Australia gets ready for the return of their Athenian Fenian 🍀🍀🍀

What I love most is after Howe shit his breeks ( understandably somewhat ) when the CEOs garage is set on fire ( 🤫 we dont talk about that)
Is how the support gave Ange his chance, despite all the ' who the af?" that was flying around at the time.

And now how hes shown all that theres huge talent out there , how many " who's " has he brought to the club ?
How many of those " who's " have hit the ground running like Usain Bolt?
Practically all of them , eat yer vomit Alan Brazil ya wee runt HH

And now how hes shown all that theres huge talent out there , how many " who's " has he brought to the club ?
How many of those " who's " have hit the ground running like Usain Bolt?
Practically all of them , eat yer vomit Alan Brazil ya wee runt HH
As a "foreigner" on this forum, I have to confess to taking an unparalleled joy and satisfaction in seeing other "foreigners" like Ange or Kyogo or Hatate perform well in the SPFL (and, to an extent, those "foreigners" lighting it up in the Premier League), especially when faced with the parochial, elitist know-nothing critiques from myopic flatulent douchenozzles like Alan Brazil and their ilk.

The fact is that there is a lot of talent outside of the UK, as well as outside of Europe. Thoughtful football fans understand this, and the arrogant and pompous "UK uber alles" fans do not. It's why it's so laughable when the staunch across town think that Ryan Kent is worth so much when he'd just be average midfielder in the MLS. Scouts and front-office decision makers at clubs get this, which is why no one is beating a path to Kent's door. Or to Morelos', for that matter.

There is definitely a gold mine of players in Asia and the Americas that can be had for a song, and thank God Celtic has gone way ahead of other clubs in finding them.

And for this, indirectly, we can thank Eddie Howe for dragging his feet.

As a "foreigner" on this forum, I have to confess to taking an unparalleled joy and satisfaction in seeing other "foreigners" like Ange or Kyogo or Hatate perform well in the SPFL (and, to an extent, those "foreigners" lighting it up in the Premier League), especially when faced with the parochial, elitist know-nothing critiques from myopic flatulent douchenozzles like Alan Brazil and their ilk.

The fact is that there is a lot of talent outside of the UK, as well as outside of Europe. Thoughtful football fans understand this, and the arrogant and pompous "UK uber alles" fans do not. It's why it's so laughable when the staunch across town think that Ryan Kent is worth so much when he'd just be average midfielder in the MLS. Scouts and front-office decision makers at clubs get this, which is why no one is beating a path to Kent's door. Or to Morelos', for that matter.

There is definitely a gold mine of players in Asia and the Americas that can be had for a song, and thank God Celtic has gone way ahead of other clubs in finding them.

And for this, indirectly, we can thank Eddie Howe for dragging his feet.
There’s no such thing as a foreigner in the Celtic family Larry

It's interesting watching Howe, doing well though backed immensely , he may not have spent big EPL style but well over £100 million at Newcastle and over £250 million at Bournemouth, he'd have been backed here like no other before but not to that extent, either way we got the better option as we'd forever be bombarded with " x or y's clubs interest in our manager".

As a supporter I feel I can trust Ange to see his project out as long as he's got full support, we have him, I've never felt that since the days of Tommy Burns.

Your post ignites the grey matter , because , of course we've always known ( supporters especially) since the mid 80s of our games decline yet our media since then has often sneered at foreigners in leagues just as good or better but would have us believe we are better because we are Celtic or 'were' rangers and Hearts when they spent big etc.

As a lad following Celtic, always chasing Aberdeen and United then rangers and Hearts I didnt consider Irish players as foreign for obvious reasons and was also desperate for foreigners to do well,
The first ' name' , in the late 80s under ' super manager' Brady was English keeper Andrew's, a disaster.

First success for me was Paul Elliott, followed by Dariuz Dzeikanowski and Dwdowcyk the two Poles.
The beginning of change.
Some true disasters like Hayes, Biggins. Mowbray was a trier but not a winner, though still a good core of Scottish/irish players in the side like McLeod, Mcstay, Collins, Coyne at the time.

Reality was for me, regarding foreign players truly making a mark on our game, defying the " experts" was when Tommy Burns took over mid 90s , by now in my mid 20s known nothing but failure since the centenary really, 1 cup maybe, we began to bring in true quality players, big Pierre VH, hero, the header V Airdrie that changed us back into winners, and the type of player we bought ( mostly, there were still some nightmares to come under Dalgleish).
Tommy added Weighorst ( whom I seem to remember took time to settle), Cadete, Andreas Thom.
Then Annoni, Stubbs, Di Canio later.
He built the foundations upon which Wim finally stopped the cheating institution.

