Are we feeling a bit better about things?

It’s a better class of projects. But, they are still projects. The situation defensively is the worry. So I won’t be feeling really better until I see the calibre of defenders we bring in.

And I will be a lot happier when we ship out the previous disastrous wage thief’s currently at the club. When you have that group in double figures then that’s a total fuck up.

Hopefully Bayo will be great as he is our player. Two six month loan deals are shite if we are serious about moving forward.

We have only pushed the problem down the road to the summer and we all know how embarrassing we normally are at that time in getting what we need.

Hoped for signings got one out of three. I will not be throwing a street party, although, we get our finger out and I may stick on a party hat. Not today though.

I have to say I'm very excited about bayo. He looks a great header of the ball which is something we needed badly. As for the two loan signings, I'm happy enough with them too. I've a feeling there is more to both of them than six month loans. We'll have to wait and see on that. But like mentioned already, I'd like a decent right back and central defender. I'm confident we'll get that sorted too. Stay positive!

Hope so. If he does then fucks off in the summer though it'll be awful. I'm too auld for heartache?
Lets hope he is a hit, that he wins a couple of medals, enjoys his time up here, falls in love with the club and the fans. Also PSG are happy with his progress, but not quite ready to play him in their first team regularly and lets him stay for another season. You never know.

Lets hope he is a hit, that he wins a couple of medals, enjoys his time up here, falls in love with the club and the fans. Also PSG are happy with his progress, but not quite ready to play him in their first team regularly and lets him stay for another season. You never know.

That would make sense. Taking him for 6 months doesn’t. Unless you know how our board work. It would be good for him.

With new faces arriving and the prospect of a few more coming in are we feeling a bit more positive about things?
No. No really. Nice to see a couple of strikers in. However, two loan deals (six months ffs), and another project signing. Totally average so far.
yeah it's Jan and bargains are few and far between. Do we lack funds, ambition or both???
it is becoming depressing. Sorry to be so negative.

It's always great to see new faces coming in as naturally it creates an air of excitement about what they might bring to the team but I would urge a degree of caution not to get too carried away with the business we've done so far. What we really need to see is both the manager and the board addressing the problem positions that are most in need of urgent attention i.e. CB & RB and to be brutally honest 'loan deals' and 'potential' ain't going to cut it when it comes to sorting this out.

I raised the point on another thread that there was an imbalance in both our starting 11 and the squad as a whole due to the fact that we are top-heavy with young talent that haven't, as yet, developed the resilience, know how and ability to read the game the way experienced seasoned pros can. This for me goes a long way in explaining the main problems we face as a team, the inconsistency in our performances from one game to the next and the tendency to panic then struggle with the basics when teams press us and put us under pressure. Our problem isn't a lack of talent it's naivety borne out of a lack of experience, it's a symptom of our over-reliance on signing young players with little to no first team experience and the 3 players we've just brought in no matter how talented do nothing to address these problems or the urgent problems we face in the CB and RB positions.

It's not that I want to be negative or that I'm not excited to see what these bhoys can do I just think that until we bring in some much needed experience and longer term stability, especially in the CB and RB positions, then the issues we face as a team remain. I will feel a hell of a lot more positive about this window when/if these issues are resolved.

HH.

Members online

Latest posts

Back