BELFAST movie

BILLCOWIE1958

I took the opportunity to go and see the movie BELFAST yesterday.
Shot in black and white, it mostly portrayed the situation of a protestant family, at the start of the 'Troubles', but it demonstrated that there were decent people on both sides of the divide.
If you have a spare hour and a half I fully recommend giving it a deco.
The soundtrack is pretty cool too Loads of Van Morrison and one of my all time favourites, Everlasting Love, by the Love Affair
HH🍀

Last edited:
Shot in black and white, it mostly portrayed the situation of a protestant family, at the start of the 'Troubles', but it demonstrated that there were decent people on both sides of the divide.
The soundtrack is pretty cool too
HH🍀
I quite fancy seeing the film Bill but no one I know wants to and i don't like going to the cinema on my ownio. :(

The soundtrack is pretty cool too Loads of Van Morrison and one of my all time favourites, Everlasting Love, by the Love Affair
HH🍀
I believe from looking at friends on facebook that we have a mutual friend. J.S. and she lives in Largs. I don't know if she's a friend from school as I went to St Anthony's with her.

HH🍀
Completely agree Bill. Well worth a watch. Thought the acting from the wee boy was superb. Just terrific cinema.

I worked beside Janice's husband Mark when we were Bhoys
Swell I eas a Bhoy, he wasn't. We were both from Penilee and worked in Govan
He and Janice, myself and another colleague went down to Anfield fir Wales v Scotland '78 World Cup qualifierc Otober 1977
45 years this year Where has the time gone?
I was, at tgeie Wedding
My mum attended St Anthont' s and then St Gerrards
My mother and her elder sister had a double wedding in St Anthony's chapel
They stayed directly opposite on the other side of Govan Rd
My grandfathrr refused point blank to take a taxi from one side of Govan Rd to tne other so the taxi driver took a detour by Burleigh St
Or so I was told, I wasn't there myself 😂😂

I worked beside Janice's husband Mark when we were Bhoys
Swell I eas a Bhoy, he wasn't. We were both from Penilee and worked in Govan
He and Janice, myself and another colleague went down to Anfield fir Wales v Scotland '78 World Cup qualifierc Otober 1977
45 years this year Where has the time gone?
I was, at tgeie Wedding
My mum attended St Anthont' s and then St Gerrards
My mother and her elder sister had a double wedding in St Anthony's chapel
They stayed directly opposite on the other side of Govan Rd
My grandfathrr refused point blank to take a taxi from one side of Govan Rd to tne other so the taxi driver took a detour by Burleigh St
Or so I was told, I wasn't there myself 😂😂
So much of my own life in your post Bill. Govan, St Anthony's, Penilee ( spent my teens and early twenties living there. Still have family there too ). Small world right enough.

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Alas the double back seats were taken out of cinemas many years ago SP. :LOL:
Shammy, I worked wie the council when the old Victoria picterhoose shut doon.

We got the job of ripping oot the seats and the place was well known for having the 'lovenest'

There was more DNA on those feckin seats than there was in the entire boxset of CSI???

A lassie could be impregnated just by sittin doon to watch seven brides for seven brothers and it's feasible that the unborn child could hae seven fathers due to state o' they seats.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back