Birger Meling

BILLCOWIE1958

Is Birger Meling the Rosenborg LB the player we should be targeting to replace KT

At the right price I say YES

In the last year of his contract should we wait until January and pick him up at a reduced price or wait until next summer and try to sign him on a free transfer?

Personally with a bank account seemingly awash with cash I'd try and sign him this transfer window but without being silly about the price

He has European experience and having played against him regularly over the past 2 seasons we know what he can do

Would he be a better option than Greg Taylor? I reckon that he would be Let's make a further statement of intent before some other Club nips in and does good business

HH?

Last edited:
Is Birger Melling the Rosenborg LB the player we should be targeting to replace KT

In the last year of his contract should we wait until January and pick him up at a reduced price or wait until next simmer and try to sign him on a free transfer?

Personally with a bank account seemingly awash with cash I'd try and sign him this transfer window but without being silly about the price

He has European experience and having played against him regularly over the past 2 seasons we know what he can do

Would he be a better option than Greg Taylor? I reckon that he would be Let's make a further statement of intent before some other Club nips in and does good business

HH?
I've been pushing this particular barrow since before you went into hospital Bill. Hope you are feeling better. At least he looks like a footballer. I wouldo see us go for Robert Gumny as well.

Last edited:
Need to sign him now. His experience in champions league would be a great benefit to our team . Another right back and I think we ate fit to go for a magic season . I know another centre back would be great but bitton has been class . Azani will soon be in contention and bayo is back on the bench . Here we go 9IAR

Is Birger Meling the Rosenborg LB the player we should be targeting to replace KT

In the last year of his contract should we wait until January and pick him up at a reduced price or wait until next summer and try to sign him on a free transfer?

HH?

We never seem to get transfers done without a lot of faffing about first. :confused:

Killie apparently looking for more than double the sum Celtic are quoted to be bidding. Interest seems genuine though, the other two links yesterday based on very little other than media comments in Norway and Poland. Gumny also way over priced - for a player going into the last year of his contract - a deal could be done there later in the month if Lenny is interested.Meling would be a decent signing but so would Taylor and we've said all summer that Celtic would end up shopping at Kilmarnock in this window. That seems the most likely of the three. All three selling clubs know about the £25m from KT so it's not going to be easy bargain hunting.

Back