Big Ange

Ange is the Lubo Moravcik of managers
An unknown in Scotland, and had to deal with a lot of skepticism, from the fans and of course media, when he was brought in
He has proven not only to know what he is doing, but has gotten the media 'telt' in a very forthright, but professional manner
What he has accomplished in such a short time is remarkable, and is no small feat, compared to last season and what he was left with
John Kennedy, in spite of all the criticism, is a good coach and he knows what he's doing, I believe he was kept under wraps by Neil Lennon's ego, and now that Ange has come in, he's appreciated John's input, as well as guys like McManus and Darren
O'Dea, as all three had played in the Hoops, and know what it means to be Celtic
Well done big Ange, onwards and upwards, we are with you all the way, and have your back
HH
YNWA
Maybe John Kennedy was holding back a bit last year because he didn't want Lennon taking the credit for the coaches' work but what I didn't get was why he didn't change things when Lennon left and he was in charge until the end of the season.

A mind of here, everyone fawning ,falling around and generally cuffing their chimps at the thought of Eddie Howes imminent arrival.. about how he was the greatest manager in the UK blah blah...some had even penned songs for him 🤣🤣🤣🤣.. meanwhile, yer man here was calling for someone from left field... someone we were unfamiliar with ........howes that working out for yeez?? 🤣👍
Howe about that then mystic Docco
Angeing furra medal what’s Fridays lotto numbers.
Howay the lads

HH 😂

Ange taking no prisoners in today's game against Raith Rovers. That is him angrily screaming at his players to go forward (OK, he did include some naughty words). I think the players got the message and understood what he wanted from them!

Lazy football ,what did they expect.Just watched his post match interview ..big man not happy.

Big man was fuckin raging and rightly so,,just shows how Quickly it can unravel from the scintillating football against the scum with totally committed players!!to that lazy shit 45min today,am sure there’s guys there that know there days are numbered,,many chances do they want to prove they merit a start,,when we don’t have wingers with pace or fullbacks way pace guys like big Tom and biton and to a degree hatate are redundant,,proven when jota,Abada come on they liven up!!a no jamsie,an Johnson are no long back after injuries but to no take lower league fullbacks on Isint good enough,?

Maybe John Kennedy was holding back a bit last year because he didn't want Lennon taking the credit for the coaches' work but what I didn't get was why he didn't change things when Lennon left and he was in charge until the end of the season.
The damage was done, and until he was given the remit with the funds and backing,
he was in a no win situation, imho
Not a lot of respect, or love lost by either of them I think
It was plain to see that there was disharmony within the backroom staff, and NL's ego, put us so far behind, it was going to take some big changes to rectify things
Enormous pressure put on anybody who took the reins and was a former player, in my estimation
I'm glad we went for someone who has been an absolute breath of fresh air
In Ange we trust
HH

Last edited:
Ange has transformed the team, no doubt. I was thinking last season that we were probably looking at building a team around Turnbull, now I'm not sure if he'd be in my preferred 11. Same with Ralston he was one of the first players on the team sheet earlier in the season now he'd only get a game if Juranovic isn't available, we all missed Forrest last season now he's playing second fiddle to Abada.
Ange has raised the standards in every position, it's incredible the turnaround he's created.

Lazy football ,what did they expect.Just watched his post match interview ..big man not happy.
Big man was fuckin raging and rightly so,,just shows how Quickly it can unravel from the scintillating football against the scum with totally committed players!!to that lazy shit 45min today,am sure there’s guys there that know there days are numbered,,many chances do they want to prove they merit a start,,when we don’t have wingers with pace or fullbacks way pace guys like big Tom and biton and to a degree hatate are redundant,,proven when jota,Abada come on they liven up!!a no jamsie,an Johnson are no long back after injuries but to no take lower league fullbacks on Isint good enough,?
Ffs We have to accept that you have off games and these come the likes of today.

Raith at home is a gimme no matter how you want to dress it up
After hearts away, last minute v united, hunskelping and pittodrie it was never going to be the same today, very predictable IMo

Fans can criticise but ask yourself what your attitude was today

half the crowd turned up, the manager changed half the team, fuck I almost forgot and tuned in after 9 minutes gone

did anybody go in to today’s game with the same attitude as the last 3/4 ?

nope, not any supporter anywhere across the globe, so cut the crap about their attitude, ours was no different to what we saw on park today

ange being a manager was giving it big licks today because it was the first time he had any right in 20 odd games.
That’s what good managers do.

Ffs We have to accept that you have off games and these come the likes of today.

After hearts away, last minute v united, hunskelping and pittodrie it was never going to be the same today, very predictable IMo

half the crowd turned up, the manager changed half the team, fuck I almost forgot and tuned in after 9 minutes gone

nope, not any supporter anywhere across the globe, so cut the crap about their attitude, ours was no different to what we saw on park today

ange being a manager was giving it big licks today because it was the first time he had any right in 20 odd games.
That's us telt STG...L. but you're spot on. Ange would've learned more in that game than he did in many of our better performances. It's another game out the way with no damage done. So I for one am a happy bhoy.

A big thank you to Eddie Howe, thank you very much for being a total bottle merchant. If Howe had a backbone we would never have heard o Big Ange.
Lets not forget Dom McKay. Don’t know what went on but he brought us Ange. I will always be grateful for that.
Not enough is made of the fact that Dom McKay brought in Ange and some of the players in that window during his 40-something day tenure at the helm of Celtic. It's as unfortunate as it is mysterious that he didn't stick around longer.

Last edited:
Got to agree Icafiero. Probably will never know the whole story there, but all's well that ends well. Whether by luck or design, it looks very much, ( at this stage ), like we have, not only a terrific gaffer, but also an outstanding human being at the club.

Not enough is made of the fact that Dom McKay brought in Ange and some of the players in that window during his 40-something day tenure at the helm of Celtic. It's as unfortunate as it is mysterious that he didn't stick around longer.
I'm not so sure dom McKay brought ange in Larry. Didn't the bigman more or less say that when McKay left.

Thank fuck youre no the manager the standards would be away to fuck in no time 😂Anyhow glad Ange seen that 45 the same as me ...not fucking good enough HH

Back