As we say in the States . . .

lcafiero

There's a saying here in sports circles -- I think it originated in college sports, actually -- that goes something like this: "My two favorite teams are [my favorite team/my school] and whoever is playing [my favorite team's rival/my school's rival]." There may be something like that on your side of the Atlantic as well, as I'm not claiming any originality there.

Anyway, in honor of tonight's game, my two favorite teams are Celtic and Aberdeen, the former forever and the latter just for today. :LOL:

Would be interested in hearing some other sports sayings in Scotland/elsewhere as well.

COYBIG!!!!!

There's a saying here in sports circles -- I think it originated in college sports, actually -- that goes something like this: "My two favorite teams are [my favorite team/my school] and whoever is playing [my favorite team's rival/my school's rival]." There may be something like that on your side of the Atlantic as well, as I'm not claiming any originality there.

Anyway, in honor of tonight's game, my two favorite teams are Celtic and Aberdeen, the former forever and the latter just for today. :LOL:

Would be interested in hearing some other sports sayings in Scotland/elsewhere as well.

COYBIG!!!!!
Aberdeen getting ready for the game tonight

COYBIG!!!!!

Getrightintae those orange bassas...

COYBIG!!!!!
getrightfukingintaethemthenight

COYBIG!!!!!

''The enemy of my enemy is my friend ! '' kind of sums it up .

Anyone playing the huns is our friend ( temporarily )- even better when it is Sevco v Mini-huns ( Hearts ) and they can kick lumps out of each other !
Expecting a real physical battle tonight at Pittodrie - More-or-less to walk before the end - oops , forgot , Bobby Madhun is the ref - make that Shinnie walking and two disputed penalties .

COYBIG!!!!!
Will you get to see the game tonight or today.

Will you get to see the game tonight or today.

I watched the first half on my phone (I was at work at 11:45) but apparently I used up all my 4G data and it started streaming at a slower pace and I got spotty reception. I saw Christie's goal -- fantastic! Normally on a Saturday afternoon game, I drag my butt out of bed at 4:30 a.m. to watch at home (better reception on my computer).

The most used term in European sport, hands down, no feckin arguments
Penalty to Rangers.

Ugh. I can see that. I will have to start using that one!

Members online

No members online now.

Back