Barnes loses the plot further, shows ignorance & forgets welcome, whilst black trio collect all Awards at Celtic Park “Where A Man Is Judged By Footba

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Barnes loses the plot further, shows ignorance & forgets welcome, whilst black trio collect all Awards at Celtic Park “Where A Man Is Judged By Football Alone”...another article by Liam Kelly on this subject.

Barnes loses the plot further, shows ignorance & forgets welcome, whilst black trio collect all Awards at Celtic Park “Where A Man Is Judged By Football Alone”...another article by Liam Kelly on this subject.

Read that earlier mon Capitan,another great piece from Liam,John ye got bagged because ye were crap! 🍺 🥳

We can all see this for exactly what it is......he has tried to use the current focus on racism and the Black Lives Matter movement to make excuses for his poor performance and lack of ability as a football manager, he got called out on it with people providing evidence that his claims are false and have no basis in reality and he's now performing verbal and mental gymnastics instead of just owning up to his own shortcomings.

Brilliant player, shit manager, simple as that!

Btw just to point out I'm commenting on his time at Celtic, I know next to nothing about what went on at the other clubs John Barnes managed.

Last edited:
We can all see this for exactly what it is......he has tried to use the current focus on racism and the Black Lives Matter movement to make excuses for his poor performance and lack of ability as a football manager, he got called out on it with people providing evidence that his claims are false and have no basis in reality and he's now performing verbal and mental gymnastics instead of just owning up to his own shortcomings.

Brilliant player, shit manager, simple as that!

Btw just to point out I'm commenting on his time at Celtic, I know next to nothing about what went on at the other clubs John Barnes managed.

After Celtic Barnes managed the Jamaica national team in 2008–09 and English club Tranmere Rovers for four months in 2009.
He was never up to the challenge of being Celtic manager and it would appear much lesser managerial roles were far beyond his abilities.
If he had a CV to suggest otherwise he might be worth listening to. He's essentially trolling to self-promote. Fuck off Uncle John.

Celtic[edit]
In a "dream ticket" style move, Barnes was appointed head coach of Celtic on 8 June 1999 working under Kenny Dalglish as director of football. After his appointment he later re-registered himself as a player but never played a competitive game for Celtic. He was sacked 8 months into his tenure following a home 3-1 1999-2000 Scottish Cup defeat by lower division Inverness Caledonian Thistle in February. The result led to the newspaper headline, "Super Caley go ballistic, Celtic are atrocious". He is now widely considered to be one of the worst managers in Celtic's history. Kenny Dalglish took over first-team duties until the end of the season.[40] Although Dalglish won the League Cup in the process, his contract was not renewed and the board decided to replace him with Martin O'Neill.

Jamaica[edit]
Barnes entered discussions with the Jamaica Football Federation in September 2008 regarding the possibility of him managing the Jamaica national team.[41] On 16 September 2008, Barnes was appointed as manager of Jamaica announcing Mike Commane as his assistant. Barnes guided his new Jamaican charges to a first-place finish in the 2008 Caribbean Championships, qualifying as the top Caribbean side for the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

In February 2009, Barnes told Sky Sports that he wanted to return to club management if the opportunity arose.[42] It was reported in May 2009 that Barnes contacted English League Two side Port Vale to see whether he could replace out-going manager Dean Glover.[43] Ultimately, though, the potential move to Port Vale did not happen. Instead, on 14 June 2009 he confirmed that he was to be appointed manager of League One side Tranmere Rovers.

Tranmere Rovers[edit]
Barnes was officially named as manager of Tranmere Rovers on 15 June 2009, with Jason McAteer assisting him.[44] He got off to a disastrous start, with Tranmere only winning three of their first fourteen games. During their time at Tranmere, Barnes and McAteer were allegedly dubbed "Dumb and Dumber" by the Tranmere players.[citation needed] On 9 October 2009, Barnes was sacked by the club six days after a 5–0 defeat at Millwall and a run of just two wins from eleven league games.[45] He has since applied to become the manager of the Rwandan national team with Stephen Garside as his Youth Team Coach.[citation needed]

Face it ,you were shite ,all the above teams agree , even the mighty port vale said fk that he's crap ,,,,,let it sink in

Good players don't always make good managers. In fact, a lot of them are duds, like apparently this guy.

Perhaps the best example on these shores is Ted Williams, who is arguably the best hitter in the history of baseball, but was -- to be diplomatic -- an average baseball manager.

After Celtic Barnes managed the Jamaica national team in 2008–09 and English club Tranmere Rovers for four months in 2009.
He was never up to the challenge of being Celtic manager and it would appear much lesser managerial roles were far beyond his abilities.
If he had a CV to suggest otherwise he might be worth listening to. He's essentially trolling to self-promote. Fuck off Uncle John.

Point I'm making is that knowing next to nothing on what went on during his time as manager at other clubs/national teams I cannot comment on whether he faced conscious/unconscious racism. Maybe he did maybe he didn't I don't know but what I do know is that his skin colour played NO part in why he was sacked by Celtic or why the Celtic fans no longer had faith in him as a manager.

Poor signings, poor performances, poor results, his obvious lack of ability and experience at that level and his inability to cultivate a united team with a winning mentality cost him the backing of the Celtic support and his job at Celtic nothing else! His claiming it was anything other than the above reasons is a reality that exists only in his own head.

A very good article that takes apart everything jb says.I'm sure if jb has anything else to be taken apart bit by bit hes more than welcome just like every new manager at celtic thier made welcome just like he was.

Back