Ange and Spurs

Saying this 90% as a joke and 10% terrified...Jackson says any offer Spurs give Ange will dwarf the £2 million a year contract at Celtic..

Either Jackson has taken a stab in the dark, as there is absolutely no way this guy should know what we are paying Ange.....

OR!!

Lawwell is back in the building. He likes Jackson. He gave Jackson his last ever interview. Lawwell is the King of downsizing. He is happy to remain just ahead of Sevco, who are in absolute meltdown at the moment, financially.
Has Lawwell leaked Anges finances to Jackson?? If so, then Ange will be very angry and be wondering who gave the media, who he hates, his contract details...and Spurs now know how much they could offer Ange!!!

I know I'm being totally paranoid!! But I don't want to lose Ange......and I certainly don't trust Lawwell!!! 😂
It wouldn't be too much of a stab in the dark to say that Spurs' wage would dwarf £2m/year. Conte was on £15m/year at Spurs back in 2022 and Slippy G was on £5m at Villa. Big Sam Alardice got £500K for managing Leeds last 4 games (plus a massive multi-million £ bonus if he kept them up) - a man with anti-football tactics who played 6 defenders plus a defensive midfielder in the final must-win match.

I can see why Ange would be tempted to give the English Premier League a shot - it is probably getting towards his last chance, Spurs are a big side who desperately need re-energised and there is some potential there. But Levy is a dictator who demands control of everything and also very impatient, so Ange would not be afforded the time his overhaul will require. As the fans are already against him from the start then he might find himself out of a job before Xmas (but set-up financially for life and probably he'd walk straight into another job in a foreign country).

As others have said, Liverpool is a much better fit for Ange's philosophy to football, but would they dare to appoint a manager from a "joke farmer's league"??? I suspect not.

I always hoped we'd get at least 3 seasons from Ange. I hope he gives the Champions League a crack next season with us, is a success (top 3 in group is a success in my book) and then decides to stay for a few more years. If he does leave then I will wish him well and thank him for the fantastic memories, and we move onto the next manager - Celtic Never Stop!

As I personally have no influence in any of these decisions then I am not going to worry or get worked up about what may or may not happen. I'll find out in the coming weeks along with the rest of the fans. In the meantime, we have a Cup Final to play and a history-making Treble to achieve, so let's make sure the cup has green and white ribbons on it after the final whistle. I don't care if it is 24-0 or 3-2, as long as we win.

Even a brain dead monkey, who knows nothing about football, can confidently predict that Ange's Celtic salary, could easily be dwarfed by pretty much any EPL club, not alone Spurs. So what information has Jackson actually enlightened us with here? None whatsoever. He is the absolute idiot of Scottish football journalism. Filling up dying print space with meaningless nonsense. It allows him put his name up in bold print, with the word 'exclusive' attached. Preening in his own self inflated ego. A 🤡.

Last edited:
A great build up to the cup final this turning out to be.
Exactly what the SMSM would want. We've got a historic treble to play for and it's the showpiece and last game of the season.
Don't give them any more thought. What will be will be.
Ange will be giving away nothing until this game is over... so as it stands we just need to concentrate on the game ahead .....I'm more interested in finding out if Kyogo and Johnston are fit.

Only folk in the know are remaing silent all the other noise is clickbait made up pish and going by spurs web forums they want nobody all names mentioned are shot down ,something seriously wrong with that club when you see the managers they've went through

Saturday will be a long day , the cup final is being overshadowed by will he go will he stay crap

My guess now is he will go talk to Spurs and probably go

😖get a boax ,,,everyone says get a boax ,,,,now were losing a manger ,,,,,,,feckin lucky white heather

It wouldn't be too much of a stab in the dark to say that Spurs' wage would dwarf £2m/year. Conte was on £15m/year at Spurs back in 2022 and Slippy G was on £5m at Villa. Big Sam Alardice got £500K for managing Leeds last 4 games (plus a massive multi-million £ bonus if he kept them up) - a man with anti-football tactics who played 6 defenders plus a defensive midfielder in the final must-win match.

I can see why Ange would be tempted to give the English Premier League a shot - it is probably getting towards his last chance, Spurs are a big side who desperately need re-energised and there is some potential there. But Levy is a dictator who demands control of everything and also very impatient, so Ange would not be afforded the time his overhaul will require. As the fans are already against him from the start then he might find himself out of a job before Xmas (but set-up financially for life and probably he'd walk straight into another job in a foreign country).

As others have said, Liverpool is a much better fit for Ange's philosophy to football, but would they dare to appoint a manager from a "joke farmer's league"??? I suspect not.

I always hoped we'd get at least 3 seasons from Ange. I hope he gives the Champions League a crack next season with us, is a success (top 3 in group is a success in my book) and then decides to stay for a few more years. If he does leave then I will wish him well and thank him for the fantastic memories, and we move onto the next manager - Celtic Never Stop!

