A LETTER FROM AMERICA.

Jist spotted this great read from the Celtic news now page,cheers Larry! ☘

https://thecelticstar.com/frimpong-...ckons-celtics-american-blogger-larry-cafiero/
Thanks for sharing a good read from Larry. I'm loving Frimpong too but it's a wee bit too early for the Jinky comparisons IMO. There is undoubtedly a lot of skill & potential and he seems to be thriving already. Hope he turns into a huge star for us but let's not overhype him and pile too much pressure onto the youngster yet.

Jinky's royalty, in fact they're a bunch of wanks so he's way better than that.
Frimpong has been fantastic and an absolute bargain. Id compare him more to a Patrick Roberts replacement albeit at right back and that's still my dilemma, is he really a defender?
If jamesy can play on the left I'd push wee Frimpong up to right wing and have Elhamed at right back, shite then where does Elyonoussi go? We have too much talent! 😹

Jinky's royalty, in fact they're a bunch of wanks so he's way better than that.
Frimpong has been fantastic and an absolute bargain. Id compare him more to a Patrick Roberts replacement albeit at right back and that's still my dilemma, is he really a defender?
If jamesy can play on the left I'd push wee Frimpong up to right wing and have Elhamed at right back, shite then where does Elyonoussi go? We have too much talent! 😹
Ye didnae really think that through Hoopy, did ye!!!!! 😹

Thanks for sharing a good read from Larry. I'm loving Frimpong too but it's a wee bit too early for the Jinky comparisons IMO.

I don't know, Bridie. I don't know if Frimpong will have the career that Jinky had (and I actually hope he does, especially if it's with us), but if you watch his play and you watch old videos of Jinky, the moves are pretty similar. It's really something you can't teach -- both those guys were born to turn ankles on defenders trying to guard them.

That, essentially, was my point. And I'm sticking with it :D

Think yer man that wrote this got a wee bity carried away!! No doubt the wee fella is special but until he plays against some half decent teams and performs regularly against them, then and only then can he be judged or even compared to anyone..he is a belter though

Back