A message for Macca

Goes without saying, I'm not a pundit ! However, I am something of a pain in the arse. You see, I have opinions, and I love to bounce them off my fellow worshippers.
A couple of years back,
I dabbled with posting on another forum. I think it might be true to say it's probably one of the more populated Celtic talking shops.
Everything was hunkydory as far as the majority of Hoops addicts were concerned. We were winning titles and cups with relative ease. Living the dream we were !
However, I voiced my concerns about the direction the club was taking. I think I said something along the lines of us lacking genuine ambition, and being prepared to accept just finishing at the top of the pile in what for me was a very poor league, was holding us back as a club.
The reaction ? I was cast as the token lurking hun. You know that sticks and stones mantra ? Well, it's a load of guano, believe me, THAT hurt !
So, as far as our ex-players criticising the club goes, I've absolutely no problem with it. I quite often scratch my head and think....what the f...is he talking about. I just happen not to agree with them. Just like my fellow Hoops supporters on the other forum probably thought I was talking nonsense.
Just a wee PS to this rather long story. Andy Walker is the ONLY pundit I've heard stating the FACT that sevco IS a new club while he was on air . Don't know why it should, but it takes guts to do that.

Goes without saying, I'm not a pundit ! However, I am something of a pain in the arse. You see, I have opinions, and I love to bounce them off my fellow worshippers.
A couple of years back,
I dabbled with posting on another forum. I think it might be true to say it's probably one of the more populated Celtic talking shops.
Everything was hunkydory as far as the majority of Hoops addicts were concerned. We were winning titles and cups with relative ease. Living the dream we were !
However, I voiced my concerns about the direction the club was taking. I think I said something along the lines of us lacking genuine ambition, and being prepared to accept just finishing at the top of the pile in what for me was a very poor league, was holding us back as a club.
The reaction ? I was cast as the token lurking hun. You know that sticks and stones mantra ? Well, it's a load of guano, believe me, THAT hurt !
So, as far as our ex-players criticising the club goes, I've absolutely no problem with it. I quite often scratch my head and think....what the f...is he talking about. I just happen not to agree with them. Just like my fellow Hoops supporters on the other forum probably thought I was talking nonsense.
Just a wee PS to this rather long story. Andy Walker is the ONLY pundit I've heard stating the FACT that sevco IS a new club while he was on air . Don't know why it should, but it takes guts to do that.
I feel that one of the things that pisses off a lot of the support is that they feel like the ex-players who now are some of the biggest critics where mainly seen as heroes from the past and that they now seem to only speak out negatively about the club, it seems to a lot of us that they have turned on the club and as such have turned on us too. We love the things that they did for us and the club, but now it seems that they are feeding at the same trough as the sms. People like Walker And Provan have been doing this for years alongside Nicholas, but now we have the likes of Commons and even NFL, sniping away, so when Macca starts to pipe away he is seen in a less than favourable light. To the majority of supporters we would prefer to remember our ex-players fondly but as it seems they cannot resist the lure of the sms, and perhaps the massaging of their egos then we shall have to put up with them. I would still prefer it if the club, publicly stated its position on ex-players who slag the club. Freedom of speach is a pain in the ass. HH

Frank is a good friend of mine.he has as much Celtic in his blood as you or me ..if he thinks Boli is our best left back then that's his opinion.thats all.. Calling him a soup taker etc. is a disgrace.. he's anything but.....you can't compare him to cunts like Nicholas, walker,Provan, commons et al......get a grip FFS
I’ll take you at your word Docco but the evidence we’re getting on the Media here tells another Story he’s saying some strange stuff here so much so I can’t remember the last positive thing he’s had to say. Unlike his comments about The Snake.
Hence the soup comments.
It’s easy to be critical especially when a disappointing result like Saturday happens
But if your a former player and you know how difficult it is to win Leagues and Cups and play in Europe you tailor the criticism to help the club you supported as a Bhoy
Not to help an obvious media agenda against our club that is a constant and daily Occurrence. Hence the comparisons between Hartson and Sutton criticise yes kick the 💩out off nope.

HH 🍀

I apologise for being a bit over zealous in my defence of the man but these articles are edited to fuck To create a sensation...happened often To Cesar when he worked for a newspaper column...I would say that Frank doesn't possess the same "arrogance" (in a good way) that Sutton or Hartson have...he will probably be the first to tell you that he's not the most media savvy person in the world....some of the shit that has happened to him over the years with bad advice and terrible agents is unreal.....turning up at rounds of golf only to find his playing partners "won a round of golf with him" at a sports dinner raffle.....turning up at Sports dinners where he thought he was just attending to find out that he was the main speaker and guest of honour...stuff like that...folk making a penny off his name behind his back....he might be a lot of things but soup taker he is not 👍😎

I apologise for being a bit over zealous in my defence of the man but these articles are edited to fuck To create a sensation...happened often To Cesar when he worked for a newspaper column...I would say that Frank doesn't possess the same "arrogance" (in a good way) that Sutton or Hartson have...he will probably be the first to tell you that he's not the most media savvy person in the world....some of the shit that has happened to him over the years with bad advice and terrible agents is unreal.....turning up at rounds of golf only to find his playing partners "won a round of golf with him" at a sports dinner raffle.....turning up at Sports dinners where he thought he was just attending to find out that he was the main speaker and guest of honour...stuff like that...folk making a penny off his name behind his back....he might be a lot of things but soup taker he is not 👍😎
Nope your defending someone you know
And your probably right the Press hate us and it’s easy to Massage the Message
And it’s easy to put everyone in the same
Camp.
And just as easy to believe these hunlovingcnuts
👏👏

HH 👏.

Nope your defending someone you know
And your probably right the Press hate us and it’s easy to Massage the Message
And it’s easy to put everyone in the same
Camp.
And just as easy to believe these hunlovingcnuts
👏👏

HH 👏.
That's another thing that some of us don't understand, we know the smsm has an agenda when it comes to Celtic, so as an ex-celt why would you want to speak to them in the first place? If you aren't aware of their agenda, then surely it is possible for you to not comment on the club/team. Ex-players seem to think that their opinions are much more valuable than ours, and in the case of someone like Macca, I have to disagree. The smsm have always been able to find an ex-pro who can be nudged into giving an opinion. Nowadays with the amount of online information and comment the bottom-feeders that is the smsm are only too happy to stroke an ego if it gets them a headline. It really is down to the club to make sure it is protecting and defending it reputation and make it very clear that we won't be standing by and letting the smsm away with any lies or misstruths. HH

That's another thing that some of us don't understand, we know the smsm has an agenda when it comes to Celtic, so as an ex-celt why would you want to speak to them in the first place? If you aren't aware of their agenda, then surely it is possible for you to not comment on the club/team. Ex-players seem to think that their opinions are much more valuable than ours, and in the case of someone like Macca, I have to disagree. The smsm have always been able to find an ex-pro who can be nudged into giving an opinion. Nowadays with the amount of online information and comment the bottom-feeders that is the smsm are only too happy to stroke an ego if it gets them a headline. It really is down to the club to make sure it is protecting and defending it reputation and make it very clear that we won't be standing by and letting the smsm away with any lies or misstruths. HH
If you an ex Celtic player that’s scratching yir arse, wondering where the next line o coke coming fae, or who’s paying the next bill and a hun leaning rag approach’s you to put yir name to a ready written article fur 500 notes, yid say aye, quicker than a gough running oot a public toilet when the cops come in 🤣🤣

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back