Ange

Ange Postecoglou ready to make decisions on Celtic squad as he warns some players won't cope with his demands

“My experience tells me that in the environment I create, some people thrive for sure,” said Postecoglou.

“But others will really struggle - and you don’t have a choice in who they are going to be. That’s how I measure staff and players.

“I know people are keen to know what changes we are going to make. But I come from the perspective that we would rather make the decisions ourselves, after we change the environment, rather than relying on (others).

“There are decisions I have to take responsibility for, so I will make them. I think some of the players will definitely thrive in the environment. That will make decisions easy.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/ange-postecoglou-ready-to-make-decisions-on-celtic-squad-as-he-warns-some-players-wont-cope-with-his-demands-3288146?amp
First things first the correct attitude 👌

Ange Postecoglou ready to make decisions on Celtic squad as he warns some players won't cope with his demands

“My experience tells me that in the environment I create, some people thrive for sure,” said Postecoglou.

“But others will really struggle - and you don’t have a choice in who they are going to be. That’s how I measure staff and players.

“I know people are keen to know what changes we are going to make. But I come from the perspective that we would rather make the decisions ourselves, after we change the environment, rather than relying on (others).

“There are decisions I have to take responsibility for, so I will make them. I think some of the players will definitely thrive in the environment. That will make decisions easy.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/ange-postecoglou-ready-to-make-decisions-on-celtic-squad-as-he-warns-some-players-wont-cope-with-his-demands-3288146?amp
I like the positivity that Ange and Dom as well have both brought into the club. It's a very welcome breath of fresh air to hear the leaders of the club being proactive and not reactive. The two of them together are on a high and that is transmitted to the support. Its delivered at the right time, during the euros as we are all enjoying the tournament. Good job on that, better than staggering from one disaster into another. Has all the hallmarks of being done differently , by McKay not lawell. Ange is correct in that everyone , especially us are keen to know what exactly the " changes that we make" will be. It will be interesting to see in the next few months where our players are coming in from. From the first presser it seems a given to expect players from down under / Asia, that makes sense for the clubs business side and the exposure and interest this move has had in that side of the world . Where doesnt matter to us , if they're good enough, it will also be interesting in the respect of are the players club targets or Ange targets for now they will be mostly the clubs scout network I'd guess til Ange is up to speed. What kind of budget also , we are linked with reported £5 million croatian u21defender if he gets that kind of budget to spend on players that too would be positive. I take from the statement Ange asserting himself as expected. Kennedy has to take a no1 role at another club at some point if he really wants to be taken seriously as a potential Celtic manager in the future and he does so how long and to how many managers can he stay no 2 to? Ange says hes a builder and that's exactly what we need not a maintainer of the Brendan Rodgers era . Now the euros are really hotting up I'm getting super curious about the first starting XI Ange chooses for the Sheffield Wednesday game on the 7th july & that's quite alarmingly only just a week away. Still, having seen the aftermath of the Howe debacle ( Peter lawells man imo) and how Ange has given up everything without hesitation and moved his family halfway across the world to work with Dom ( Dom's man imo) and become new Celtic manager I know who I would rather have in the hot seat no question. I will likely never know if it were Howe or not but someones bottle seriously crashed, understandably perhaps, maybe bitten off more than they could chew, not so with this tougher Aussie bloke. The statement doesnt tell much except Ange is the man now. I confess I wanted Howe on hearing the news of the possibility but I'm certain Ange, a guy who took all of 5 minutes to make his mind up and leave one of Asias biggest clubs for us is the right man now. Eat sleep treble repeat and reset we go again HH ☘

