AZ Alkmaar - Next Round

They're not as strong as they were last season, but they'll provide an extremely stiff test.

Unfortunately we find ourselves around 2-3 weeks behind when it comes to Ange implementing his tactics and getting players up to speed.

The same deficiency in time applies to players coming in. If the board had acted quicker we'd already be assured of EL group stage football.

Hopefully we can progress despite this.

HH 🇳🇬👍🇳🇬👍🇳🇬

More confident about this game and the future,the last match showed how much the team had improved not perfect but getting there, thier manager has started the mind games already they have sold some of thier best players to get out of trouble if Celtic keep progressing it will take a really good team to beat them

I think we’re getting there and looking good.
Az are a decent outfit but they’re europa level
If we can’t beat them then 🤷‍♂️
Wherever we end up in Europe it is the short term price of the disastrous pre season
Agreed Stg that if we have any desires to be looking to becoming a CL team then we have to be able to beat the likes of AZ, and think we have enough about us now to do so, even if squad depth remains fairly slim still.
Bit harsh on the disastrous pre season comment I think, as things have gone better than I anticipated with the amount of work that was needed.
CL was way to early and never going to be in a position to class ourselves as a CL team this season, but signs now of being regarded as a very worthy europa league team now, and hope we can get back to where we deserve to be, and able to build upon that for the CL adventure next season.

Agreed Stg that if we have any desires to be looking to becoming a CL team then we have to be able to beat the likes of AZ, and think we have enough about us now to do so, even if squad depth remains fairly slim still.
Bit harsh on the disastrous pre season comment I think, as things have gone better than I anticipated with the amount of work that was needed.
CL was way to early and never going to be in a position to class ourselves as a CL team this season, but signs now of being regarded as a very worthy europa league team now, and hope we can get back to where we deserve to be, and able to build upon that for the CL adventure next season.
I wouldn’t say it was harsh mate
Worst preseason I’ve ever seen for preparation and planning
Before beating jablonec it had all been a disaster to be fair
If they had gotten ange a month earlier and some of the same targets in a month earlier then we’d have taken care of hearts and middenland and sitting pretty in league
Would have been a stretch possibly to have beaten Psv but on current form we’d have given them a game and been straight into europa if beat

If they had gotten ange a month earlier and some of the same targets in a month earlier then we’d have taken care of hearts and middenland and sitting pretty in league
Would have been a stretch possibly to have beaten Psv but on current form we’d have given them a game and been straight into europa if beat
Even if we had lost to PSV i would say fairly confidently we would have been in the same position within the europa league, maybe an easier tie on paper.
With the level of rebuild and still a very uncertain market with the affects of covid, it was still a very unpredictable market to say how its all going to unfold.
Thought we would have been able to off load players quicker and easier than what has been the case so far.
The style of play has been breath taken at times with new and current players adapting far quicker than expected.
Squad depth still to be addressed and believe it will be.
To be where we are currently imo, is quite an amazing feat and putting right the biggest blip tomorrow will leave us not in a bad position whatsoever imo Stg.

Even if we had lost to PSV i would say fairly confidently we would have been in the same position within the europa league, maybe an easier tie on paper.
With the level of rebuild and still a very uncertain market with the affects of covid, it was still a very unpredictable market to say how its all going to unfold.
Thought we would have been able to off load players quicker and easier than what has been the case so far.
The style of play has been breath taken at times with new and current players adapting far quicker than expected.
Squad depth still to be addressed and believe it will be.
To be where we are currently imo, is quite an amazing feat and putting right the biggest blip tomorrow will leave us not in a bad position whatsoever imo Stg.
Both make good points to be fair ....its gonna be a tough ask... if we get through its a great achievement from Ange if we don't there will be an acceptance that we are not quite there yet. 👍🍀

Both make good points to be fair ....its gonna be a tough ask... if we get through its a great achievement from Ange if we don't there will be an acceptance that we are not quite there yet. 👍🍀
I have no fears about our team based on the last few weeks. It’s remarkable the turnaround in the space of two weeks.

I think that were only going to get better and stronger as the season goes on. You could see the early signs in the first few games but the footballers we had at our disposal lacked movement up top till the wee fella was on board. It’s just a shame that they stacked the odds against the big man. I’d have loved us to have been a month ahead of where we are now.

and my dads just walked in and handed me tickets for tomorrow. I was moaning like fuck about how difficult it was trying to get tickets the other day and just gave up. The old codger has shown how it’s done.

looks like the ghirls will get to their first game now. 😍

I have no fears about our team based on the last few weeks. It’s remarkable the turnaround in the space of two weeks.

I think that were only going to get better and stronger as the season goes on. You could see the early signs in the first few games but the footballers we had at our disposal lacked movement up top till the wee fella was on board. It’s just a shame that they stacked the odds against the big man. I’d have loved us to have been a month ahead of where we are now.

and my dads just walked in and handed me tickets for tomorrow. I was moaning like fuck about how difficult it was trying to get tickets the other day and just gave up. The old codger has shown how it’s done.

looks like the ghirls will get to their first game now. 😍
Going also if like Thursday and atmosphere, then cannot wait, good to be back and never to be taken for granted ever, after this year's lesson; enjoy every minute of it.

AZ Alkmar lost to some relegation fodder today. They dropped their star player because he wants to leave, then had to sub him on, but they still lost.

I wonder if the Dutch media are printing images of broken crests and undermining their preparation before the qualifier 🤔

Well John were ye cheering for your neighbours today?????

Members online

Latest posts

Back