Any book recommendations?

looking for a wee bit of guidance. 2 weeks soaking up the Sun in Catalunja. I Intend to simply relax and read and let the stress fall off. Need to load the Kindle with Celtic books and football biographies and autobiographies of an kind.
Any you guys would recommend? Also any that were garbage and I should avoid?
Just back from Catalunya. Don't know about books, but if you get bored Sitges is worth a visit. Gay capital of Spain, apparently. Never noticed anything masel .... Apart from a few topless wimmin on the beach. Great food too.

Jealous. Of course, if I were spending two weeks in Catalunya, I wouldn't be reading. Fomenting revolution and hitting the streets for independence with protesters, maybe. But that's me -- different strokes for different folks :D

Now that the season is over, I've asked the library to order Archie Macpherson's bio of Jock Stein, but while looking for other books about Celtic history (that is, history of the club, not Celtic history in general), I found a book called "Said Lizzie to Philip: How Celtic Gatecrashed the Coronation" about how Celtic won the Coronation Cup tournament in 1953. Looks interesting and something I'd put on my list of things to read.

Enjoy your trip, Niall!

Larry ask your library to order this for you the writer is none other than Brian Wilson, he is on the Celtic board.
  • Hardcover: 240 pages
  • Publisher: HarperCollinsWillow (25 Aug. 1988)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0002182300
  • ISBN-13: 978-0002182300
  • Package Dimensions: 24.6 x 19.6 x 2.5 cm
515LKjzMSgL._SX425_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

515LKjzMSgL._SX425_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgbwilson.jpg

Read the others but never Shawshank. good shout. Papillon is immense
Read Shawshank then I watched the film and remember it’s a great film but the book just takes you into Andy Dufrene’s cell. Your there
One of the best books ever enjoy.

HH ☘️

Read Shawshank then I watched the film and remember it’s a great film but the book just takes you into Andy Dufrene’s cell. Your there
One of the best books ever enjoy.

HH ☘️
Brilliant thanks for your recommendations Jam. Look forward to it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back