Ajer / Jozo

Ajer will become a ffs great CB. Yes he makes mistakes but will become one of the best CB’s we’ve seen at Celtic. We’re all entitled to an opinion
But some of the guff on here about Odin is pure pish. When he goes it will be for huge money. If the naysayers want to please show me a player that doesn’t make mistakes.
they don’t exist.

HH🍀

Like Others, what has a deflection got to do with Ajer not being a Central Defender??? You like one other I know just can’t read and don’t understand the point made about Ajer. He is a Midfielder not a Central Defender.
Suppose if you keep saying it long enough
He will be what you like him to be but NFL keeps playing him at CH and what does he know. Alotmorethanmeanyou. So I’ll go with that and the fact he was at Killie playing the same position oh and for his country same position. Chris Ajer top class Centre half.

HH 🍀

You like one other I know just can’t read and don’t understand the point made about Ajer.

Maybe you didn't make it very clearly. Well, not maybe -- you didn't. Maybe you should work on that.

He is a Midfielder not a Central Defender.

Well, if he is a midfielder -- hasn't been yet this season, but OK -- he's playing damn good central defense. He should stay where he is.

Suppose if you keep saying it long enough
He will be what you like him to be but NFL keeps playing him at CH and what does he know. Alotmorethanmeanyou. So I’ll go with that and the fact he was at Killie playing the same position oh and for his country same position. Chris Ajer top class Centre half.

HH 🍀
Is that why the Norwegian manager complained to Lennon about him playing CD rather than midfield?? Get your facts right. Lennon plays him there because he does not have two recognised central defenders. He only has one.

Henrik Larsson was bought as a winger, not a striker. Chris Sutton was a centre forward, but played a lot in midfield and defence. Conor hazard was signed as a central defender, but has been converted to a keeper. Have you ever seen ajer play a full match in midfield? How do you know he would make the grade in midfield for Celtic? Isn't it a coach/managers job to find the best position for a player? Could ajer play in midfield for Celtic? Possibly. Can he play central defence or recently enough at right back. Definately.

Is that why the Norwegian manager complained to Lennon about him playing CD rather than midfield?? Get your facts right. Lennon plays him there because he does not have two recognised central defenders. He only has one.
Wow didn’t know that thanks but explain why he plays him at CH why we play him at CH why snake oil played him at CH and why we sent him ti Killies plastic pitch and he played CH or do you just keep sayin the same thing
He’s a midfielder an no a CH.
because if he keeps playing CH think we’ll sell him fur millions as a Striker

HH 🍀

Jozos off work more than someone on ESA an PIP so can't see him going for decent money we missed that boat. I'm surprised this is even a thread I think Ajer is one of the best young CD about he reads the game well wins headers an can bring the ball out from the back an pick a pass. One criticism is he pulls shirts too often but remember how young he is. He seems to have a brilliant attitude and is willing to learn. Mistakes will inevitably happen but as long as he learns I'd easily have him first pick every week in defence

Henrik Larsson was bought as a winger, not a striker. Chris Sutton was a centre forward, but played a lot in midfield and defence. Conor hazard was signed as a central defender, but has been converted to a keeper. Have you ever seen ajer play a full match in midfield? How do you know he would make the grade in midfield for Celtic? Isn't it a coach/managers job to find the best position for a player? Could ajer play in midfield for Celtic? Possibly. Can he play central defence or recently enough at right back. Definately.
Henrik Larson played for Helsingborg with Mat Magnusson both of whom played as front men with Larson being the top striker and scorer. Larson was transferred to Feyenoord and played with them as their main Striker for 4 years, to say he was signed by Celtic and Wim Jansen as a Striker never a wing man. Chris Sutton as you said was a Striker and played other positions on very few occasions. You will be telling me next that big Sutton was a CD because he defended at corner kicks? As regard Hazard he was not converted to a GK,he filled in when a youth GK was taken Ill and he asked if he could be considered as a GK.
My point is, Ajer is not a CD and is stop gap. Rodgers and Lennon played him in that position as a stop gap because they could not afford a further 5/6 million.

Members online

Latest posts

Back