Ajer / Jozo

Great player but definitely not a Central Defender! Errors starting to appear consistently.
Both he and Bitton are mid fielders not central defenders.
How many games have Celtic had out of Joso in the past 3 seasons?
How long has it been said, Celtic need a proven Central Defender! Yes big Chris in but Celtic need another.
NL can’t keep on chopping and changing a back four or change to a back 3 when injuries hit.
A stable back four is required.

Great player but definitely not a Central Defender! Errors starting to appear consistently.
Both he and Bitton are mid fielders not central defenders.
How many games have Celtic had out of Joso in the past 3 seasons?
How long has it been said, Celtic need a proven Central Defender! Yes big Chris in but Celtic need another.
NL can’t keep on chopping and changing a back four or change to a back 3 when injuries hit.
A stable back four is required.
“A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse!”

I cant be arsed at the moment to do it but someone feel free to google how many CB have had a ball hit off them and go into their own goal or how many CB have given a way a pen 🤔🤔🤔 Ajer is a top class CB who is young and still learning.
Not sure what you have been watching over the last season and a bit....hes been one of our stand out players.

I cant be arsed at the moment to do it but someone feel free to google how many CB have had a ball hit off them and go into their own goal or how many CB have given a way a pen 🤔🤔🤔 Ajer is a top class CB who is young and still learning.
Not sure what you have been watching over the last season and a bit....hes been one of our stand out players.
Lubos,
Read what I am saying! Ajer is not a CB, what has his deflection today got to do with his performance??
All I am saying is he is not a Central Defender. and neither is Bitton.
Playing both of them as CD’s is bad practice. It’s all right saying he has been class but that will not be continued.
Even his Norwegian manager appreciated that and criticises Celtic for it.
The boy should be playing in midfield!

Personally I felt the woeful shooting was more to blame coupled with at least one honest mistake penalty if not two.

I see the horde got another penalty today.

No idea is was a penalty or not.

Big Ajer is very good defender, I'm certain had it been Julien who screwed up today, he would be getting the blame for us not hitting the target often enough.

Plenty of decent chances to hit the target went sky high today.

Not clinical enough, especially since we should already know the referees will not give penalties for Celtic if they can say it was dubious. But bet your life we get them against us when they are dubious.

On another note Ntcham could possibly have walked for his petulance.

Raising hands should automatically come with weeks wages docked.

Controlled aggression is needed, blatantly doing the Buffalo should get red every time.

So as much as Clancy didn't give the penalty(s) I still feel we could and should have burst the net on numerous occasions when instead it floated harmlessly over the bar.

I rate big Ajer highly in many positions

I think Bitton doing a fine job when called too.

We have The Israeli as cover, but the recurring Simunovic problem needs solved if he gets injured after his next come back.

Lubos,
Read what I am saying! Ajer is not a CB, what has his deflection today got to do with his performance??
Playing both of them as CD’s is bad practice. It’s all right saying he has been class but that will not be continued.
What about his performance did you think was poor?

Lubos,

That will not continue???
He has been improving every season for us. At CB. Our backroom staff work with him every single day in that position so frankly the Norwegian manager can bugger off with his criticism.

Ajer the central defender is one of our best players. He's played most of his short professional career in the position and he's class. Hopefully, in the months and years to come, he'll learn to go to ground less frequently but he's very good and we'll do well to hold on to him. I suspect he'll leave us for mega money.

Young Kris, a great prospect. Will have intermittent faulty games, but looks like a future megastar.

Jozo - best natural defender we have, when fit. Positioning flawless, tackling.. Well, orgasmic. Ask roasted-peanut heid.

This thread wouldn't exist if the game at Hibs had been refereed fairly according to the rules of football.

That shot had foster and ajer both duped.

