A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

"I love him. He deserves to be pain free. You do want him back as quickly as possible but he’s a person. He’s not just a great defender. He’s a person who’s been gritting his teeth and sticking his boots on for us. As a team & a club, we appreciate that!" - Joe Hart on CCV.

344360972_802581467526100_5209525119594530976_n.jpg

Pefect weekend would be do Hearts and Aberdeen beat the huns. Barry Robson to go 8 points ahead of the minis.

Aberdeen announce appointment of Barry Robson as permanent manager​

Robson has transformed the team's fortunes since stepping into the dugout.

The signing of Jack Butland seems appropriate for the Huns
BUTT LAND
As they are but a pimple on the arse of football, worldwide
HH
Still this is just speculation Butland signing for them.
Butland is Manchester Uniteds keeper on loan at crystal Palace.
He is 30 years old.

This ' story' reminds me of the old smoke and mirrors trick we became so good at once at Celtic.

If Palace want him why cut his wages so drastically to go to ibrox unless its a season long loan with no option to buy except one they cannot afford to entertain.

If he has any ambition of returning to the England squad he will know the EPL is the place to be.

It's not a FF or Joe Hart situation, nor a Robbie or Roy Keane situation either as Butland is no fan of the klub.

If they pull this off even a loan then it's a coup , I just don't see it happening.

When he first played some put him down as a mistake we’ll we could do with a few more mistakes like him,his progress under Ange has shown week by week He also got Himself into His Country’s team not bad for a mistake which I think Spurs made

It's a surprise yes but mustn't forget that just because the jersey didn't shrink to fit, he's an international keeper ( Greek no1), he's doing it for the Dutch club he's at getting rave reviews etc.

Why not put the starting bid at a price close to what we paid?

Look at Teemu Puuki , Stefan Johannson, and others.

High time we stopped selling ourselves short.

He's easily worth £4 million , as long as its coming in and not out.

He's a good keeper, if it's a 20,000 capacity and club not expected to win everytime they play, it's when you treble that capacity he's mince and bottles it but if anyone asks , like utrecht or another Belgian club, hes a fantastic keeper whom excels outside Scotland 🤥🤫

Edit to above : to buy Barkas now it would still cost us £4 million or thereabouts ( old regime), not many no1 internationals go for that price.

Start the bidding at £6million settle for £600k and off the books 🤣
If we get £2 million that's got to be a result anx I could see that happen if reports on his form are to be believed ( and who doesn't believe the reports we've read?) 🤔

Edit to above : to buy Barkas now it would still cost us £4 million or thereabouts ( old regime), not many no1 internationals go for that price.

Start the bidding at £6million settle for £600k and off the books 🤣
If we get £2 million that's got to be a result anx I could see that happen if reports on his form are to be believed ( and who doesn't believe the reports we've read?) 🤔
everything gone up in price why not a keeper

He's maybe worth another look when you think of the ,,,ah fk it who am a kiddin

everything gone up in price why not a keeper

He's maybe worth another look when you think of the ,,,ah fk it who am a kiddin
No I totally agree Kelly bhoy , he's definitely worth another look.
Just not from us we've had a real good look and whilst pretty much all his previous clubs rave about him and his abilities none of those clubs play under the intense scrutiny that is ever present at Celtic.
More importantly the jersey didn't shrink to fit, it never has , never will tis the hoops after all.

However we're soon to find ourselves priced out of the Dutch market with their mega bucks new deal €180 million per season between the clubs, and suddenly clubs like Utrecht can offer more financially to players than we can , same for Toulouse etc.

Now we're behind everyone , Scandinavia, Belgium, Portugal and a matter of time before Polands top flight etc if not already gets more than the division with the widely accepted most anticipated derby in the world.

Something that won't ever change until the jobs for the boys , Doncaster and Co are kicked to the curb.

Celtic and therangers could negotiate a better deal just for exclusivity for 4 games perhaps more than the pathetic current deal.

All that aside , good to have you back buddy HH

No I totally agree Kelly bhoy , he's definitely worth another look.
Just not from us we've had a real good look and whilst pretty much all his previous clubs rave about him and his abilities none of those clubs play under the intense scrutiny that is ever present at Celtic.
More importantly the jersey didn't shrink to fit, it never has , never will tis the hoops after all.

However we're soon to find ourselves priced out of the Dutch market with their mega bucks new deal €180 million per season between the clubs, and suddenly clubs like Utrecht can offer more financially to players than we can , same for Toulouse etc.

Now we're behind everyone , Scandinavia, Belgium, Portugal and a matter of time before Polands top flight etc if not already gets more than the division with the widely accepted most anticipated derby in the world.

Something that won't ever change until the jobs for the boys , Doncaster and Co are kicked to the curb.

Celtic and therangers could negotiate a better deal just for exclusivity for 4 games perhaps more than the pathetic current deal.

All that aside , good to have you back buddy HH
I've said for yrs Celtic should tell them to stuff their TV deals and crap kick off times and just ppv all our home games world wide, I know folk with boaxs and firesticks would still get it for free but they mostly do anyway... However the Celtic diaspora world wide meeting in clubs n pubs etc would more than cover the pittance from the TV companies atm.... And with the clog hoppers now getting a decent TV deal Celtic are right to demand top euro for our players..

Since we're talking about the exploits of Queens Park and Dundees relentless chase for the title.

I believe that Arbroath deserve an honorable and creditable mention.

Arbroath were quite a few points detached at the bottom of table but for a side detached at the bottom they've turned it around incredibly so they now sit 3rd bottom out of the relegation/play off spot.

Screenshot_20230505_170253_OneFootball.jpg

They are not safe yet but couldn't have hoped for a better last game scenario.
Arbroath v Hamilton and Cove Rangers v Morton.

Even should Arbroath lose to Hamilton they cannot finish bottom now, best Hamilton can hope for is that 9th place relegation play off spot.

Whilst Cove must win at home to Morton , a tough ask as Morton are still in the hunt for a play off spot.

Partick, Ayr, Inverness and Morton separated by 2 pts after 35 games, tbf can't remember a closer championship than this one.

Arbroath were written off after the first dozen games or so but since matchday 15 have W4, D10, L7 that's hardly bad for a side detached at the bottom.

Those draws especially have been the big pts for them, course 4 wins is more than 10 draws but it's who they've been getting the single pts against.

Not many clubs have taken all 3 pts v the Smokies, 7 defeats in last 21 games for a side that's never been out the bottom 3 all season practically, that's some achievement if they avoid the relegation play offs.

Given that Cove are at home to Play Off chasers Morton ( never know in this division) but it wouldn't surprise me should Hamilton beat Arbroath and Cove lose or draw to Morton , leaving Arbroath safe , Hamilton in play offs, Cove relegated.

I know many could give less than an ibrox Erskine Veteran's charity bucket but I think it's good for our game.

May not bring any clubs closer to us or the losers tribute act but it does show imo that from 7th SPL to 6th Championship here there's not a huge difference between these clubs , more evidence for a bigger than 12 club top tier.
Something that could help bring a better telly deal ( I know that's woosh over the heads of Doncaster and Co, too simple for the simple folk)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back