Atlético Madrid game

tommybhoy8881

Atlético Madrid are in great from this season (if they win game in hand they go joint top in la Liga) team that's hugely experienced in Europe so it will be extremely tough tie and I think 3 points is needed to have any chance of finishing 3rd and maybe best wanting Lazio to beat feyenoord but I'm not 100 percent sure.....Madrid have few injuries but we will need luck in this game (sometimes the fan atmosphere can actually go into other teams favour as much as ours as they like playing at our staduim especially the bigger teams) just have to hope and if we manage to win it will probably be most impressive 3 points in Europe in the past 10 years 🍀anyway let's all just hope and keep the faith🍀

Atlético Madrid are in great from this season (if they win game in hand they go joint top in la Liga) team that's hugely experienced in Europe so it will be extremely tough tie and I think 3 points is needed to have any chance of finishing 3rd and maybe best wanting Lazio to beat feyenoord but I'm not 100 percent sure.....Madrid have few injuries but we will need luck in this game (sometimes the fan atmosphere can actually go into other teams favour as much as ours as they like playing at our staduim especially the bigger teams) just have to hope and if we manage to win it will probably be most impressive 3 points in Europe in the past 10 years 🍀anyway let's all just hope and keep the faith🍀
Based on absolutely nothing I’ve took us for 2-1 in the predictor. KTF 🍀

Its a record that the SMSM like to put out there that we haven't won a single game in the CL over the last decade.....of course during that period we only qualified on 4 of those years if memory serves me right so it's a distortion of the facts but that won't stop them highlighting it.
Stll it is very much an unwanted stat and one that irks me.

When the draw was made this double header against this horrible club was one that I didn't expect to change the above stat and whilst I would hope it would be otherwise I can't see us getting that break that we all so desperately want against their quality.

Would take everything on the night to go for us in performance with a big slice of luck including the officials and Var.

Its a record that the SMSM like to put out there that we haven't won a single game in the CL over the last decade.....of course during that period we only qualified on 4 of those years if memory serves me right so it's a distortion of the facts but that won't stop them highlighting it.
Stll it is very much an unwanted stat and one that irks me.

When the draw was made this double header against this horrible club was one that I didn't expect to change the above stat and whilst I would hope it would be otherwise I can't see us getting that break that we all so desperately want against their quality.

Would take everything on the night to go for us in performance with a big slice of luck including the officials and Var.
Hard to argue with that mate. I feel we’ve something more about us this year, as I said earlier, I don’t have any real basis for this. That said, it won’t completely surprise me if we got the result on Wednesday. You make your own luck by cutting out the errors and being brave on the ball. We’ll see soon enough COYBIG 🍀

Hard to argue with that mate. I feel we’ve something more about us this year, as I said earlier, I don’t have any real basis for this. That said, it won’t completely surprise me if we got the result on Wednesday. You make your own luck by cutting out the errors and being brave on the ball. We’ll see soon enough COYBIG 🍀
Both Lazio and Athletico have mentioned us not being your "typical Scottish side".They know we can play a bit so if we take our chances who knows!Creating chances isnt a problem its the putting them away at this level we struggle with.

A still think we miss jota and Abada…don’t have any trickery out wide,which makes us predictable in the big league?too easily contained,but that said we deserve a change of luck in this tournament??why not on Wednesday??celtic 5-0…😂😂
A think we need to suprise atl Madrid and play McCarthy in midfield calmac in goals and hart left wing and then just hope for the best

My side would be:

Hart
AJ. CCV. Scales. Taylor
Iwata
O'Riley. CalMac. Hatate
Maeda. Kyogo
But I expect Rodgers to swap out Iwata for Palma as he starts with his preferred 4-3-3 (pah! what does he know anyway?).

This will be a very very tough match. My heart says we will scrape a hard fought win - so I'll go with that hope.

My side would be:

Hart
AJ. CCV. Scales. Taylor
Iwata
O'Riley. CalMac. Hatate
Maeda. Kyogo
But I expect Rodgers to swap out Iwata for Palma as he starts with his preferred 4-3-3 (pah! what does he know anyway?).

This will be a very very tough match. My heart says we will scrape a hard fought win - so I'll go with that hope.
I was thinking Iwata in midfield beside McGregor and O'RIley and Hatate on the left. He played there, and apparently very well, for Japan during international break. Maeda on the right, try to stop Lino who was their star man in recent Madrid derby, created numerous chances from his left wing back role.
No matter who we play I cant see us getting a result. Atletico are the best team in the group and we have lost to the two others (albeit performances were ok)

Last edited:
My side would be:

Hart
AJ. CCV. Scales. Taylor
Iwata
O'Riley. CalMac. Hatate
Maeda. Kyogo

Love that line up👍solid..

Back