With a player like Ajer there are more things to consider. Be realistic.
Pace - not bad once he is in his stride
Physique - 6'5 and a strong lad
Tackling- bit one footed but more than capable
Passing, technical ability - good
Attitude - can't fault it
Awareness- I've seen him improve
Aerial battles- does a job but I'd like him up his level. Again this will improve as he develops
Toughness- boy popped a shoulder in and kept playing. Patches himself up and gives his all. 100% pass marks on that from me.

Purely as midfielder he doesnt have the attributes to make it at the level we require. Stretching his legs from cb once in a while to mix it up is as much as we can expect from him to do well.
Used and trained as a cb he has a future playing in the game at a good level.
It's a wise career move and If that has passed you by then fair enough.

Q. If we signed him as a cb for the buttons we paid would you want to play him in mf?

The team he came from used him as a presence in mf. Was he going to reach a high level playing that role?

21 years old. Been holding his own as a first team footballer since the age of 16.

He has earned his contract extensions and he has earned a wage rise. I'm glad to have him. He stays a cb for me

Last edited:
Young Kris, a great prospect. Will have intermittent faulty games, but looks like a future megastar.

Jozo - best natural defender we have, when fit. Positioning flawless, tackling.. Well, orgasmic. Ask roasted-peanut heid.

This thread wouldn't exist if the game at Hibs had been refereed fairly according to the rules of football.
Another guy with a lack of brains. This message was started because of Celtics inability to have recognised CD’s playing regularly for the club. It has nothing to do with yesterday’s performance??
Don’t go blaming referees! If Celtic can’t stick the ball in the net more than the club they are playing, then woe betide us!

Lubos,
Big Bitton was the best player on the park against the manky mob and Ajer has been quality for us at the back so don't get your comments.

Another guy with a lack of brains. This message was started because of Celtics inability to have recognised CD’s playing regularly for the club. It has nothing to do with yesterday’s performance??
Don’t go blaming referees! If Celtic can’t stick the ball in the net more than the club they are playing, then woe betide us!

Must apologize for my lack of brains. I'd like to thank you for your largesse and coruscating soccer insight. Go you.

Ajer goes to ground too quickly, but he paid the price for that and should learn from it. Given his age, and not naturally accustomed to the position, he’s done really well playing at the back. I reckon he’ll go for more money as a CB than he would’ve as a MF.

Jozo - I’d sell at first opportunity given he can’t be relied upon to be fit. It would be different if he was outstanding and would be worth the wages to keep around when he is fit. This is nothing like say bitton getting a long term injury, jozo has just rarely been able to play since he joined, and can’t play on plastic. I like him, but we’re not a club that can afford that

Ajer goes to ground too quickly, but he paid the price for that and should learn from it. Given his age, and not naturally accustomed to the position, he’s done really well playing at the back. I reckon he’ll go for more money as a CB than he would’ve as a MF.

Jozo - I’d sell at first opportunity given he can’t be relied upon to be fit. It would be different if he was outstanding and would be worth the wages to keep around when he is fit. This is nothing like say bitton getting a long term injury, jozo has just rarely been able to play since he joined, and can’t play on plastic. I like him, but we’re not a club that can afford that
Ajer still learning his trade think he has fantastic potential. Jozo is a bit of a conundrum back end of last season thought he was immense, think he has had Rotten luck with injuries am sure better than me can see that, it is a position that needs addressed no Doubt. Wait a see what transpires.

I am a big Ajer fan. Like him a lot a cb but I really think he could stand in for Broonie, if the need arose. He has a lot of Vierra type talents. When he comes out of defence and draws opposing midfield players towards him opens up the play.
I have said before build our team around him for the next three years, but he will be sold at the end of that. He has all the attributes for the Premier League
HH

Ajer is a great young player but he is prone to costly mistakes, needs to learn to use his left foot when caught on the wrong side. Saturday was unfortunate but avoidable. He has a way to go before he becomes a great CB but he has the potential if he stops making daft mistakes. The challenge against Reinnes was truly woeful and if it had been big Ambrose it would have been criticized more. I’m hopeful he can continue to improve.

Back