Ange and Spurs

Kennedy like lawell and Desperate Dan ( DD) must be employed by the masonic lodge. The money brought into the club should put us in a different solar system, but these guys are like a black hole! Lawell could suck the blood from a corpse and DD would see a profit. They highlight how money corrupts. The success we have had should be endemic to the wealth created in an environment with no opposition, But The Rangers,with not a pot to urinate in, unless borrowed, are still in contenion. If Ange leaves its because he has seen the folly. Bella lugosi is Lawells idol. When that guy comes out of the crypt the club is jodered, Said it relentlessly, Lawel is a 'banker'

I’ll say another thing as if your interested
Kennedy
If the snakes is a snake and Ange is off …

Surely Kennedy’s should get some sort of credit. Kept on and promoted by every manager through 5 out of 7 trebles.
Had opportunities to leave for EPL wages. Hasn’t yet and likely won’t.
If Ange is going to be tarred by some as disloyal, then surely to fuck JK deserves a bit of loyalty from us instead of the sneering we hear 👂

I’ll say another thing as if your interested
Kennedy
If the snakes is a snake and Ange is off

Surely Kennedy’s should get some sort of credit. Kept by every manager through 5 out of 7 trebles.
Had opportunities to leave for EPL wages. Hasn’t yet and likely won’t.
If Ange is going to be tarred by some as disloyal, then surely to fuck JK deserves a bit of loyalty from us instead of the sneering we hear 👂
or abandoned by folk moving on realising that JK has his own agenda

This too me is the most worring part, Ange doesn't take backroom staff!!! What does he see that we all miss? Obviously something!! When we all talk about loyalty and kissing the badge, Kennedy has been there over and over. Is it his turn to manage the club, he's really had the best to learn from?

Does it matter if the buscuit tin is able to by the best that's available? Is kennedy the best available I would rather have him than Rodgers?
Big John Kennedy is not even the best choice out of the backroom staff, that would be Harry Kewel..

But if Celtic go for someone who knows the Club etc etc (Cheap option) then I know Docco in Portugal is gonna be a very happy Tim when Scott Brown is waving to us all from the top of the Celtic Way..

maybe Ange seen the dynamics at play at Celic now lawell has been dug up and thought, hmm guy is a massive egotist that picks players. managers, sponsors but then hides behind the manager. basking in their glory with financial bonuses. its no co-incidence DD brought PL back, DD could captain the Titanic 1000 times and still not learn how it sunk, because he is focused on money,

maybe Ange seen the dynamics at play at Celic now lawell has been dug up and thought, hmm guy is a massive egotist that picks players. managers, sponsors but then hides behind the manager. basking in their glory with financial bonuses. its no co-incidence DD brought PL back, DD could captain the Titanic 1000 times and still not learn how it sunk, because he is focused on money,
Well if thats the case wait till he meets Mr Levy at Spurs, he's in for a shock then.. 😱

Anyone else see a pattern developing here?…
The pattern is our new chairman, I hate to say this but if you look to Ibrokes, they are on their knees, skint, shopping in the pound store and possibly on the brink of a 2nd death PL has no faith in our ability to survive without them, in my opinion his only chance of keeping them afloat is if he can get ange out the door. Yes I know this is a bit extreme but watching the game on Saturday the 2 unhappiest faces I saw were PL and DD. I hate to say this but Ange is a threat to their business plan. I really hope I'm wrong. HH.

The pattern is our new chairman, I hate to say this but if you look to Ibrokes, they are on their knees, skint, shopping in the pound store and possibly on the brink of a 2nd death PL has no faith in our ability to survive without them, in my opinion his only chance of keeping them afloat is if he can get ange out the door. Yes I know this is a bit extreme but watching the game on Saturday the 2 unhappiest faces I saw were PL and DD. I hate to say this but Ange is a threat to their business plan. I really hope I'm wrong. HH.
I think this the biggest load of rubbish ever, Champions league money completely dwarfs SPL+Rangers in the league money. For 2x business men, they must have loved Ange.

Ange is a great manager -FACT
Teams in trouble want a great manager -FACT
Spurs will pay him more FACT
We will still be the Champions of Scotland and in the CL Group stages FACT
We will have a manager next month -FACT
WHO will be as good as Ange? Who is available?
Do I trust our Board to choose a great replacement? NO
Candidates need to be drawn up and assessed ASAP
An appointment should be made soon.
We need to prepare for next season ASAP

I think this the biggest load of rubbish ever, Champions league money completely dwarfs SPL+Rangers in the league money. For 2x business men, they must have loved Ange.
Sorry mate, ange is an intelligent man, if he's off it's because he's not going to get what he wants, that might be control of the football side of the club, or it might even be money, yes Celtic are the biggest club in Scotland and maybe already paying ange a very good wage, but we don't know if he's getting a reward for his success is he getting an offer that could tie him to the club for years, how about shares or does PL not want to "share" the spotlight. For a large part of the last 20 years Celtic have been the best team in Scotland, but a lack of ambition from 2 senior figures has held the club from progression, you speak of champions league money, how many times have we failed to get that money due to an over-cautious approach from PL And DD, I think that the only reason we got Rodgers was that someone pissed off DD so No I don't think that my earlier post was too outside the box. HH

Mancbhoy670, those comments are fair and I can see where you are coming from.

