Aberdeen v Celtic - Sunday 2nd October, kick off 12.00

Gary67

Must win game in a now long line of must win games, none of which we've won.
A battle between the 2 biggest underachieving teams in the league
Ange will no doubt pick the same starting 11 as Thursday. A lack of squad depth make that almost inevitable.
Personally think he needs to take one of his two empty jerseys out the team and bring in someone to play beside McGregor, allowing him to push forward more.

Hart
Ralston CCV Starfelt Montgomery
Bitton McGregor
Abada Rogic Jota
Furuhashi
Subs Bain, Welsh, Scales, McCarthy, Turnbull, Giakoumakis, Ajeti

More in hope than expectation I think we will win 3-1

Must win game in a now long line of must win games, none of which we've won.
A battle between the 2 biggest underachieving teams in the league
Ange will no doubt pick the same starting 11 as Thursday. A lack of squad depth make that almost inevitable.
Personally think he needs to take one of his two empty jerseys out the team and bring in someone to play beside McGregor, allowing him to push forward more.

Hart
Ralston CCV Starfelt Montgomery
Bitton McGregor
Abada Rogic Jota
Furuhashi
Subs Bain, Welsh, Scales, McCarthy, Turnbull, Giakoumakis, Ajeti

More in hope than expectation I think we will win 3-1
Would maybe start with McCarthy and see if he is injury prone and see how he fairs v Broonie in midfield, come thru it and we have a player, besides he needs tough tests and battle games two teams wanting the points for various different reasons, a title for Ange and a manager in Red fighting for his job. Tough test call for tough players.

Would maybe start with McCarthy and see if he is injury prone and see how he fairs v Broonie in midfield, come thru it and we have a player, besides he needs tough tests and battle games two teams wanting the points for various different reasons, a title for Ange and a manager in Red fighting for his job. Tough test call for tough players.
Either McCarthy or Bitton beside McGregor, would be happy with either of them. As long as its not Turnbull & Rogic.

If we can defend we should win can't understand why Scales hasn't been used so far he was playing Europa qualifiers before he signed so fitness shouldn't be an issue, Montgomery last week had a nightmare when he came on but he is still young and should progress just not sure left back is the position for him

If we can defend we should win can't understand why Scales hasn't been used so far he was playing Europa qualifiers before he signed so fitness shouldn't be an issue, Montgomery last week had a nightmare when he came on but he is still young and should progress just not sure left back is the position for him
Maybe Scales, like Shaw and Urhoghide, aren't good enough.

Therein lies the problem
Clamour to get Montgomery in and he has a poor game in a big game
We need to trust the manager, footballs his living and if he thinks players aren’t ready like scales then that’s his view.
Scales may have played europa but barkas was a Greek international and played champions league.

Hart
Ralston CCV Starfelt Scales
McCarthy McGregor
Abada Bitton Jota
Furuhashi

Subs Bain, Welsh, monty , McCarthy, Turnbull,Rogic Giakoumakis, Ajeti
Fuck that’s a new one
You’ve even named the subs 🤣

Hart
Ralston CCV Starfelt Scales
McCarthy McGregor
Abada Jota
Furuhashi Giakoumakis

my only change from yours is Greek instead of bitton. If we’re going to play 2 wingers then we need 2 strikers.
The idea of the inverted full backs is to contain teams when we are in their half by giving us 2 more men in forward positions while not sacrificing it from midfield.
In theory, the only way out should be s ball to the channels which our centre half’s are supposed to deal with.
Our problem away from home is 1 goal scored and that’s in part due to having a striker surrounded when ball comes near box, albeit because ajetis a fixture.
No system had a chance unless the team is scoring goals.
I have no doubt scales can play inverted full back. He played CH, LB, LM & LW with shamrock ☘️ rovers . If anyone is suited to it then it should be him

Last edited:
Believe Scales is good enough but like most players the system he's being asked to play is new to him by all accounts he's a strong physical defender , won't do much good putting him on the bench pittodrie would be the ideal game to start him in
If Scales was to play I'd rather see him as the left sided centre half. Starfelt's inability to use his left foot stops us moving the ball forward and wide quickly and leads to him turning in or back into trouble. The fact we didn't sign a naturally left sided centre half (other than a punt on Scales at the end of the window) to immediately go into the first team is another result of a shambolic signing policy. Starfelt, Carter-Vickers, Welsh, Jullien and Bitton, all right footers.

Huge game and a win is a must and not bothered how we achieve it either.
Noticed many would like to see changes to formation and no one would opt for the Turnbull /Rogic partnership, and would be along the same lines myself.
Not expecting any real changes to Thursday if any, yet I would like to see a slight change and bring in scales to tighten up the defensive line and not leave us so exposed at the back and can still allow Ange inverted full back's to play with far more confidence hopefully, especially in an attacking sence.
Think Boli might get the nod over Monty who is struggling a wee bit atm, which I would put down to confidence.
Hart
CCV. Starfelt. Scales.
Ralston. Calmac. Boli.
Turnbull
Abada. Kyogo. Jota.

With only 3 subs allowed
Rogic for Turnbull
Mccarthy for calmac
GG for kyogo
Still believe that we will get the win, score first and the sheep are there for the taking still

Just heard Ewan Cameron tell everyone that we’ll get Pumped tomorrow Hibs will get something from the Hun game and that’s us we’ll not even finish 2nd.
He’s a Fucking talentless Fanny
Even his co commentator’s slagged him
A Celtic fan had emailed in and he’s shouting give me his email and I’ll be getting him telt the morrow. A fucking absolute prick aargh
Mon the Hoops ram it up his puss

HH 🍀

We are a different team with calmac and kyogo playing if we play like we started on Thursday we will blow the sheep away then hopefully we can then get a run of wins domestically Europe is not so important this year cause of the rebuild but we have more than enuf in that squad to be winning this league as long as we can stay injury free rite enuf 3 nil celtic 2 goals for.kyogo and one for abada HH

Just heard Ewan Cameron tell everyone that we’ll get Pumped tomorrow Hibs will get something from the Hun game and that’s us we’ll not even finish 2nd.
He’s a Fucking talentless Fanny
Even his co commentator’s slagged him
A Celtic fan had emailed in and he’s shouting give me his email and I’ll be getting him telt the morrow. A fucking absolute prick aargh
Mon the Hoops ram it up his puss

HH 🍀
A good omen for us then Jam that a knob jockey like Ewan Cameron is forecasting a win for the sheep. A would be sevconite with a maroon sash. We will have too much for the Dandies with the return of the wee Emperor up front buzzing about like a blue arse fly. We are due a rub of the green so to speak and time for the chances we are creating to be turned into goals. Having Calmac back makes all the difference in midfield. Defending has to be better from all four fullbacks with concentration and cutting out the mistakes by simply doing their jobs. Last game before the boring international break and Ange simply has to go with his strongest team. We awe need a lift ...don't really care how we do it but win win win at all costs tomorrow nothing else will do . 🍀👍

Members online

Latest posts

Back