Ange

Today’s press conference should be interesting. It’s the first time we’ll MAYBE get an idea of what is going to be happening around the club.
Up until now it’s just been silence.
Plus it’s also time that instead of seeing headlines or stories of players that we’re interested in, we should be seeing headlines of players that we have definitely signed.

Could very well be fake and would need some investigation and verification but seen this today :
View attachment 14669
Hey , my grandfather was from Govan, but I don't hold that against him !
The man GCFC have brought on board is a battler. In that department, most would have thought Roy Keane the ideal fit, as did I when they were letting Howe fucked us about. He was never the man for the job.
On that point, is AP as tough as RK ? Is anyone?
What Ange is , is one tuff cookie, with a philosophy of a style of football we'll all appreciate. His history is to win . Should players not follow his belief, he's got rid of them. But far more importantly,, I believe, is on 2 occasions, when expected to kow tow to a board, he's walked. As I've said previously, he takes no prisoners.
I firmly believe he is what we need right now !

Agree with what I’m reading gives me a good feeling does oor Ange. Reminds me of Dr Jo we panicked that year to me he was getting more out the players we had was building a team but the Huns won the League and like Tommy Burns we spat the Dummy under those Two we played some glorious fitba. They needed time I know it’s a luxury but if Ange gets Time I think we’re gonna get the Thunder and the Title back.
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

I just want to hear that John Kennedy is not part of his plans. Now or ever. But I fear the worst.
I think that JK will get at least to take the kids or the colts , the latter would show if hes got something that we havent yet seen. I understand that he is well respected amongst the players and especially the younger players but imo hes in no position to make any demands.

Hey , my grandfather was from Govan, but I don't hold that against him !
The man GCFC have brought on board is a battler. In that department, most would have thought Roy Keane the ideal fit, as did I when they were letting Howe fucked us about. He was never the man for the job.
On that point, is AP as tough as RK ? Is anyone?
What Ange is , is one tuff cookie, with a philosophy of a style of football we'll all appreciate. His history is to win . Should players not follow his belief, he's got rid of them. But far more importantly,, I believe, is on 2 occasions, when expected to kow tow to a board, he's walked. As I've said previously, he takes no prisoners.
I firmly believe he is what we need right now !
I wouldnt have been beside myself had Keane got the job I just worried that if things didnt go his way how would he handle that knowing that the knives were out for him before he even took the position so I'd worry he mightve left prematurely

I am getting the feeling that Ange is what we needed rather than what we wanted. It is a shame the circumstances he joined us in and we would be in much better shape if he had come in months ago.

Time is our enemy at the moment but I think he is showing the attributes to turn us around in the next few months. Welcome to Paradise and let's get tore into them! HH 🍀
Thats where I am aswell he comes across as just the type of gaffer we need just now HH

Very impressed with both Ange and Dom
Straight to the point left the Hunnettes and Hun Medja no wriggle room answered questions well. It’s Seems he’ll make any decisions on JK and Strachan
And WGS will not be the DOF
And the Board will back him
Loved the way he spoke the passion and Desire is there
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 👏🍀

Tbh for me he comes across as another lenny type manager. Takes no bs , hardman type etc only difference hopefully is he wont have 1 hand tied behind his back
He maybe shares some of Neil's attributes but from what I've heard he is more tactically astute than Lenny, takes fitness seriously, relies on discipline & instilling self-discipline in players to take responsibility for their own actions. Plus he promotes youth if he thinks they deserve a chance, which is supposed to be the basis of our business model to maximise revenue and continued success (it doesn't always work).

I just want to hear that John Kennedy is not part of his plans. Now or ever. But I fear the worst.
I think POD answer to your hopes lies in the statement Ange made at Lennoxtown when he was interviewed...I am looking forward to meeting the coaching staff ..
Sincerely hope I am wrong POD.

HH.

Very impressed with both Ange and Dom
Straight to the point left the Hunnettes and Hun Medja no wriggle room answered questions well. It’s Seems he’ll make any decisions on JK and Strachan
And WGS will not be the DOF
And the Board will back him
Loved the way he spoke the passion and Desire is there
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 👏🍀
I think, from experience of having watched his career from when he was actually kickin the baw himself, that he'll be very well liked by the troops.
Given time, he could even take it up a notch, to being adored, by us all
Time, brothers and sisters ( and folk fae Paisley)
along with finances available, are the key issues!

He maybe shares some of Neil's attributes but from what I've heard he is more tactically astute than Lenny, takes fitness seriously, relies on discipline & instilling self-discipline in players to take responsibility for their own actions. Plus he promotes youth if he thinks they deserve a chance, which is supposed to be the basis of our business model to maximise revenue and continued success (it doesn't always work).
Think you've taken most of your very wise and knowledgeable scribe, from right out of my own perceptions BB
AP won't let us down

I think, from experience of having watched his career from when he was actually kickin the baw himself, that he'll be very well liked by the troops.
Given time, he could even take it up a notch, to being adored, by us all
Time, brothers and sisters ( and folk fae Paisley)
along with finances available, are the key issues!
whit was the morton fans song....

while in your paisley slums, you scrounge in your midden for something to eat
you find a deed rat and you think its a treat, while in your paisley slums

na offence paisley peeps, lived their for two years
the best shittiest town in renfrewshire :LOL: :LOL:

Ange Postecoglou ready to make decisions on Celtic squad as he warns some players won't cope with his demands

“My experience tells me that in the environment I create, some people thrive for sure,” said Postecoglou.

“But others will really struggle - and you don’t have a choice in who they are going to be. That’s how I measure staff and players.

“I know people are keen to know what changes we are going to make. But I come from the perspective that we would rather make the decisions ourselves, after we change the environment, rather than relying on (others).

“There are decisions I have to take responsibility for, so I will make them. I think some of the players will definitely thrive in the environment. That will make decisions easy.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/ange-postecoglou-ready-to-make-decisions-on-celtic-squad-as-he-warns-some-players-wont-cope-with-his-demands-3288146?amp

Members online

Latest posts

Back