I think Martin O'Neil got shares in the club, so not sure why these aren't offered to present managers. I think the over cautious approach was alot to do with Qualifiers, how many times did we wait until these were over until we made signings or sold a player. I can both sides of the approach.

However, times have changed we have automatic qualification and millions in the bank. There is no need for this cautious approach. Since we are in the groups we have to be aiming to get wins (but how much do we splash out to try and get that?). We got 2 draws last year €1.86m.

Group-stage wins€2.8m
Group-stage draws€930k

I felt our best chance was giving someone like ange time to build a team and steadly grow into the Champions League. If we are all about loyalty then we have to over look someones record like Kennedy's 10 game spell and go full on in with him (have a look at the quad he had for those 10 games - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Celtic_F.C._season). Overwise it's a case of gettiing in managers like Rodgers and Ange for 2-3 years max same as Ange wanted to do with the players.

"I'm going to be a little bit selfish,"
"People around me have all worked hard to enjoy this moment, so that's what I'm going to do. I will enjoy it for as long as I can before people drag me away to talk about other things."
"Because I think I deserve to enjoy this moment just like everyone else. I worked really hard for this moment.
"I owe it to my friends and to my family. I get why you have to ask the question, but from my perspective, I deserve to enjoy this moment.
"There will be a time to come for those kinds of questions but for now, we've grasped a small chunk of history for ourselves and I'm not going to pass that by by being side tracked." - Ange Postecoglou

BBC spun this as 'Ange Postecoglou coy on Celtic future after Scottish Cup triumph and domestic treble'
I've also seen such spin as 'Ange refuses to commit to Celtic' etc.

If you look at what Ange actually said he is politely asking the reporter to fuck off and let him enjoy the moment. Nothing more nothing less.

As regards the rolling contract we've seen that in the past with Lennon but Ange is no Lennon and if the rolling contract was the club's decision then everyone involved in that decision should be sacked. It may however, have been Ange's decision to keep his options open. We might never know. But regardless, Ange's rolling contract should be about to expire and you'd expect there will be or are negotiations. Ball very firmly in Celtic's court; make him an offer he can't refuse.

His rolling contract means on any given day he has a year long contract but I think Celtic should’ve tied him down last year but who says the board didn’t try ? If he knocks back Spurs ( as I think he should ) a better team will come for him if he does well
He’s not got the opportunity to show what he can do in Europe with Spurs and I think any manager would be crazy to go there with Levy pulling the strings If he can sack the likes of Conte or Mouriniho on a whim he’ll have no qualms about Ange

Still rough this morning, some incredible scenes at CP yesterday , the kind only we produce.

As elated as I still am I type with heavy heart, if not an unexpected one.

Ange is off, not official yet but I see the writing on the wall.

Watching his meltdown interview was tough must admit, to see him close to tears.

Its a stark reminder of where we are in the food chain and until that changes if it ever does then this will continue to happen.

We will be the feeder club for the big 5 leagues.

I'm at a loss , where do we go from here?

Elation becomes dejection yet still celebrations.

Ange does go with this tims blessing.

Spurs job?

Seems every next manager is EPL bound if they do the damage here.

I'm worried, he will want Kyogo, Maeda, Iwata, CCV and heaven forbid Calmac to follow him.

We could be looking at another complete rebuild.

I don't want to be too negative , world records have been set.
A chance like this would likely never come again.

It's where all our players want to be as well.

Spurs have had a mare of a season and to their fans this smacks of desperation , they're wrong of course, like Rodgers when he was backed by the now deceased chairman at Leicester we saw what our mananagets can do in that division same with our players.

Don't want to go into it much more than this for now but I expect the announcement today or tomorrow sadly, very sadly.

We are the stepping stone to the big time.
Nothings changed there.

Now we know why DD was here at CP.

Who replaces Ange?
Will we retain that style of football?
I doubt that but we are Celtic and no one is bigger than Celtic, neither are Spurs.

Their EPL status is the only way they could have our best.

They have more money than us and a new stadium, that's it .

A short but unforgettable era.

Still, we are Celtic, serial winners , winners like no other club can hold a candle to.

Any other good managers out there look at what success for Celtic is going to reward you with.

Though in this case a bunch of entitled " think they're better cos they've more cash"

I wish him well , not too well cos I can't stand spurs before this.

Can't say much more until I've spoken to that twat Romano who knows fekn everything , think I'll blank him.

We are CELTIC HH 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back