Last edited:
I like the positivity that Ange and Dom as well have both brought into the club. It's a very welcome breath of fresh air to hear the leaders of the club being proactive and not reactive. The two of them together are on a high and that is transmitted to the support. Its delivered at the right time, during the euros as we are all enjoying the tournament. Good job on that, better than staggering from one disaster into another. Ange is correct in that everyone , especially us are keen to know what exactly " changes that we make" are. It will be interesting to see in the next few months where our players are coming in from. From the first presser it seems a given to expect players from down under / Asia, that makes sense for the clubs business side and the exposure and interest this move has had in Asia . Where doesnt matter to us , if they're good enough, it will also be interesting in the respect of are the players club targets or Ange targets for now they will be mostly the clubs scout network I'd guess til Ange is up to speed. What kind of budget also , we are linked with reported £5 million croatian u21defender if he gets that kind of budget to spend on players that too would be positive. I take from the statement Ange asserting himself as expected. Kennedy has to take a no1 role at another club at some point if he really wants to be taken seriously as a potential Celtic manager in the future and he does so how long and to how many managers can he stay no 2 to? Ange says hes a builder and that's exactly what we need not a maintainer of the Brendan Rodgers era . Now the euros are really hotting up I'm getting super curious about the first starting XI Ange chooses for the Sheffield Wednesday game on the 7th july & that's quite alarmingly only just a week away. Still, having seen the aftermath of the Howe debacle ( Peter lawells man imo) and how Ange has given up everything without hesitation and moved his family halfway across the world to work with Dom ( Dom's man imo) and become new Celtic manager I know who I would rather have in the hot seat no question. I will likely never know if it were Howe or not but someones bottle sriously crashed understandably perhaps maybe bitten off more than they could chew, not so with this tougher Aussie bloke. The statement doesnt tell much except Ange is the man now. I confess I wanted Howe on hearing the news of the possibility but I'm certain Ange, a guy who took all of 5 minutes to make his mind up and leave one of Asias biggest clubs for us is the right man now. Eat sleep treble repeat and reset we go again HH ☘

A good read as always ma man.....but a wee correction if I may.....The Athenian Fenian said “yes” instantly when asked if he would like to manage our Club.....he’s no Howe-dy doody...

Oh dear I have just read that Kennedy and Strachan look like they are staying on. This is a very negative sign. Is ange his own man or not?

Oh dear I have just read that Kennedy and Strachan look like they are staying on. This is a very negative sign. Is ange his own man or not?
If you don’t mind where did you read that would like to see as there’s nothing on the
Celtic News website. Strange as Ange has been saying if people don’t change and get onboard with his plans they’ll be left behind.
So let us know your Sources

HH 🍀

Current Celtic coaches John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan will be given a chance to work under Ange Postecoglou but there are so far no guarantees that this will be the long-term solution that that new Celtic manager’s coaching needs. It does however look encouraging for the pair who endured a difficult season together last year firstly working under Neil Lennon and towards the end of a campaign to forget with Kennedy acting as the club’s Interim boss.

“If you look at my history, I’ve usually ended up working with people who already exist within the club. Why would I dispense with valuable knowledge or experience?,” Postecoglou asked yesterday, in reply to a question on the pair’s future at the club given hi

Current Celtic coaches John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan will be given a chance to work under Ange Postecoglou but there are so far no guarantees that this will be the long-term solution that that new Celtic manager’s coaching needs. It does however look encouraging for the pair who endured a difficult season together last year firstly working under Neil Lennon and towards the end of a campaign to forget with Kennedy acting as the club’s Interim boss.

“If you look at my history, I’ve usually ended up working with people who already exist within the club. Why would I dispense with valuable knowledge or experience?,” Postecoglou asked yesterday, in reply to a question on the pair’s future at the club given hi
Not trying to be a prat but what was the Headline that came from as I’d like to read the Story your on about if I get the Celtic star headline I can do a full search on Celtic news now cheers

HH 🍀

As Ange explained in the fans press conference (how the hell have you still not watched it after so many days?!), which is a consistent policy he's had EVERYWHERE he's gone, he likes to go into a place and get to know everyone within the club, and then ultimately he will make the final decision.

As stressed in the press conference, he has full control on the backroom side of things, and it is in his hands. This is literally no different to anywhere he has been. If they don't fit, Strachan and Kenny will be gone, if he finds value in them, he will keep them.

They're both young couches, one under 40 and one slightly over 40 - I am sure they will have a lot to learn from Ange and can improve themselves under him, and if Ange doesn't think they fit with his project, then he WILL move them on. But as he said in the fan press conference, which I stress is consistent with everywhere else he has been, he will suss things out for himself before he makes a decision.

The man has told you neganon2.
People will only be there because he wants them there,now whether or not that is until he finds a suitable replacement for the said individual or in this case individuals remains to be seen but I believe if he wants them out then that is how it will be..

HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back