy with a tennis style 2 challenges a half or something. Just let it flow. You must feel like you can't even celebrate properly. That hurst the atmosphere and the whole point of the game. Bin it. (y)
If they brought in" was the player trying to seek an unfair advantage" it would do away with the forensic analysis of in particular, those offside decisions,that one against Wolves,when part of his heel was offside and Pukki, when his hair was offside? he's phuqin baldy!!!!! mutter, mutter, nae wonder ah drink! stand by for some diabolicals on thursday!

Members online

Latest posts

Back