A sensible perspective?

Oniel motly played 352 or 343 with us imo

with real quality delivery from wings into front 2 or 3

when i used to go to games in top tier i lost count of the amount of times id be staring across the city above main stand only to miss yet another goal

Mon for me was good man manger and good at direct hoof football and just so happened to have some top top players to execute it right to euro final

But 442 was rare imo and usually only against advocaat

if clarke had sutton larsson and hartson to pick every game i think you would see the same style better in scotland

try playing mon tactics with scotland squad and you will probably find he jacks it coz he only wants players who can do it at top levels

clark much better than mon imo coz he can get best out of mediocre players

mon could only get best out of top players

but both play direct football with onus on counter attack with long balls into our strongest players but scotland dont have players to pull it off imo at highest levels of tourneys

MON was good but still very ooverrated imo

boring as feck

not a patch on clough and less strong manager than clark

clark doesnt have the hype factor required but he is a top manager especially with ordinary players.

without the hype factor you will struggle to keep top players on their toes.

scotland will never have hype manager or a better manager than clark imo

in our superficial world hype counts more than ability

and few have both

but hype mangers will always get top jobs since hype at highest levels makes the top players tick, for a year or two anyway.
Sorry TET but will never understand why you dislike MON and the football he wanted to play and as a person in general so much

when i used to go to games in top tier i lost count of the amount of times id be staring across the city above main stand only to miss yet another goal

Mon for me was good man manger and good at direct hoof football and just so happened to have some top top players to execute it right to euro final

if clarke had sutton larsson and hartson to pick every game i think you would see the same style better in scotland

try playing mon tactics with scotland squad and you will probably find he jacks it coz he only wants players who can do it at top levels

but both play direct football with onus on counter attack with long balls into our strongest players but scotland dont have players to pull it off imo at highest levels of tourneys

boring as feck

clark doesnt have the hype factor required but he is a top manager especially with ordinary players.

and few have both

but hype mangers will always get top jobs since hype at highest levels makes the top players tick, for a year or two anyway.
Would be curious to know TET on your views upon Clarke and the covid kid?
Still remember the time a player wasn't even considered for an international squad if he wasn't playing regularly at club level.
Seems like a rule that long gone out of the window these days, yet still calls into question a international manager decision upon turning a blind eye to it all the same?

Sorry TET but will never understand why you dislike MON and the football he wanted to play and as a person in general so much
i thought mon was good manager just not top manager

he is a rude wee liar at best of times

takes credit for things he didnt do and blames others for his dross

and the lie about leaving for his wifes health was big factor in me seeing him for what he was

And low low wee fella who didnt mind blowing huge hole in club he claimed he loved

he thought he was top manager and when he had top players his results were good but without best players in league in his team he was ordinary

his style was dry and boring to death but with good execution it got results but not better han value added off the pitch

He was a value destroying wee rude liar

And to pretend he was needing to have more time with his wife rater than fix the big hole he blew in celtic accounts speaks volumes for his loves in life.

wasnt so long after that he took a job despite hiswifes health being worse.

i dont like his personality
i dont like his superficial crap and his record outside of Celtic was mediocre imo

Why not jus publicly admit he left coz he was a cash burner and couldnt manage without burning other peoples money

coz he cant

Would be curious to know TET on your views upon Clarke and the covid kid?
Still remember the time a player wasn't even considered for an international squad if he wasn't playing regularly at club level.
Seems like a rule that long gone out of the window these days, yet still calls into question a international manager decision upon turning a blind eye to it all the same?
the covid kid i assume is the wee sevco rangers player who left for everton?

dont rate him as international quality counter attacking right back

i think our best option at counter attacking right back, we dont have that option

none of our right backs are really high enough grade to win that position

we have few right backs who are not bad as attacking right backs but even then they really arent international quality imo

i thought mon was good manager just not top manager

he is a rude wee liar at best of times

takes credit for things he didnt do and blames others for his dross

and the lie about leaving for his wifes health was big factor in me seeing him for what he was

And low low wee fella who didnt mind blowing huge hole in club he claimed he loved

he thought he was top manager and when he had top players his results were good but without best players in league in his team he was ordinary

his style was dry and boring to death but with good execution it got results but not better han value added off the pitch

He was a value destroying wee rude liar

And to pretend he was needing to have more time with his wife rater than fix the big hole he blew in celtic accounts speaks volumes for his loves in life.

wasnt so long after that he took a job despite hiswifes health being worse.

i dont like his personality
i dont like his superficial crap and his record outside of Celtic was mediocre imo

Why not jus publicly admit he left coz he was a cash burner and couldnt manage without burning other peoples money

coz he cant
Fair points on his wife TET, but a manager can only spend money that a board will allow for him to spend, so wouldn't lay the blame at his door for that as such imo.
Also was at a time the cheating huns were spending money that wasn't there also but at least our board copped on to it wasn't substantial to spend such money at a time where many a club was vastly overspending and many still are today still.
Agree also about being a fairly limited manager in how he liked to set a team up and that showed up moreso when he took charge of the Ireland team.
OK got us to a euro finals but the standard of football to watch was muck all the same.

i think our best option at counter attacking right back, we dont have that option

we have few right backs who are not bad as attacking right backs but even then they really arent international quality imo
Seriously TET?
So you wouldn't class Ralston as a developing international right back?
As I certainly would given a much fairer opportunity than a manager sucking up to hun scum imo

Seriously TET?
So you wouldn't class Ralston as a developing international right back?
As I certainly would given a much fairer opportunity than a manager sucking up to hun scum imo
yes hes a decent player

not really there yet and no a very good counter defender yet

he is a good player, im no sure he first choice for scotland though but definately maybe a good shout if he can sustain last seasons domestic form beyond last season

he aint any worse than our other options at right back

but i dont really think he the real deal yet

Must admit winter not a fan of Kenny as a manager myself even if credit is due to him upon the last couple of results and performances still with a limited group of players on ability wise.
Yet still quite annoyed that scales wasn't even called into the squad and especially when he wants to play with the 3CB option, as still think that could well be a great position for scales to actually shine in.
Doesn't make any sense to myself with Kenny and his league of Ireland background still ignoring a player who was regarded the best player within it before he joined us, strange decision imo.
Is a strange one about scales.
Can only guess that ot might be lack if game time .
When hes played for Celtic I think , for the step up , hes excelled and scored a goal or 2.
Perhaps kenny isnt looking for his defenders to be going forward but his reputation as you said has hardly diminished on arrival here, enhanced I'd say

boring as feck

and few have both

Hmm 🤔 nah I'm usually with your opinions on most things TET not sure I can be with that one but I'm sure you'll no lose any sleep over it haha

yes hes a decent player

not really there yet and no a very good counter defender yet

he is a good player, im no sure he first choice for scotland though but definately maybe a good shout if he can sustain last seasons domestic form beyond last season

he aint any worse than our other options at right back

but i dont really think he the real deal yet
No but hes getting there rapidly.
His wide runs and crosses have greatly improved, hes finding his man with his crosses now compared to his early breakthrough his crosses were more likely to find the far byeline but his improvement has been great to see.
Celtic and Scotland need a player with that determination he brings.
Also doesnt dive in like he used to

Scotland are still a work in progress and that backdoor entry to the euros ( as good as it was to be a part of a major finals again) mibbee didnt help.
SMSM thinking were brilliant when were decent .
Were not far away though from being a side others will be wary of like Denmark.
Strikers we need pity nisbet is injured but he'll be back at some point.
Must be decent strikers out there with great Scottish granny's, maybe should ask Ange for help 😜

Members online

Latest posts

Back