Our foreigners prevailed , enter Wim enter ghuys like Mahe, Rieper, Larsson, Brattbakk ( the bhoy who eventually come good haha) , Blinker too alongside Lambert, Phil O'Donnell, Boyd, Burley, " Darren Jackson" we had a team of winners.

We couldn't have done it without them.

Sorry , went a wee trip doon memory lane there 😂 was your post that did it 😛
Long story short ( but too late) I love our
" who ", players that come here setting the heather on fire under the bums of these ....bums who think they know better.
All they know is nothing more, often less than we do, the UK domestic game.

Any other small European countries media would praise and celebrate the heavens out of a new club reaching a UEFA final, even if a fortuitous draw in a 2nd rank competition ( bad season later included) and another new manager with his new squads very decent first assault on the elite European scene.

We have the worst media going that tries its best to be like their English counterparts when theres no similarity in the football we see, not financially we cant just hire and fire the most expensive in the world but they never give us a break.

On a side tangent , I seem to mind a certain Jim Goodwin in the Celtic squad for some of those years TB and Wim were manager 😂

Had some sweet, sweet times since but Pierres winner over Airdrie was a sea - change that we all believed after it , it was coming. HH

It's interesting watching Howe, doing well though backed immensely , he may not have spent big EPL style but well over £100 million at Newcastle and over £250 million at Bournemouth, he'd have been backed here like no other before but not to that extent, either way we got the better option as we'd forever be bombarded with " x or y's clubs interest in our manager".

As a supporter I feel I can trust Ange to see his project out as long as he's got full support, we have him, I've never felt that since the days of Tommy Burns.

Your post ignites the grey matter , because , of course we've always known ( supporters especially) since the mid 80s of our games decline yet our media since then has often sneered at foreigners in leagues just as good or better but would have us believe we are better because we are Celtic or 'were' rangers and Hearts when they spent big etc.

As a lad following Celtic, always chasing Aberdeen and United then rangers and Hearts I didnt consider Irish players as foreign for obvious reasons and was also desperate for foreigners to do well,
The first ' name' , in the late 80s under ' super manager' Brady was English keeper Andrew's, a disaster.

First success for me was Paul Elliott, followed by Dariuz Dzeikanowski and Dwdowcyk the two Poles.
The beginning of change.
Some true disasters like Hayes, Biggins. Mowbray was a trier but not a winner, though still a good core of Scottish/irish players in the side like McLeod, Mcstay, Collins, Coyne at the time.

Reality was for me, regarding foreign players truly making a mark on our game, defying the " experts" was when Tommy Burns took over mid 90s , by now in my mid 20s known nothing but failure since the centenary really, 1 cup maybe, we began to bring in true quality players, big Pierre VH, hero, the header V Airdrie that changed us back into winners, and the type of player we bought ( mostly, there were still some nightmares to come under Dalgleish).
Tommy added Weighorst ( whom I seem to remember took time to settle), Cadete, Andreas Thom.
He built the foundations upon which Wim finally stopped the cheating institution.

Our foreigners prevailed , enter Wim enter ghuys like Mahe, Rieper, Larsson, Brattbakk ( the bhoy who eventually come good haha) , Blinker too alongside Lambert, Phil O'Donnell, Boyd, Burley, " Darren Jackson" we had a team of winners.

" who ", players that come here setting the heather on fire under the bums of these ....bums who think they know better.

Any other small European countries media would praise and celebrate the heavens out of a new club reaching a UEFA final, even if a fortuitous draw in a 2nd rank competition ( bad season later included) and another new manager with his new squads very decent first assault on the elite European scene.

We have the worst media going that tries its best to be like their English counterparts when theres no similarity in the football we see, not financially we cant just hire and fire the most expensive in the world but they never give us a break.

On a side tangent , I seem to mind a certain Jim Goodwin in the Celtic squad for some of those years TB and Wim were manager 😂

Had some sweet, sweet times since but Pierres winner over Airdrie was a sea - change that we all believed after it , it was coming. HH
Thank you Winter; the best daily speed read on the Noise in a wee while. If I was to attempt to emulate your post we'd be here for ever. Why is that ? Well, simply, I have more " yesterdays" than you.
Just a bit surprised that you omitted the two most important words of the period you so eloquently remind us of.......THE BUNNET !

