A LETTER FROM AMERICA.

Minor detail: I just realized that the link to the original blog in The Celtic Star article is a little wonky and could be throwing up an error message about an unsafe site. Let me assure you that the site is safe, unless maybe you're a Sevco fan, and I am sure the link will be fixed on the Star article thanks to a panicky email I sent several minutes ago (thanks, Cap!).

Anyway, the link to the original site is here:

Aye but he canny shoot, (copyright the Broonie).

Wee mhan is gonna be a star imho, and watching him rip the p oot the livvy chib men on Sat was a joy.

Its a pity he cant play against the French as their defenders tended to dive in against us in the first game, with a fair minded ref he might have got us 4 penalties, ach dont be daft
50 naebody gets 4 pens in one game,,,,o wait 😂😂😂😉

I don't know, Bridie. I don't know if Frimpong will have the career that Jinky had (and I actually hope he does, especially if it's with us), but if you watch his play and you watch old videos of Jinky, the moves are pretty similar. It's really something you can't teach -- both those guys were born to turn ankles on defenders trying to guard them.

That, essentially, was my point. And I'm sticking with it :D
I hope you are right Larry - he does look like an exceptional talent. I suspect like Jinky this isn't all down to natural ability, but comes from thousands of hours as a youngster practising, practising, practising with a ball at his feet.

He has played about half a dozen games and been man of the match or received rave notices after nearly every game, so has started even stronger and quicker than anyone believed possible, which shows a mental toughness as well as a lot of skill.

I am just wary about over-hyping him far too early. Over the years us Celtic fans have seen so many youngsters who found being tagged "The Next ..." as a burden rather than an inspiration, including Simon Donnelly, Gerry Creaney, Tony Watt, Liam Miller, Mark Burchill, etc, etc. It wasn't due to a lack of talent that we never saw them reach their full potential at Celtic.

He is special though, so I would be delighted if he became a legend for us but I don't want to jinx him. :D(y)

I am just wary about over-hyping him far too early. Over the years us Celtic fans have seen so many youngsters who found being tagged "The Next ..." as a burden rather than an inspiration, including Simon Donnelly, Gerry Creaney, Tony Watt, Liam Miller, Mark Burchill, etc, etc. It wasn't due to a lack of talent that we never saw them reach their full potential at Celtic.

Agreed. I will grant you that, Bridie, and God forbid I should jinx the young lad for making the comparison.

Last edited:
Agreed. I will grant you that, Bridie, and God forbid I should jinx the young lad for making the comparison.
Great article Larry and I actually agree on the comparisons on style believe it or not! the balance and the drop of the shoulder is rather similar and I am in no way scared that he'll buckle under the hype. He seems so driven focused and determined on top of the talent. This is just the beginning.
Nice plug for UGFC in your last piece Larry (y)

Feck aff! I was trying to think outside the box and ended up boxing myself in! 😹
Only two Boaxes Oan here Hoopy yill need somewhere else to think ootside o 🤣.
but I think Frimpong is the real deal.
and some of his turns as I said earlier are Jinkyesque. I too would push him up and
have Elhamed at RB.
oh Hoopy try thinking ootside the litter tray
Might smell o 💩 but it’ll clear your head
😱👀

HH 🍀

Does anyone know if wee Frimpong had leg issues when he was a kid?
I've seen a few photos where his legs look really bowed, might be an optical illusion but I don't think so.
Sometimes these things can work in your favour, Garrincha the great Brazilian had one leg much shorter than the other and he was some dribbler!

I've seen a few photos where his legs look really bowed, might be an optical illusion but I don't think so.
Sometimes these things can work in your favour, Garrincha the great Brazilian had one leg much shorter than the other and he was some dribbler!
Aye but his misses left him cause she ran out of hankies and his tops were soaking.

HH 😂

Bobby Lennox bow legged only thing un-natrual was his fecking pace, the buzz bomb.

Last edited:
I am sure wee Jinky has been waiting patiently for someone to lift the weight of his shoulders as like all the greats they are merely supporters like us first and foremost and wish to see more records been broken and personal records surpassed.
RIP Jinky J
Cheers Boab it’s pushing down wi rain at work
And now it’s raining tears for the Genius that was Mr Johnstone. Always gets me Always will HH Jinky

HH 👏

Great article Larry and I actually agree on the comparisons on style believe it or not! the balance and the drop of the shoulder is rather similar and I am in no way scared that he'll buckle under the hype. He seems so driven focused and determined on top of the talent. This is just the beginning.
Nice plug for UGFC in your last piece Larry (y)

Thanks, Niall! Also, for those who want to read the post about United Glasgow FC that Niall is referring to, it's here:

(Yes, that's today's shameless self-promotion.... )

Back