A message for Macca

Vigobhoy

Whilst I respect Frank MacAvenny for what he did whilst he was at Celtic I want to tell him to Fuck right Off with his drivel about Bolingoli. Frank reckons that he is the best Left Back at Celtic. My memory is clear and it has nothing to do with Covid. He was an absolute bombscare EVERY TIME he played for Celtic. He does not have the brains to be a player at Celtic.
EVERY time he bolted forward and encountered the first defender he turned the ball over and forgot he was a defender and left that to somebody behind him. The spaces he left offered attacking wingers a gift in every game. He was sooo bad we thought he might make a better wing back, but he could not beat a man so offered nothing in an attacking sense.....Pity his absence has affected the memories of guys like Frank McAvenny. Sooner Boli and Ajeti are gone the sooner we can forget about how much money they are stealing in wages.

Oh and congratulations to Fran Alonso today.

Last edited:
Agreed Vigo, Frank talks some amount of pish at times, Bolingoli is a shocking left back, no positional sense, fairly useless at delivering into the box and on the odd occasion when he was in the right position to defend he was shite at that too! No redeeming features whatsoever get rid of him ASAP.

Whilst I respect Frank MacAvenny for what he did whilst he was at Celtic I want to tell him to Fuck right Off with his drivel about Bolingoli. Frank reckons that he is the best Left Back at Celtic. My memory is clear and it has nothing to do with Covid. He was an absolute bombscare EVERT TIME he played for Celtic. He does not have the brains to be a player at Celtic.
EVERY time he bolted forward and encountered the first defender he turned the ball over and forgot he was a defender and left that to somebody behind him. The spaces he left offered attacking wingers a gift in every game. He was sooo bad we thought he might make a better wing back, but he could not beat a man so offered nothing in an attacking sense.....Pity his absence has affected the memories of guys like Frank McAvenny. Sooner Boli and Ajeti are gone the sooner we can forget about how much money they are stealing in wages.

Oh and congratulations to Fran Alonso today.
Franks trying desperately to get a payday way sky or bt sport,knows the way in is slag,nitpick,dig celtic at every turn!.,

Franks trying desperately to get a payday way sky or bt sport,knows the way in is slag,nitpick,dig celtic at every turn!.,
It seems that as soon as ex-players start to get a bit hard up and less of a "star" they then Start to think they have the right to criticise the current squad /team and as you say the ones who are not exactly the sharpest tacks in the box can only be critical as they don't have the brains to be constructive, at least with Sutton and big John they are mainly positive about the club, and when they are critical it's at least constructive. I really do wish that someone at the club would at least have the stones to tell the likes of Mcavennie, Nicholas and Commons to FUCK Off. HH.

Frank is a good friend of mine.he has as much Celtic in his blood as you or me ..if he thinks Boli is our best left back then that's his opinion.thats all.. Calling him a soup taker etc. is a disgrace.. he's anything but.....you can't compare him to cunts like Nicholas, walker,Provan, commons et al......get a grip FFS

Last edited:
Frank is a good friend of mine.he has as much Celtic in his blood as you or me ..if he thinks Boli is our best left back then that's his opinion.thats all.. Calling him a soup taker etc. is a disgrace.. he's anything but.....you can't compare him to cunts like Nicholas, walker,Provan, commons et al......get a grip FFS
I don't have a problem with Frank as a Celtic man. It is just that his 'opinion' carries a bit of weight as he is an ex player and a pundit of sorts and as such he is open to criticism, particularly when it is so very wide of the mark.

I don't have a problem with Frank as a Celtic man. It is just that his 'opinion' carries a bit of weight as he is an ex player and as such he is open to criticism, particularly when it is so very wide of the mark.

In your and others opinions....he's getting paid for his and it differs to yours ...fair enough right??
But to blatantly make assumptions that he is a media whore like walker or Provan is a disgrace and insulting to the guy

In your and others opinions....he's getting paid for his and it differs to yours ...fair enough right??
But to blatantly make assumptions that he is a media whore like walker or Provan is a disgrace and insulting to the guy
Step away from the bottle Docco. I said nothing about him being a media whore (your words) Get your facts staright. I also made no assumptions.

Step away from the bottle Docco. I said nothing about him being a media whore (your words) Get your facts staright. I also made no assumptions.

I never said you did...I was replying to the thread in general...read the other comments chief 👍

I dont subscribe to the soup taker stuff in most cases. I do disagree with a lot of comments by ex Celtic players but I dint dislike them for doing a job

Pundits are asked and give answers
If people asked my opinion and I gave it, right or wrong, doesn’t make me anymore or less of a Celtic man. Same with them.
Nobody asks me right enough

can’t go Walker but that’s just cos he is an arrogant prick who clearly has a chip on his shoulder from his last spell at Celtic. It’s oozing out of every pore.

I dont get the thing with Davie Provan either.
I like his column, read for free online every week and I’d rather him than most other co commentators. Davie’s been calling this board out fir as long as anyone on ambition and lack of investment. He’s spot on.
Ps I’m not his agent either

Nice to see you back Hoopy. You have been missed.
Thanks Vigo, I wouldn't put that to a vote though! 😹
I'll read most of the ex Celtic players columns/views. Can't say I've got much time for Walker. Charlie Nick and Macca fall into the same boat for me, I don't despute that they are "Celtic Men" but I have my doubts if they actually watch the current team, Macca claiming Bolingoli is our best LB is testament to that theory. They get paid for talking about Celtic, informed or not, fair play to them.
I don't have a problem with Proven, think he's a fairly honest pundit.
Big John and Sutton are in a league of their own, genuinely honest and say it as it is, 100% Celtic men but not cheerleaders.
I've watched a few games on hun TV this season, fuck me talk about cheerleaders! A studs up tackle just below the neck - "Alfredo is showing his strength there Clive!"

No worries...just raging that folk are giving a good Celtic man a hard time comparing him to genuine soup takers
Docco, well done for having your mate's back
I enjoy hearing Frank's stories, but as in life, some things are said and not everyone agrees
I have some friends at professional level in the SPFL, and I sometimes feel the blood pressure start to rise, when people start saying things about them, that simply aren't true, but I understand it's an emotional connection to the club that instigates it
As you say, it's opinions and emotions running high, when talking about our beloved club
I can't afford to rise to things said online, but as you say, you know the man personally, and he did a number for us, back in the day
Hope everyone on the noise, enjoys a great week

HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back