Atletico Madrid v Celtic , Uefa Champions League , Metropolitan Stadium, Madrid ,Tuesday 7th Nov 8pm kick off

I didn't see how well we played before Maeda went off. I'm sure with 11 men on the pitch, the score wouldn't have been so high..the Maeda red looked harsh to me. Not sure why the challenge on Kyogo wasn't looked at.
That being said, this result isn't an anomaly. Every season in the champs league we have to go through this and I hold our board responsible for that. I'm fully aware that I'm bringing the wrath of TET to my door here, but there has got to be better players out there, that we can afford, that can help stop defeats like this.
It's sickening. I feel for the bhoys tonight.
Some of the decisions were pretty dire, but in the end Athletico went for it.

Yes, I believe Rodgers got shafted in the transfer winfow. I know he has subsequently come out and publicly backed his employers, but I think he truly believed he'd get a couple more first team ready players.

But having said that, he still has to do his job and put in a plan designed to get the best possible outcome in matches like this. If that means he has to park his massive ego for a few hours and ignore his philosophy then he should be doing that. Picking that side and setting up like that was always going to leave us exposed.

Do I think the 3-5-2 with Iwata supporting the defence I mentioned earlier would have lost 6-0? I doubt it, but that is speculation as we will never know, but his game management tonight was very naive in my opinion.

I hope the board, manager/coaches and players learn from this very harsh lesson. But history suggests that none of them will and we will continue on like this forever.

We are far too good compared to practically every other side in Scotland, but are nowhere good enough against better European sides. Of course, a lit of this is based on our superior and inferior income, but we can dpend more wisely and set-up better to use the resources we have at our disposal.

We enjoy the many highs and still support them when we suffer these terrible lows.

Can’t say I’m surprised. Money means we dish out humpings in Scotland and are on the receiving end in europe. Can’t see it changing anytime soon either 😕
exactly
tonight we're the Ross County and they're the Celtic
but we all to a man know that our team could be marginally better with a bit of will
that same margin could have been the difference between 6 pts and 1 point in the 2 home games we've played so far, but we will never know as we have no appetite other than to be a feeder club

As a club we have been happy to participate in Europe rather than compete for many, many years. Take the money, bank it and do enough to keep ahead domestically. If we get an occasional great result, or even performance we can kid on we're nearly there but we never are.
The sending off killed the game, made a likely 2 or 3 goal defeat into a 6 goal pumping.
We couldn't get out in the second half and 6 flattered us.
We used 6 different midfielders over the course of the game and none of them even came close to getting pass marks. The defence at least tried to stem the tide but with no midfield in front of them they couldn't.
Tonight, and the inevitable KO from Europe before Xmas for 2nd season in a row, is down totally to a board with zero ambition when it comes to Europe.
BR can only work with the tools he's given, and a weaker team than that which failed last season was always going to struggle. In saying that BR was a bit naive with his set up after Maeda was sent off. Going with 2 up front in a 432 made no sense, especially in the second half when we could hardly get the ball to the halfway line.

I agree but we have had 3 players sent off in 2 away ties this season. If we buy even more aggressive players then the European sides will manage to get more of our players red carded - as will the MIBs in domestic fitba
scot brown was aggressive don’t think he got many red cards ,,there’s aggression then there’s stupidity!!!odins was stupid,,as was daizen leaving his foot in although a don’t think its a red,,,,

What do you think a 10 or 15 million player would cost in wages.
How many players do we have on that kind of wage, What do you think would happen with all the other players agents in regards to wage increases.
Okay we pay mediocre transfer fees and mediocre salaries this is what you get. We're 💩 in Europe and just going through the motions domestically. You only get what you pay for. Is that good enough for Celtic support? You decide but for me no.

Members online

Latest posts

Back