Added time

Lubos left peg

Should this be added to the list of things our board should (but never will) be highlighting to the people running the scottish game.
6 goals scored. 6 substitutions. 0 minutes added at the end of the game. If we had 3 or 4 minutes we could have scored another goal, which would have boosted our goal difference at the top of the league this weekend.
Seems when ever Celtic are way out in front the refs take pity on the opposing team (not their job).
Yet if its 1-0 or 2-1 we get the usual 4 or 5 minutes added.
Sevco v hearts got 5 minutes. Less goals. Same amount of subs.

Should this be added to the list of things our board should (but never will) be highlighting to the people running the scottish game.
6 goals scored. 6 substitutions. 0 minutes added at the end of the game. If we had 3 or 4 minutes we could have scored another goal, which would have boosted our goal difference at the top of the league this weekend.
Seems when ever Celtic are way out in front the refs take pity on the opposing team (not their job).

But the sevco have to have extra time to try and win so nothing will change there, Lubo.

But the sevco have to have extra time to try and win so nothing will change there, Lubo.

Wish someone at celtic would say something. Can you imagine if we ended up having a nightmare of a season and it came down to goal difference. Those extra 3 or 4 minutes the refs steal from us could go a long way to securing the title.
Just another thing to add to the "stop the 10" list I suppose

I thought exactly the same yesterday when he only added on 1 minute. Bloody ridiculous.

And how many Celtic goals are being awarded as Own Goals? It's almost lkke they are hoping for a non-Celt to be Top Scorer - possibly to try to add another few £million (stop laughing!!!) - onto the value of a certain fugly striker from a skint club desperate for cash.

Wish someone at celtic would say something. Can you imagine if we ended up having a nightmare of a season and it came down to goal difference. Those extra 3 or 4 minutes the refs steal from us could go a long way to securing the title.

Just like any other injustice we suffer, we shall overcome. Sometimes you have to choose your battles and I think there are much more serious issues where the club have to take a stand. Resolution 12 ring any bells?

That is why we should never ease off during games and settle for 6 when it could be 7. If we score 7 and we have 5 or 10 minutes left, go for another 2 when the opposition is demoralised... plus they will probably be bricking it when the next match comes around.

Spot on Lubo. Whether it's out of pity for the team taking a hammering or not it IS a bending of the rules and it's the ref's job to uphold the rules end of. If they want to concern themselves with the sensitivities of teams getting a doing then they should go ref under 10's games.

Good point well made pal. Not that we ever expect a level playing field.

Point taken, though they did add a minute to the end of the game on Saturday. To be fair, the game was pretty much injury free and, hence, there was no delays in the game

As a rule of thumb, injuries notwithstanding, the ref should add 30 seconds for each substitution
Plus he has the authority to add extra time should a player being subbed off, slow his walk off the field
That's how it used to be, although unsure these days, if it's a hard and fast rule
And with the Masons in the black, it's one rule for Celtic & a rule for everyone else, especially as we get further the road to 9IAR
HH

Point taken, though they did add a minute to the end of the game on Saturday. To be fair, the game was pretty much injury free and, hence, there was no delays in the game
I thought it was 30 seconds per sub Larry...that's 3 minutes there. Then the 5 goals scored 2nd half. Time surely should be added for time taken celebrating the goals.
It's clear to me that it's a Celtic thing. Now granted I didnt watch the hun game but 5 minutes seems a bit much, was there an injury in that match. And regardless of was usually happens in matches, injuries or not, when celtic have a small lead the ref doesnt hesitate to add 4 minutes.
I bet, if the games tight against the sheep, we get 4 or 5 minutes added at the end,no matter what happens during the match.

Added time is at refs discretion some give 5mins and remember it's a minimum of 5 which could turn into ten if Celtic are leading 1 0. They always give our opposition time to win the game. Game is corrupt needs to be culled from the top right down to the bottom. Remember Bhoys and Ghirls we are Celtic we always have to show the corrupted we shall overcome no more back of bus. HH ☘️☘️

Back