Aberdeen sack Glass

No doubt the sheep have been the biggest under performers within the SPFL this season imo, and the manager always pays with losing his job.
Now this might well upset Docco, but strange that the sheep have taken the position we held last season and the common factor is broony himself?
For 2 seasons now, in a captains role, players just aren't preforming around him, why?
My gut feeling is saying that broony way may have become a problem behind the scenes, much in the manner Roy Keane became at Man United.
Past glories count for nothing when there are problems within the present, so what is the character of broony like behind the scenes now?
Be very surprised if broony actually got the gig at the sheep and actually unsure where the future of broony actually remains now.

jack Ross would be a good fit for them surprised Glass wasn't punted after Wednesday ,he may have had good intentions in bringing Broony in but he should have kept him as a number 2 not as captain and on the pitch from what i've seen don't see any of the players playing for either of them time will tell

No doubt the sheep have been the biggest under performers within the SPFL this season imo, and the manager always pays with losing his job.
Now this might well upset Docco, but strange that the sheep have taken the position we held last season and the common factor is broony himself?
For 2 seasons now, in a captains role, players just aren't preforming around him, why?
My gut feeling is saying that broony way may have become a problem behind the scenes, much in the manner Roy Keane became at Man United.
Past glories count for nothing when there are problems within the present, so what is the character of broony like behind the scenes now?
Be very surprised if broony actually got the gig at the sheep and actually unsure where the future of broony actually remains now.
There might be something in this, but maybe not. I know a lot of Aberdeen fsns and season ticket holders at Pittodrie and every single one of them is raving about Broony and insist he has been by far their best player. Bear in mind that Broony was the most despised player over the last decade with Sheepie fans and I thought it was madness for him to come up here but he managed to win them over very quickly - they now love him.

But I don't think he is near ready to take over as manager yet.

There might be something in this, but maybe not. I know a lot of Aberdeen fsns and season ticket holders at Pittodrie and every single one of them is raving about Broony and insist he has been by far their best player. Bear in mind that Broony was the most despised player over the last decade with Sheepie fans and I thought it was madness for him to come up here but he managed to win them over very quickly - they now love him.

But I don't think he is near ready to take over as manager yet.
Maybe so BB, can only comment upon his performance against us this season as don't have any interest in any other Scottish team outside of ourselves.
Don't understand how the sheep can seem to get motivated for a game against us and them, yet the results show they can't or won't against anyone else?
Broony as a player has been well off the pace imo with age catching up with him nowadays.
Easy enough to play safe with getting the ball from the CB without any pressure and making yourself look influencial within a game but in reality not contributing to much either in breaking up play or getting your team on the front foot with a better tempo and confidence within the players around you still

jack Ross would be a good fit for them surprised Glass wasn't punted after Wednesday ,he may have had good intentions in bringing Broony in but he should have kept him as a number 2 not as captain and on the pitch from what i've seen don't see any of the players playing for either of them time will tell
Aye its too complicated still being the captain and a coach it's one or the other

I see 2 other members of the coaching staff have gone too, they haven’t said who they are putting in charge either temporarily or permanently, can see broony being asked to stand in, personally don’t think he’s ready to hang up his boots, as it’s very difficult to be a player/coach……the idea that Lennon would be in the running is a non starter, he’s shot his last bolt, can’t see him EVER getting a managers gig again, functioning alcoholic, bad attitude, poor man management
Terrible manager for a season but the rest of his career he delivered trophies for 20 years as a player and manager
Shot his last bolt/functioning alcoholic
I mean ffs are you his best pal with all the insight you have. Cheap shots BB.
I didn’t see poor man management when we were beating Barcelona at park head with one of the worst Celtic teams on recent times. Looked like they were organised and galvanised onto another level that night.
I still don’t get the appetite to put the boot into him

Terrible manager for a season but the rest of his career he delivered trophies for 20 years as a player and manager
I didn’t see poor man management when we were beating Barcelona at park head with one of the worst Celtic teams on recent times. Looked like they were organised and galvanised onto another level that night.
Bang on

Players believed in him then, wasn’t an alcoholic then, once you start miss treating players it’s game over…..do you remember when mikey Johnson done his ligaments, he stupidly tried to play on before being substituted……the tv cameras panned to Lennon as mikey hobbled aff to Lennon saying feck off ya prick 😡

0_19231626.jpg

Oor media are a bunch of predictable wanks.
Ange loses 3 out of his first 6 and he and Celtic are getting pelters left right and centre, widny see the end of the season they said…Glass has the sheep staring at the abyss of relegation and strangely enough…he should get more time…..to do what? Get them relegated when its obviously no working.
These tossers would be better off at the Dandy or Beano…..but I think they would even make the cartoons unbelievable.

Wonder if Barry Robson is gone too ?
There'll be all sorts of candidates put forth in the media, among them, Barry Ferguson maybe
Him and Broony should get along famously in the dug out
Barry Robson wasn't one of the two coaches that were sacked. I said earlier that Jack Ross would be a good fit, but I wonder if they will consider Paul Hartley? He is doing a brilliant job up here managing Cove Sevco (sorry, Cove Rangers) and are top of League 1 just two years after promotion from the Highland League.

Barry Robson wasn't one of the two coaches that were sacked. I said earlier that Jack Ross would be a good fit, but I wonder if they will consider Paul Hartley? He is doing a brilliant job up here managing Cove Sevco (sorry, Cove Rangers) and are top of League 1 just two years after promotion from the Highland League.
Good shout
I can imagine the Govan Galacticos in meltdown if you had Broony, Barry Robson and Paul Hartley in management up north

The table shows Aberdeen in 9th place but only 4 points behind 4th placed Dundee United, there is no gap, just shows how hard it is to get results, it's dog eat dog for financial gain that comes with top 6.

The only thing that matters in football especially in Glasgow

View attachment 17682
Missed oot wan thing….the man that lost the ten……
He had lost the dressing room, players weren’t playing for him, everyone was shouting for him to go….his arrogance and ego, or perhaps it was the fact he was wanting a pay aff
Not saying he wasn’t a Celtic legend…….just……harmed the club and blew the 10 by NOT having the balls to say it’s going tits up, and stepping aside, lawwell was also equally to blame, took the cheapest option in appointing Lennon,
Look at what we’ve got now……if ange had been appointed earlier could have been chasing 11IAR now……that the difference in a GOOD manager….not one that’s appointed on sentiment…..

Members online

Back