Last edited:
Thank you Winter; the best daily speed read on the Noise in a wee while. If I was to attempt to emulate your post we'd be here for ever. Why is that ? Well, simply, I have more " yesterdays" than you.
Just a bit surprised that you omitted the two most important words of the period you so eloquently remind us of.......THE BUNNET !
Thanks Frank glad you enjoyed my wee rambling.
I wish you all the best bhuddy 🍻
Regarding the " BUNNET " I think I'm only allowed 20 thousand characters per post or something 😂
Plus it was Larry's post on foreign players that got me started and the bunnet never played oan the field, but aye the best off it since Brother Walfrid himself so mibbess next time 😂
Keep well as can be Frank, sending positive vibes your way mhate
HH YNWA ☘

Last edited:
That's class .I wonder if our very own photography genius lennono has any photos of ange in his collection .if thier anything like his wild life photos I'd say we're in for a treat.but if you don't lennono no pressure just a thought but always a fan keep up the great work.
No photys of Ange unfortunately Jinky.........I would love to take my camera and zoom lens to CP..... I know I would get some guid photys :)

The beginning of change.

Jóhannes Eðvaldsson was the first foreigner I remember. I think everyone who saw Big Shuggy loved the guy for being a whole-hearted and honest player who gave his all. Plus he came from such an exotic place - remember this was in the early 1970s before there was an Iceland in every town!

We all loved the players Tommy Burns persuaded to join us. But I always have a wee regret about missing out then was David Ginola. We paid for him to fly across to Glasgow where he was impressed and left us thinking he was going to sign for us. Instead he flew home via Newcastle where he told them he was going to get £15K/week from Celtic so they said they'd pay him £16K/week and he went onto become a Toon legend. He could have been our first Head & Shoulders Bhoy long before Joe Hart appeared!

Personally I am very suspicious of the £100m budget that was tossed out in the shareholder's meeting. It seems to be a very conveniently high "off-putting" number that has overtones of being plucked out of his arse. I appreciate major building programmes cost a lot of money but that does sound extremely high to me for just one stand. We all know too that the building will only last for a certain period of time before it starts becoming a health hazard and the price will just keep going up and up.

I don't remember being in the Main Stand before I was there in August for the stadium tour. I have to say the seats are starting to look quite shabby, it is a bit of a rabbit warren to get onto the pitch and the dressing room is far too small and has nothing apart from lockers and basic benches. I believe the facilities for spectators during matches are poor too. These are not fit for a major club side and will never be acceptable to UEFA even if they are tarted up.

Jóhannes Eðvaldsson was the first foreigner I remember. I think everyone who saw Big Shuggy loved the guy for being a whole-hearted and honest player who gave his all. Plus he came from such an exotic place - remember this was in the early 1970s before there was an Iceland in every town!

We all loved the players Tommy Burns persuaded to join us. But I always have a wee regret about missing out then was David Ginola. We paid for him to fly across to Glasgow where he was impressed and left us thinking he was going to sign for us. Instead he flew home via Newcastle where he told them he was going to get £15K/week from Celtic so they said they'd pay him £16K/week and he went onto become a Toon legend. He could have been our first Head & Shoulders Bhoy long before Joe Hart appeared!

Personally I am very suspicious of the £100m budget that was tossed out in the shareholder's meeting. It seems to be a very conveniently high "off-putting" number that has overtones of being plucked out of his arse. I appreciate major building programmes cost a lot of money but that does sound extremely high to me for just one stand. We all know too that the building will only last for a certain period of time before it starts becoming a health hazard and the price will just keep going up and up.

I don't remember being in the Main Stand before I was there in August for the stadium tour. I have to say the seats are starting to look quite shabby, it is a bit of a rabbit warren to get onto the pitch and the dressing room is far too small and has nothing apart from lockers and basic benches. I believe the facilities for spectators during matches are poor too. These are not fit for a major club side and will never be acceptable to UEFA even if they are tarted up.
£100 million then?
Think hes thinking about a stand with a hotel built into it?

I like the way some wrote, " thankfully Howe shat the bed" or something along those lines.

But to fair to the board, since 2000 we've had Lennon, o'oneil, Strachan, Deila, Rodgers and Ange. Even if we include Mowbray that's still 16 titles, Scottish cups, league cups and last 16 of the Champions league, twice!

So to give the board a wee pat on the back, when you went for Howe he was a good manager. But with Ange you got a great manager. Trust him, don't put the club in jeopardy but back him. Believe, it's part of the journey.

Hail hail

Back