Assange Arrested

Benignus

Well fuck this damn country, Scotland Yard have just arrested Assange in the Ecuador Embassy, timing seems spot on as May comes back to a shitstorm in parliament.
This country turns my fucking stomach, people now just accept the post truth era as a way of life, wtf fuck is wrong with us.

...and what the f*ck are they going to charge him with ? Not allowing himself to be railroaded on Trumped-up charges from the US ( see what I did there ? ) on espionage ? What they didn't like was him publishing the fact that the US was spying on everyone , including their ''friends'' . So why the f*ck is Britain helping these b*stards when they were a victim too ?
Pass the sick bag !

I have to admit to being divided on Assange.

The work he done in exposing bank fraud was outstanding and the Chelsea/Bradley Manning work was also an important insight into the illegality of the American war machine and its strategy of torture.

I do believe he swallowed the self-important pills though and whilst I believe that the charges in Sweden are probably false, I would have expected him to defend the allegations in court.

He sold his soul at an attempt for immunity and the strategy didn't work due to 35,000 emails having little or no substance.

He can redeem himself if he can expose the Trump campaign, but I think he's playing his hand for a transfer to, and immunity in the states and the liklihood of a potential presidential pardon.

We'll see if Mayhem hands him over to the Swedes

I think it’s clear that most of the information came from Putin. I would like to see that investigated. He’s not as clean as his fans make out. I think he might be pivotal in unraveling Trumpet. Then again, that fat racist cunt will probably get away with it no matter what comes out.

I have to admit to being divided on Assange.

The work he done in exposing bank fraud was outstanding and the Chelsea/Bradley Manning work was also an important insight into the illegality of the American war machine and its strategy of torture.

I do believe he swallowed the self-important pills though and whilst I believe that the charges in Sweden are probably false, I would have expected him to defend the allegations in court.

He sold his soul at an attempt for immunity and the strategy didn't work due to 35,000 emails having little or no substance.

He can redeem himself if he can expose the Trump campaign, but I think he's playing his hand for a transfer to, and immunity in the states and the liklihood of a potential presidential pardon.

We'll see if Mayhem hands him over to the Swedes

There is no doubt the guy divides opinion, what pisses me off is the way this has been dealt with, the US have been softening up the Ecuadorians with a possible deal to drop some debt owed to them to get there hands on Assange, and they have the bonus of an Embassy in London, home of their biggest arselickers ready to play ball. The other thing I'm hearing today is that although the charges in Sweden were dropped, there is nothing to stop them resurfacing again in the future.

There is no doubt the guy divides opinion, what pisses me off is the way this has been dealt with, the US have been softening up the Ecuadorians with a possible deal to drop some debt owed to them to get there hands on Assange, and they have the bonus of an Embassy in London, home of their biggest arselickers ready to play ball. The other thing I'm hearing today is that although the charges in Sweden were dropped, there is nothing to stop them resurfacing again in the future.

The last thing Trump wants is him in a US court potentially spilling the beans.

I think the Swedes might just stick to the sidelines on this one, but I'm pretty sure that Assange has some chips to bargain with.

I agree with TV1, that Putin is nowhere near as astute as he's been made out to be and if Assange plays his cards right, then this can blow the can of worms right open.

It kind of depends on whether it's a Federal or military matter. The Feds might be a bit more sympathetic due to their run-ins with the current administration.

Here's hoping anyway.......

Solitary confinement is torture, and these are the condition Assange has been kept in recently in London, it's impossible to know his state of mind at this moment or in the near future, it will be very difficult to work out what his next move might be, he may even have had enough, and possibly dissappear into obscurity, now he's in the hands of the west he better watch what he does or says in case he accidently stabs himself in the back and throws himself out of a top flat window.

Solitary confinement is torture, and these are the condition Assange has been kept in recently in London, it's impossible to know his state of mind at this moment or in the near future, it will be very difficult to work out what his next move might be, he may even have had enough, and possibly dissappear into obscurity, now he's in the hands of the west he better watch what he does or says in case he accidently stabs himself in the back and throws himself out of a top flat window.
I'm pretty sure there's a convenient bolt of lightening with his name on it somewhere, B

I think the Swedes might just stick to the sidelines on this one, but I'm pretty sure that Assange has some chips to bargain with.

I agree with TV1, that Putin is nowhere near as astute as he's been made out to be and if Assange plays his cards right, then this can blow the can of worms right open.

It kind of depends on whether it's a Federal or military matter. The Feds might be a bit more sympathetic due to their run-ins with the current administration.

