Ok, I will probably choose from:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters by S&G

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack

Careful by Horse McDonald

These Foolish Things by Bryan Ferry.

Probably change my mind again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚
Bridge over troubled waters - excellent
Roberta flack thing reminds me of the Inbetweeners
Horse Mcdonald don't even want to think about that.
Bryan Ferry probably quite good.

And you mocked my Page and Plant? You cheeky bitc.....😹

Brilliant Frank ...Happy days🎸

I met them when they played The Flamingo ballroom on Glasgow's Paisley Road West. Quite a number of folk from Greenock and the Port would come to the Flam at weekends. I think three or four buses were hired for them .
Nice1 Frank used to go to the
Flam myself right across the road from my old secondary school Our lady of Lourdes memory's
Remember seeing the Poet's and the Beatstalkers and Bo Weavles, lots of fighting, guys fae Penilee, Pollock,Priesthill, Govan,Paisley wanting to be top
dogs just the usual in the 60s
culture then

Flam myself right across the road from my old secondary school Our lady of Lourdes memory's
Remember seeing the Poet's and the Beatstalkers and Bo Weavles, lots of fighting, guys fae Penilee, Pollock,Priesthill, Govan,Paisley wanting to be top
culture then
Aye, those bands were very popular on the Glasgow scene in those days. John Dawson who played base guitar with the Poets was a close friend of mine. Passed away a good number of years ago. They played The Scotia for quite a while after John died. Changed their name to Blues Poets. Other very good Glasgow bands at that time were The Pathfnders, Sol Byron and the impacts, The Sabers, The Stoics, ( Frankie Miller was their front man for a time ) Live music was vibrant in those days. All those bands played The Flam.

culture then
Brought back memories reading this. Me and pals followed the Beatstalkers all over the place. Ended up in Stirling one night and as stupid wee daft lassies had no idea how we were going to get back to glasgow. Lucky we met this really nice couple at a burger van and they offered the three of us a lift home. Yeah the swinging 60’s brilliant time for music loved it.

In a downtown bar in St Petersburg Florida when the original leader singer and some bandmates set up for a session to be honest i thought it would have been a shit night but the place was rockin ,wasn't advertised i had never heard of john kay did think what a stupid name for a band ,and the Bar only held about 40 folk

In a downtown bar in St Petersburg Florida when the original leader singer and some bandmates set up for a session to be honest i thought it would have been a shit night but the place was rockin ,wasn't advertised i had never heard of john kay did think what a stupid name for a band ,and the Bar only held about 40 folk

The band Hawkwind have a song Steppenwolf. A very strange song lyrically. If ye read the Book Steppenwolf by Hermann Hasse the song makes some kind o sense. Never read it myself though.

A doobie and headphones, laying on the floor in front o the coal fire, lights aff and the shadows flickering on the walls cos o the coal fire. It was magic.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back