Asia Cup

Maeda will almost certainly be called up by Japan. Possibly not Kyogo though. Tilio could be in the Australian squad, but again it is unlikely as he has been out so long. I haven't got a clue about Iwata, but even if he is fit then it would surprise me if he got called up.

Let's hope that whichever new striker we bring in at short notice settles in very very quickly! Our recruitment team had better have a quality player already lined up for registering as early in the new year as possible. There can be no excuses as we all saw this coming in the summer when we had a chance to address this issue.

Maeda will almost certainly be called up by Japan. Possibly not Kyogo though. Tilio could be in the Australian squad, but again it is unlikely as he has been out so long. I haven't got a clue about Iwata, but even if he is fit then it would surprise me if he got called up.

Let's hope that whichever new striker we bring in at short notice settles in very very quickly! Our recruitment team had better have a quality player already lined up for registering as early in the new year as possible. There can be no excuses as we all saw this coming in the summer when we had a chance to address this issue.
Tilio is in the Australia squad.
That's 3 away for certain, even without the Japanese players.
We can now request postponements but for some reason have knocked that idea back. Why? We're already a couple of games ahead, we're out of Europe, there's plenty of midweek dates we could fit a couple of games in when we have a full squad to choose from. It would also give any new signings more time to bed in before going to Pittodrie or Easter Road.
The likelihood is Maeda will be the only Japanese player away, Kyogo (form) and Hatate (injury) unlikely to be selected. Iwata has never been selected so no chance they'd pick him.

We can now request postponements but for some reason have knocked that idea back. Why? We're already a couple of games ahead, we're out of Europe, there's plenty of midweek dates we could fit a couple of games in when we have a full squad to choose from. It would also give any new signings more time to bed in before going to Pittodrie or Easter Road.
The likelihood is Maeda will be the only Japanese player away, Kyogo (form) and Hatate (injury) unlikely to be selected. Iwata has never been selected so no chance they'd pick him.
It is mad to think that a club would deliberately handicap themselves going into tricky important must-win matches. It is almost like we want to risk dropping points. Now why would a club want to do that?

Iwata has 4 caps according to tranfermarket.com, if he's fit I'd not be surprised if he's included in the squad. Kobayashi at 23 could still be called up for the under 21s but aye like has been said we've had plenty of time to get prepared for this.

Buy a striker and freshen up couple a positions in the window they three won’t be missed?contributed hee haw up to now!!
Rodgers said recently that he wanted at least 4 players preseason and didn't get them, more recently speaking about the upcoming window he said 2-4 players he wants.
That's a pretty mixed message.
Is it 4 or 2? I like many would say 4 but I get the feeling that 2 will be it.
With the greatest of respect to James McCarthy he needs to go this window , we may have x y z $s but we cannot continue to be paying a spectator £20kplus pwk it's terrible business I'm surprised it's been allowed to go on so long.
It's a shame as he's a celtic supporter and like mikey any Celtic supporter should want these bhoys to succeed but its not happening for McCarthy and never has.
Seigrist another , has contributed nothing and is behind Bain, even young Joe Morrisson is likely ahead of him. What's gone on with Seigrist is a mystery and I wish we'd stop buying keepers who play well against us as almost all do.
Zander Clark played well against us and is a Scottish international finally , should we buy him too? I think not.
So there's 2 to go, Turnbull is a case of what couldve been, so near yet so far. Plays untouchable football one week and looks a raw cadet the next.
If its true the Milan £7 million rumours I'd take that and hand most of it to Aberdeen for Miovski.
Shankland can play and that's good news for Scotland his form if it continues will surely see him on the plane to Germany, I hope rangers don't sign him as he hasan eye for goal and is on a great run but what profit would they make from any sell-on ?
Hes 28 so if they go for him theyd have to sell after 2 seasons max. So hopefully he stays at hearts.
It's been reported a few times Celtic watching miovski, well how much do they need to watch ? He's a proven goalscorer , his goal v sevco was very similar to kyogos also v sevco.
Now allegedly Southampton are showing interest and we should've touched base with his agent by now , window opens on Monday, saints will blow us away with thir willingness to dive further into debt, and why not? Its only Rupert Murdochs money. I fear if we haven't made contact yet he's out of sunny Scotland.

Edit, speaking of paying spectators, how brilliant for that Tim to win the £10k celtic lotto the other day , £10k , on the pitch at half time and just before Christmas fantastic 👏

Get the games postponed... Take the others to Dubia for a fortnight for a wee refresher... And watch the huns implode again with rage... O and it wid probably piss of yon Israeli twat that reported the Palestine flags to UEFA... Win win in my book.

Get it done Peter... Mon mate you awe must be due a wee holiday in the sun..

Members online

Latest posts

Back