As I personally have no influence in any of these decisions then I am not going to worry or get worked up about what may or may not happen. I'll find out in the coming weeks along with the rest of the fans. In the meantime, we have a Cup Final to play and a history-making Treble to achieve, so let's make sure the cup has green and white ribbons on it after the final whistle. I don't care if it is 24-0 or 3-2, as long as we win.
Top post Bridie top post like the
Celtic never stop 👏👏

HH 🍀

Everybody from SKY TO THE DAILY LIER are saying what Ange is going to do and the only person who really knows is the man himself, never been one to buy into paper talk from my own experience they will print whatever in this case pure speculation TV Papers Pundits none of them are in Ange family or close friends the only time I will beleave it is if the man’s leaves , there is no names being thrown into the hat to replace him and if Celtic were in the know they would be looking until then He is Celtics Manager

Last edited:
Saying this 90% as a joke and 10% terrified...Jackson says any offer Spurs give Ange will dwarf the £2 million a year contract at Celtic..

Either Jackson has taken a stab in the dark, as there is absolutely no way this guy should know what we are paying Ange.....

OR!!

Lawwell is back in the building. He likes Jackson. He gave Jackson his last ever interview. Lawwell is the King of downsizing. He is happy to remain just ahead of Sevco, who are in absolute meltdown at the moment, financially.
Has Lawwell leaked Anges finances to Jackson?? If so, then Ange will be very angry and be wondering who gave the media, who he hates, his contract details...and Spurs now know how much they could offer Ange!!!

I know I'm being totally paranoid!! But I don't want to lose Ange......and I certainly don't trust Lawwell!!! 😂
Who does trust lawwell? Certainly not us fans that who. He shouldn't have been allowed back in the building.

Saturday will take care of itself do I think Ange will leave yes one day but for Spurs don’t think so.
He and Celtic could stop this pish in the Media by Ange signing a new contract.
It would stop a load of the crap the media is printing and smash any Hope our blue zombie’s have.
At the end of the day (it gets dark)
He stays he goes we will remember the great football the manner in which we played. Then we move on we always do
Players Manager’s come they go but we the fans remain.
As said by a smarter man than me said
Celtic never stop.
Over and over we will follow

HH 🤞

Huge amount of posts on Facebook saying Ange is leaving and Celtic will make an announcement today. It's hard to work out what's pish and what's shit but it's beginning to cause me all sorts of anxiety now. 🫤
So many of the media are all reporting this as pretty much a done deal. Is this correct? Possibly. It is looking like it may well be based on the English sources reporting it now.

Ah well, not great news but that was a hell of a two seasons that we got to enjoy under Ange. He did an incredible job of rebuilding us when it looked like we might struggle for a year or two based on nearly 3 dozen players leaving the club that summer (the third most of over 8000 senior football clubs in the world). I am not sure that many people would have been capable of delivering us 5 trophies in that time based on the shitshow he inherited.

Now - IF he does leave us - then we will likely lose some of the exciting players he managed to entice to Glasgow but hopefully we will be well compensated if this does happen and the new manager can invest in decent quality players that suit their style of play. I would hope he doesn't poach CalMac, but if I was him I'd be going all out to sign him as my priority signing.

As I said before, if he goes, then thanks and good luck, but if he stays then absolutely fantastic news.

Can't see any announcement, one way or the other, ahead of Saturday. He is obviously on their wanted list, along with one or two others, and the new DoF at Spurs being his friend and someone he's worked with before makes him probably the favourite now. But he has still to sit down and meet with Spurs (Levy) and discuss the job. That's where their attempts to get Slot and Nagelsman fell through. Slot & Nagelsman were both said to be on the brink of taking over by the 'experts' down south, and neither happened.
We should know early next week whether or not he goes to them.

A wee break from my enforced routine, and as I've been reading the thoughts of you good folk with great interest, I felt the need to throw in my own uninformed thoughts.
In truth, my initial feeling was that the whole thing was the usual wishful thinking we've come to expect from our sevco- loving media.
However, the longer it goes, I'm of a mind to consider that there may at least be a grain of truth in it.
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying I think Ange will leave: I do think, though, if there was nothing in this story, either Ange, or Celtic, could kill it stone dead.
It really is a distraction we don't need.

A wee break from my enforced routine, and as I've been reading the thoughts of you good folk with great interest, I felt the need to throw in my own uninformed thoughts.
In truth, my initial feeling was that the whole thing was the usual wishful thinking we've come to expect from our sevco- loving media.
However, the longer it goes, I'm of a mind to consider that there may at least be a grain of truth in it.
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying I think Ange will leave: I do think, though, if there was nothing in this story, either Ange, or Celtic, could kill it stone dead.
It really is a distraction we don't need.
Lets get the final out of the road first Frank. He probably has told the players of his decision, if so we will all then know at full-time Saturday.

Back