Here's hoping anyway.......

The Swedes have no jurisdiction , I believe - their police questioned Assange a while back and dropped charges .
He refused to go to Sweden to face the ( false ? ) charges because this was a device to get him extradited to the US to face whatever charges they dreamed up .

And the Brits have arrested him on a charge of jumping bail on an extradition hearing by the Swedes on a sexual charge which has now , apparently , been dropped .

Been listening to Dick Gaughan this afternoon, he has a song on you tube called Song of Choice.
A couple of lines in this track are quite apt for today, whatever you think of Assange, this is an attack on the freedom of journalists going about their business and trying to expose the truth.
The song was written by the great Peggy Seeger, and the line 'how can you fight if you don't recognise a warning' seems poignant today, if you have the time folks, give it a whirl

That sounds about right - remember Steve Biko in South Africa same fate trying to fight apartheid.

The Swedes have no jurisdiction , I believe - their police questioned Assange a while back and dropped charges .
He refused to go to Sweden to face the ( false ? ) charges because this was a device to get him extradited to the US to face whatever charges they dreamed up .

And the Brits have arrested him on a charge of jumping bail on an extradition hearing by the Swedes on a sexual charge which has now , apparently , been dropped .

Mentioned earlier Millsy, apparently in Swedish law these charges may resurface, im sure Assange will be prepared for a shitstorm that's coming his way.

...and what the f*ck are they going to charge him with ? Not allowing himself to be railroaded on Trumped-up charges from the US ( see what I did there ? ) on espionage ? What they didn't like was him publishing the fact that the US was spying on everyone , including their ''friends'' . So why the f*ck is Britain helping these b*stards when they were a victim too ?
Pass the sick bag !

Apparently they're charging him with 'conspiracy to commit computer intrusion' but it doesn't really matter what they charge him with because the sentence was passed the second he started exposing their dark secrets and practices. As for Britain, well they're helping because they're neck deep in the US mass surveillance network.

Just watch how this all plays out over the next few weeks, months, years because it's the perfect opportunity to see the whole free speech / right to a fair trial / freedom of the press / human rights etc. illusion shatter when it collides with the reality of how nation states actually operate. These are all lovely principled lofty ideals but when they come up against the 'interests' of the state and those who run it they're irrelevant and meaningless.

Assange, Wikileaks, Snowden etc, rightly or wrongly depending on your worldview, gave ordinary people a peek behind the curtain and the last thing ANY government wants is for their people to see what goes on behind the curtain!

HH Millsy.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter whether

Apparently they're charging him with 'conspiracy to commit computer intrusion' but it doesn't really matter what they charge him with because the sentence was passed the second he started exposing their dark secrets and practices. As for Britain, well they're helping because they're neck deep in the US mass surveillance network.

Just watch how this all plays out over the next few weeks, months, years because it's the perfect opportunity to see the whole free speech / right to a fair trial / freedom of the press / human rights etc. illusion shatter when it collides with the reality of how nation states actually operate. These are all lovely principled lofty ideals but when they come up against the 'interests' of the state and those who run it they're irrelevant and meaningless.

Assange, Wikileaks, Snowden etc, rightly or wrongly depending on your worldview, gave ordinary people a peek behind the curtain and the last thing ANY government wants is for their people to see what goes on behind the curtain!

HH Millsy.

Snowden isn’t in the same bracket. Assange has been given Intelligence from the Russians to undermine, they hope, the west. Snowden had balls of steel and got the info himself.

Do you honestly think Asda Ge got one piece of the stuff Wikileaks published?

He’s a willing Patsy. If the Americans ever get hold of him they will prosecute fully in the knowledge it was Russia.

Snowden isn’t in the same bracket. Assange has been given Intelligence from the Russians to undermine, they hope, the west. Snowden had balls of steel and got the info himself.

Do you honestly think Asda Ge got one piece of the stuff Wikileaks published?

He’s a willing Patsy. If the Americans ever get hold of him they will prosecute fully in the knowledge it was Russia.

My point is they are all Whistleblowers on the dark practices of the US.

Russians? Bradley Manning wasn't a Russian he was a serving intelligence officer in the US Army who passed a bulk of classified information on to Assange's Wikileaks organisation. This is when the US decided to go after Assange. Doesn't matter whether Assange was in personal possession of Manning's leaked intelligence or not, he's the founder/director of Wikileaks therefore he's held responsible by the US for it's publishing.

As for Russia/Trump/Clinton etc. this all came after the US decided to go after Assange.

Members online

Latest posts

Back