An Gorta Mór

Just tried to have a conversation with my English work mate about An Gorta Mor....he doesn't know the history...but thinks he knows everything about everything...I explained that what happened in Ireland was genocide...he says I can't call it genocide...genocide is what happened in WW2 to the jews...England wouldn't commit genocide...apparently...I explained that the Brits allowed and forced the Irish to starve to death, genocide yes?? The conversation ended when he hit me with this line....."it's not genocide...they could have just moved. They went to America and Britian. It can't be genocide if they were allowed to leave Ireland. If they didn't want to starve to death they could have just moved"......??.....words fail me...
.......Like the English failed the Irish.

You can make a donation,buy from the shop at angortamorglasgow.com...it all goes towards building the monument.Go to the site, have a look.
Good on ye Frank, its only right the memory is never concealed and then forgotten, regardless of our roots a crime is a crime and if it is to be firgiven it certainly should never be forgotten, the sooner the past is faced up the easier it is to begin a better journey with no more baggage.

Luqman Khan #JC4PM‏ @luqmankhan555
The death of 4 million Jews in WW2 by Hitler is called Holocaust and is remembered annually by UK in London. The death of 4 million Bangalis from starvation in WW2 by Churchill exporting grain from India to Europe is called nothing and is forgotten by UK.

Untitled.pngReplying to @luqmankhan555 @jimmy_bothwell
Exactly th
e same what the British done during the Irish famine. They shipped food back to mainland Britain while the Irish starved. I used to proudly wear the union jack until I read about all its disgusting history.
0 replies . 1 retweet 9 likes

Just a pity that only one will be commissioned as i am sure each entry was driven by the same emotion and feelings when designing and this should be acknowledged, this was not a famine this was ethnic cleansing and claiming of land with least resistence to fight, you cannot march or fight on a hungry stomach.
Totally agree Boab,this was the "Great Hunger " not Famine.

Just tried to have a conversation with my English work mate about An Gorta Mor....he doesn't know the history...but thinks he knows everything about everything...I explained that what happened in Ireland was genocide...he says I can't call it genocide...genocide is what happened in WW2 to the jews...England wouldn't commit genocide...apparently...I explained that the Brits allowed and forced the Irish to starve to death, genocide yes?? The conversation ended when he hit me with this line....."it's not genocide...they could have just moved. They went to America and Britian. It can't be genocide if they were allowed to leave Ireland. If they didn't want to starve to death they could have just moved"......??.....words fail me...
Oh aye it's easy to up sticks and leave the country you and your family love

Every country England has invaded has been ruined. They annexed Wales, took as much gold as they could carry,at that time, wales leaders were Princes, king Edward killed them, stole their Crowns,went home and gave his son one of the Crowns and the title "Prince of Wales", which is still in use today. Irish Lords were killed and their Castles and lands taken over. If a native Irishman was killed by an invader,nothing was done but if a English person was killed by a native, it was a hanging offence.India was taken over, wealth, diamonds and goods sent back home with the promise that Queen Victoria would look after the people of India.The natives of Australia and New Zealand where nearly wiped out. Edward Longshanks moved the "Stone of Destiny ", from Scotland as a sign that there would never be a Scottish king again.the hard border between Eire and the Six county's is a wee bit of revenge in England's Brixit hopes.Hail Hail for a united Ireland.

Man alive thats sheer arrogance, they enslaved most of the world and killed the others that had anything to say about it.

War mongering countries no wonder the east despise us.

Stay away from that fuqer imatim because you will end up saying or doing something that will put your job in jeapordy.

Wit an absolute melt eh?

HH pal ☘️
Well said Maria, Hail Hail

Members online

No members online now.

Back