Abada to the MLS

Gary67

Reports in Israel saying that Abada could be off to the MLS. His agent is coming to Glasgow to meet with club officials to negotiate his release. Celtic want cash, no loan deal, but the valuation could be problematic.
In other news Anwar El Ghazi, sacked by Mainz for supporting Palestine and now a free agent, has reported offered his service to Celtic. A 6'2" Dutch winger/forward, who's played for Ajax, PSV & Villa he meets the BR power and pace requirement.
One out, one in?

Reports in Israel saying that Abada could be off to the MLS. His agent is coming to Glasgow to meet with club officials to negotiate his release. Celtic want cash, no loan deal, but the valuation could be problematic.
In other news Anwar El Ghazi, sacked by Mainz for supporting Palestine and now a free agent, has reported offered his service to Celtic. A 6'2" Dutch winger/forward, who's played for Ajax, PSV & Villa he meets the BR power and pace requirement.
One out, one in?
So wit he’s actually saying is fuck you lot a would rather play for a Yankee team!!
Fuck all to do way “worried about what’s going down in homeland”….sad,easily our best wideman when on song and a likeable guy but if he’s not wanting to play for us in particular 🤷‍♂️then so be it….the price tag means fuckall cause we won’t see any benefit..

It's not just the 'yanks' in the MLS, there's some decent players in Canada, in the MLS...one of whom plays for the Vancouver Whitecaps, a Scottish midfielder by the name of Ryan Gauld, and another guy for them, Brian White (USA) who's got an eye for goal, we should be looking at North America for talent, AJ is a good example, solid defender, who doesn't mind the weather, or the rough and tumble of the SPFL, had enough of some of the guys from sunnier climes who fold under the pressure, and if Liel goes to the MLS, fair enough, he played well for us, and he goes with my best wishes, it's not easy coming to a foreign country, language, lifestyle, environs, different from what you're used to, even the grub... and let's face it, being away from family who are in a war zone, is something many of us will never have to face, good luck to him imho HH

It's not just the 'yanks' in the MLS, there's some decent players in Canada, in the MLS...one of whom plays for the Vancouver Whitecaps, a Scottish midfielder by the name of Ryan Gauld, and another guy for them, Brian White (USA) who's got an eye for goal, we should be looking at North America for talent, AJ is a good example, solid defender, who doesn't mind the weather, or the rough and tumble of the SPFL, had enough of some of the guys from sunnier climes who fold under the pressure, and if Liel goes to the MLS, fair enough, he played well for us, and he goes with my best wishes, it's not easy coming to a foreign country, language, lifestyle, environs, different from what you're used to, even the grub... and let's face it, being away from family who are in a war zone, is something many of us will never have to face, good luck to him imho HH
No havin a pop at mls mate,,having a go at the narrative that he can’t get his football head on because of what’s happening back home when it seems he can’t get his celtic head on??or maybe am just a cynical auld cunt..

No havin a pop at mls mate,,having a go at the narrative that he can’t get his football head on because of what’s happening back home when it seems he can’t get his celtic head on??or maybe am just a cynical auld cunt..
Not how I took it pal, but there's some decent player out this way, and to be honest the money and lifestyle out here is hard to pass up for players, we have the covered stadiums as well, so no need to worry about the freezing rain, or snow, but the downside is the artificial turf which affects knees and other joints, so many players from Europe refuse to play on it, grass only for some, mental health is an issue everywhere as you know, so I won't disect what he's being advised on, or how the club are treating him, behind the scenes, but if the Bhoy isn't happy then it's time to go, I'm surprised wee Vata has stuck around, cos there's a player there, but he isn't being given an opportunity in my opinion sad state of affairs all round, mind you, the MLS is a 'retirement' option for some, and who can blame them HH

Not how I took it pal, but there's some decent player out this way, and to be honest the money and lifestyle out here is hard to pass up for players, we have the covered stadiums as well, so no need to worry about the freezing rain, or snow, but the downside is the artificial turf which affects knees and other joints, so many players from Europe refuse to play on it, grass only for some, mental health is an issue everywhere as you know, so I won't disect what he's being advised on, or how the club are treating him, behind the scenes, but if the Bhoy isn't happy then it's time to go, I'm surprised wee Vata has stuck around, cos there's a player there, but he isn't being given an opportunity in my opinion sad state of affairs all round, mind you, the MLS is a 'retirement' option for some, and who can blame them HH
Never blame any man that try’s to earn his crust wherever in the world.

AJs been poor this season imo .Looks nowhere near the player he was when Ange was here.

AJs been poor this season imo .Looks nowhere near the player he was when Ange was here.
And your point is…? No disrespect, but none of them are playing the way they did
Injuries aside we look a more timid team this year and it’s baffling because some were unplayable and now look average at best
The frustration flows down from the stands and seems to get into their heads and rather than get together and say we are going to change this, they go into their shell and the opposition feed off the panic

Last edited:
And your point is…? No disrespect, but none of them are playing the way they did
Injuries aside we look a more timid team this year and it’s baffling because some were unplayable and now look average at best
The frustration flows down from the stands and seems to get into their heads and rather than get together and say we are going to change this, they go into their shell and the opposition feed off the panic
Quite easy to get the point ..AJs been shite this season ,hope thats clearer for you

I sit in the stand every second week ,they deserve all they get for the shite being served up recently ,not just them but also the manager.

According to Rodgers Abada isn't in the right frame of mind to play football.
Yet its been reported that his agent is flying in to negotiate a move to the MLS. Apparently Abada wants games under his belt so he can play for isreal in the nation league playoffs & hopefully the euros.
To me that just means he is refusing to play for us.
I hope the wee prick has had his wages stopped. I would also send him to train with the women's team considering he's acting like a wee bitch.

Big leap there GB81 I’ve not seen or heard Abada come out and say he supports Genocide. Ever
Now agree if he’s not happy then he can leave
As can any that don’t want to be here.

HH🍀
Well it's pretty obvious. All the stuff about the GB support for Palestinians & the calling for a ceasefire, has him in the wrong frame of mind. To me that suggests he disagrees with the GB's stance so much, he can't play football for our football club.
So if your against a ceasefire, your for the continuation of the genocide ( I refuse to call it a war). If you don't support the Palestinians in their right for self-determination your supporting isreali apartheid .

Well it's pretty obvious. All the stuff about the GB support for Palestinians & the calling for a ceasefire, has him in the wrong frame of mind. To me that suggests he disagrees with the GB's stance so much, he can't play football for our football club.
So if your against a ceasefire, your for the continuation of the genocide ( I refuse to call it a war). If you don't support the Palestinians in their right for self-determination your supporting isreali apartheid .
He hasn’t said a word as far as I’m aware
Bud his National manager on the other hand
Has said all the above including his hatred for Celtic the media in his country are saying the same.
I’ve been saying for now on 4 months that a ceasefire is needed and what the IDF and Netanyahu are doing with the approval of the western world’s governments is Genocide. Ironic as that’s what the Nazi’s did to them. The slain becomes the slayer
The People of Gaza need peace same in the Ukraine

HH 🕊️

Last edited:
Back